2013/11/07 [RV #4] - Cut the F***ing Melodrama!

Started by Eboreg, November 06, 2013, 08:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Does that robber have no survival sense at all? He just saw both of his buddies get brutally killed and the killer is completely distracted. He should have run when he had the chance.

I also have a lot of sassy one-liners in mind for how Sally could respond:

"Would you cut the melodrama and focus on the task at hand?"

"That's funny, 'cause I was thinking the same thing about you."

"You really think I'm going to let you leave?"

"Just shut up and help me hide the bodies."
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on November 06, 2013, 08:26:06 PM
"Just shut up and help me hide the bodies."

Heh.  Hiding the bodies didn't factor into the original short story at all.  After a straight conversion of that story ran to 5 pages and the original source material could not be stretched, I suddenly realised that and brought the comic to six pages by adding some discussion of how they're going to deal with the fact that there's two very dead bodies and a third unconscious one.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Eboreg on November 06, 2013, 08:26:06 PM
Does that robber have no survival sense at all? He just saw both of his buddies get brutally killed and the killer is completely distracted. He should have run when he had the chance.

He's in shock, I think. Surprising, in a way, but having the situation turned around so suddenly can have that effect.

Also, in terms of suggestions for commentary: "Aww, you left me one for dessert. How sweet. And I didn't even get you anything."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 09, 2013, 07:15:40 PM
He's in shock, I think. Surprising, in a way, but having the situation turned around so suddenly can have that effect.

That was the idea, yes.  Being trapped in a room with two soul-stealing monsters who've just casually slain your comrades may give you into a certain amount of shell-shock.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 09, 2013, 07:43:32 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 09, 2013, 07:15:40 PM

That was the idea, yes.  Being trapped in a room with two soul-stealing monsters who've just casually slain your comrades may give you into a certain amount of shell-shock.

Yeah, I guess common thugs aren't known for being clear-headed in a dangerous situation.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Eboreg on November 09, 2013, 08:23:53 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 09, 2013, 07:43:32 PM
Yeah, I guess common thugs aren't known for being clear-headed in a dangerous situation.

When the danger has gone from something they're making happen to someone else, to something being made to happen to them, yes. It's the ambush scenario; there's a second or two that it takes for people to process that they're being ambushed, during which they freeze. As a corollary, there's nothing as effective as an ambush turned around; if the ambushers are countered, the second they expect to get isn't there, and _they_ then freeze up for a second or two.

It's not applicable to everyone, but the vast majority of people behave this way, so it's a useful generalisation.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears