21/12/12 [DMFA #1363] - "You must kill Alexsi...with your BEAROTTERCATBAT HANDS"

Started by Tapewolf, December 21, 2012, 04:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Moonfire on December 21, 2012, 06:32:19 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 21, 2012, 12:52:57 PM
Another interesting thing is that Fa'Lina did foresee their demise if Abel didn't go with them.  Presumably the block was raised after then...

Fa'lina's ability seems to be specifically tied to SAIA and once they leave, the person. As she says, after a few months, she can no longer see their future.
I would tend to assume an oracle's insight would be from "above" instead (considering her link to the person direct and "inside").

Or, you could take it as further proof it's Destania's/Cyra's doing, and it doesn't affect Fa'lina's sympatico magic.

Can't be. If it were Cyra's power hiding Destania and Dan (and close family), then Aaryanna's query of the Phoenix Oracle would get a totally different response.

You know, different to the two she got.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AxiLarin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 22, 2012, 04:03:08 PM
Can't be. If it were Cyra's power hiding Destania and Dan (and close family), then Aaryanna's query of the Phoenix Oracle would get a totally different response.

You know, different to the two she got.
Unless the shielding around Lost Lake was established after Dan's birth, which is highly probable.  The Oracles would have been able to see Dan's birth and Destinia's decision to become "Desiree", and then the shield went up.  Da' would only be able to see what's been going on in Pyroduck's life whenever he is away from the inn (probably for the best given most of the smoochy sessions with Alexsi at the inn... @woot!).  Would be interesting to know if now that shield is also protecting Abel from being spotted by the dragons and their cohorts as well.  Heck, Merlitz could even be hiding somewhere in the inn and being shielded (99% sure he's not, but it'd be funny).
Been re-reading A LOT of the archives today and wrapping my head around stuff...  what's clouding Merlitz from his stone, what's keeping Da' from seeing what's going on with the adventurers or Merlitz, who the oracle is who spoke to Nitemyst and if she really is an oracle or working for whatever these dark forces are, Destinia and Biggs' plotting to destroy the dragons (did your mom ever explain to you it was her fault?), who Pip really is, the Creature Council and Mab's fascination with Jyrras and his non-magical materials, guns, and gadgets, this supposed "revolution" that Mab thinks Jyrras is going to bring about, if the undead are involved, where Devin's soul is if anywhere...  It's a good thing I have vacation coming up.  I may need to sleep this all off.  :erk

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

Gabi

Oh, so we finally know what species Pyroduck is!!

Regardless of that - which is quite a revelation by itself - I must say this strip was really touching. I've always liked Pyroduck, but he's won even more points now. :3
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Infranscia

On a different note, does this comic + comic title remind anyone else of the end credits song from the 3rd Pokémon movie?
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

KiloFoxx

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 21, 2012, 04:26:58 PM
It is the unfortunate juggle.  While there are some folks who would probably enjoy page after page of explanations and back n forth dialogues, there is an equal amount of people who would get tired after a couple pages and feel the story is dragging. 

The main thing is Pyroduck knows Da fairly well, and Da knows Pyroduck fairly well ontop of she would know what Pyroduck is calling for and the various questions he would have.  In that sense, there was no reason for Pyroduck to have to ask because Da already knows the question.  That she didn't provide an answer at all is what is unsettling to Pyroduck as Da has always been one to provide some sort of insight or clue that even if it wasn't a direct answer, would give Pyroduck some indication or insight to the situation.  The only reason Pyroduck would have asked questions would have been for the narrative for the readers sake.    Which perhaps I should have done since it does seem to have upset you quite a bit.

I guess at the time I thought it unnecessary and wanted to continue the story on. 

you could always just have a few text-only pages available in an "extras" tab or something to give information to those NOT afraid of text-walls. would also save you the trouble of drawing yourself and fluffy explaining everything with DRAMATIC POSES

i actually didn't think of Pyroduck taking Da's not answering that question as more unsettling to him because he knows that she knows he'd ask. it eaither goes to show how much thought you put into this, or how unobservant most of us actually are. but now that i'm aware of it, it's even more off-putting that she didn't address it.

Quote from: AxiLarin on December 22, 2012, 09:28:58 PM
<Snip>

Heck, Merlitz could even be hiding somewhere in the inn and being shielded (99% sure he's not, but it'd be funny).
<snip>

y'know, that'd be absolutely hilarious.

YawnPB

Gets ya wondering, if his remarks on being from the future were because of his mom always telling him what's gonna happen.  For the first time in his life, living will be a surprise.
Lurkus Wallflowerus

Eboreg

I was thinking and then something I wish I thought of before popped up. Mab is shielding the Inn because she doesn't want anyone to find out about Jyrras's farming equipment.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.