2015/02/13 [DMFA #1552] He didn't want Zinvth anyway.

Started by ZacAttac21, February 14, 2015, 12:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

I have to wonder... Aliph's cousin = this guy? ...And while I'm at it, is that guy Regina's father? They have the same horns...

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on February 14, 2015, 12:36:45 AM
I have to wonder... Aliph's cousin = this guy? ...And while I'm at it, is that guy Regina's father? They have the same horns...
He's a cameo character, I forget whose.  I figured that scene was in some kind of student dorm rather than the family home.

EDIT: Funta, belonging to Spice/Kv1nn4

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcblade

I was assuming the cousin was Kria, but Kria's his sister so that's not it.  Maybe the Selev (or his brother) mentioned here in Abel's Story?

Edit:  I would love to know why Kria decided to animate Devin's corpse in the next page after my link.  Undead at the time were mindless, so it wasn't like she was going to be able to return him to life...  Unless maybe she needed a cleanup crew?  ...Except she seemed concerned at the time about Devin's death.  And here, where he regains his sentience, she's more concerned about her previously non-sentient walking corpse than she is about the presumably expensive vase he just dropped. 

Nightmask

Quote from: Arcblade on February 14, 2015, 12:33:14 PM
I was assuming the cousin was Kria, but Kria's his sister so that's not it.  Maybe the Selev (or his brother) mentioned here in Abel's Story?

Edit:  I would love to know why Kria decided to animate Devin's corpse in the next page after my link.  Undead at the time were mindless, so it wasn't like she was going to be able to return him to life...  Unless maybe she needed a cleanup crew?  ...Except she seemed concerned at the time about Devin's death.  And here, where he regains his sentience, she's more concerned about her previously non-sentient walking corpse than she is about the presumably expensive vase he just dropped. 

Well remember that Kria's thought processes are warped compared what we consider normal (after all she was annoyed her daughter DIDN'T stay and trash stuff in a room filled with expensive vases when they were arguing in a flashback), but Devin was one of the few cases where we see her showing remorse or at least misgivings over what was going on.  So she may have reanimated him as a living reminder so she'd try to avoid such things in the future, since she knows with how chaotic she is she could easily shoot herself or people she cares about in the foot due to her impulsive short-sightedness.  When he regained a soul (original or not) she saw it as some small way to make amends which is why she bothered to actually raise him up from a virtual infant instead of simply destroy/kill him like most others did with older animated dead like him.

Tuyu

Quote from: Nightmask on February 14, 2015, 04:12:41 PM
Well remember that Kria's thought processes are warped compared what we consider normal (after all she was annoyed her daughter DIDN'T stay and trash stuff in a room filled with expensive vases when they were arguing in a flashback)...
She's that way now. In the comics where we've seen her in the past (as Abel's teacher, at Devin's death, with Fa'lina at the time of Abel's mother's death) she seemed a lot more clear-headed. Maybe those were examples of her playing things straight at the time, or maybe she's changed since then.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tuyu on February 23, 2015, 12:51:05 PM
She's that way now. In the comics where we've seen her in the past (as Abel's teacher, at Devin's death, with Fa'lina at the time of Abel's mother's death) she seemed a lot more clear-headed. Maybe those were examples of her playing things straight at the time, or maybe she's changed since then.

Maybe she's just playing a deeper game now. After a few hundred years, you are likely to find standard interactions boring, and want something to spice it up, I think.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears