2013/11/05 [CM #16] - Cause juvenile pranks are FUN when everyone's about to die

Started by Eboreg, November 05, 2013, 06:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference. Still, I wonder what Yak(ovlev)s purpose would be in doing this.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Eboreg on November 05, 2013, 06:23:10 AM
Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference. Still, I wonder what Yak(ovlev)s purpose would be in doing this.

You gotta love Firefly. :3  More points for the one who can guess the episode and/or context.

Icon by Sunblink

Raskahn

Eboreg

Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 05, 2013, 12:59:56 PM
Quote from: Eboreg on November 05, 2013, 06:23:10 AM

You gotta love Firefly. :3  More points for the one who can guess the episode and/or context.

It was in Out of Gas, where Serenity's engine blew out knocking life support offline. Wash noted how since the ship was in a very low-traffic area of the 'verse, it wasn't likely that the emergency transmission would be picked up. During the following shouting match between him and Mal, Mal offhandedly suggest that they "divert the navsats to the transmitter," which would apparently boost the signal but also muck up the receiver's navigational systems. Wash used that phrase to show how stupid it was. IIRC, he soon grudgingly admitted that it was a good idea.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.