Bucket list, community discussion

Started by Brunhidden, December 16, 2014, 01:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

today i got my dentures, ive been virtually toothless since my 30th birthday back in july, and being a 30 year old with dentures speaks a lot to me, in addition to all my other damages and problems so i got to thinking

the things i want to get done before i die. not to be dramatic or anything but to set goals to hopefully shoot for in the next 5-10 years, divided into people i want to see, places i want to go, and things i want to do

if you have suggestions, want to share your own list, or so on join in!

people i want to see- almost all my friends and acquaintances ive known only online, and there's some of them that are special enough i would go the extra miles to say hi, even once, and do some things with them. still need to figure out -what- to do with them

my honorary brother Zedd in michigan- on to do list includes share ramen with, have to think about some other things to do

my good friend Rachel Keslensky, creator of the webcomic last res0rt in california- would like to go to a dim sum house and shoot the breeze for a while, have to think about what else to do while im there

the amazing Noben, for more reasons then the obvious- i would have to work up a lot of courage before going there, but i have a great need to give her a hug before its too late. drawing a blank for what to do for the rest of the day or two i would like to spend

this guy in sweden i know- after noben he would be the person ive known the second longest, clocking in at about ten years. also an excuse to see scandinavia

places to go

- spend night in draculas castle. yes, thats a thing you can do

- an unspecified tropical island, just to see what the fuss is about

- a mountain, not a particularly tall one but just to have climbed to the top of a mountain

- europe, like half of it

- somewhere i can see the aurora

things to do

- write a childrens book or two, i have an idea for one about death that i would need illustrated

- sail a ship. an actual ship, not a boat. with actual sails as the main means of propulsion. not gonna settle for a 'technically' here

- ride a derigable. id probably freak if i were in a hot air balloon but a nice airship sounds just so classy and stylish

- engage strype in single combat. we have already exchanged a formal challenge, its just a matter of meeting in meatspace and at least 3 people have demanded it be caught on video

not featured is my 'list of people to punch' because i want to keep this more upbeat and adventurous. i dont want any of that froo froo 'stargaze, learn a language, voulentier at a hospice' kind of stuff either

anyone have suggestions? brief lists of your own?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 28, 2014, 03:38:33 PM
I want to see that video. ;-]

chances are we would keep our shirts on, sorry

note on the ship bit, largely its to one-up a prank my brother did that involved a roadblock, a sack of candy, and a mortar. i would also need a mortar but just about everything else i would already have

additions to the list

things to eat
- an alligator
- peking duck
- haggis

things to do
- wear a kilt
- learn to sing
- get a good commission of a persona, which requires finalizing a persona first
- acquire a degree above associates
- get my runic tattoo, on my shoulder, a complimentary one on the other shoulder would be a good followup goal
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on December 29, 2014, 04:00:18 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 28, 2014, 03:38:33 PM
I want to see that video. ;-]
chances are we would keep our shirts on, sorry

This is not a detriment to the quality of the video therein. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dishonored

I've been trying hard to think of something to add to this, but most hits my Amazing Wall of Apathy, or falls into the "punch X person until they explode" category.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.