R.I.P Bedlam

Started by Ignuus66, August 21, 2012, 04:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignuus66

Hope she* had a long and happy life, but all good things must come to an end some day. Such a shame it was after your birthday...

(credit: Gabi)

Tapewolf

She, actually, but yes.  I was sorry to read about it last night and I'm still not really sure how to articulate my sympathies properly.  But I hope you're able to feel better soon.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ravenscroft

Love you bunny! :bunny

:bunnycry :thread
We'll miss you Bedlam!
Oh wow! Uh Yeah Sorry about that turns out I'm quite, quite mad. I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience of it all. Personally I'm as scared as all of you must be. But on the Plus side I'm not dangerous! Just not to be taken personally.

Sofox

Well, Bedlam is more...

But yes, may she rest in peace and my sympathies to Amber and Mason.

e_voyager

you have my sympathies.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Sunblink

I'm so sorry, Amber. :< Feel better soon, and my condolences after your loss.

killpurakat

Having lost both my pets within the last year, I understand your sorrow and pain. It is not an easy fact of life to deal with.

But I know that your bunny was loved by you and Mason very much, and that's the greatest thing you could have done for her.

Drakkenmensch

So sorry for your loss, Amber. Beloved pets are precious, and losing one is always such a terrible hole in your life where there used to be a loving fuzzy presence.  *hugs*

Grey Wolf

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. May Bedlam find many grand adventures and peaceful rest wherever she goes.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Gabi

I never know what to say in a situation like this. I'm really sorry for your loss. :hug
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Attic Rat

Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

ChaosMageX

Having owned over 35 guinea pigs throughout my childhood and watched them all die, or be stillborn, so I definitely know what it's like to lose a beloved small pet.
For me, there will never be another Gizmo, Phoebe, or any of the other precious little texel guinea pigs I used to own.
For you, there will never be another Bedlam.
But they live on in our hearts. We spoiled them rotten with treats and cuddles when they were alive, so that's what counts, right?

Icon by Sunblink

BabylonRanger

I've never had or lost a rabbit.  But I did have hermit crabs, a bearded dragon, and two hamsters that I lost.  I still miss them dearly (part of the reason I don't get a couple rats is because I couldn't cope with losing them every two years) and I know I would be devastated if my turtle died.  So you have all my sympathy and empathy ma'am.  And several offered internet hugs if you want some from a stranger.   :hug

Ignuus66

Ahh, the hindsight is the worst part, I lost my hamster in december (right after my birthday and on christmas too, fancy that) And I felt that I was responsible somehow that I did not check on him enough, and regret is definately the worst when you know someone you loved passed away but you could have done something to help.. :/

(credit: Gabi)

Grey Wolf

Nope. Not your fault, Amber. You couldn't have known how bad it was, and it might not have been the sort of thing you can stop, anyway.

(Also, Ignuus; don't blame yourself, either)
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

FairWage22

Amber,

First of all, words are always weak when emotion is raw, and it is very hard to convey emotion in a text-forum environment without going overly dramatic or sounding deathly cold.  Let me try, though.

Bedlam gave you the greatest gift a pet could.  She gave you her last moments alive.  She didn't curl up in her cage, trying to hide from the end--she was with you!  She didn't need help with the last hard step that all living things must take.

Losing a pet is rough, we've had a half-dozen cats and four dogs in my life-time run on ahead from our household.  And as much as folks may say otherwise, it never gets easier.

Grief is a natural process, we all go through it, and most of us second-guess/armchair quarterback the scenario "If only I...".

The best thing to do (in personal experience/opinion, at any rate), if you haven't done it already, is have a memorial service.  It doesn't have to be big, it could just be a 'moment of silence', but something.

Condolences and *hugs*

Wage

For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Rakyth

Amber, from the stories I've heard, rabbits are rather prone to illness. What you can take solace in is that you gave your rabbit a happy and warm life in your home.

Abel-needs-a-hug

I can't think of anything to say that doesn't sound generic, but if you want advice for the grieving process, I hear chocolate helps. Or, in your case, tacos. (I really hope this doesn't sound callous.)

ArchTeryx

I truly do sympathize - my fiancee's rabbit also died suddenly about a year ago, and I loved her little mini-rex to pieces.  Alex was one of those rabbits that had a whole lot of character under that deceptively cute exterior.

You deserve all the mourning time you need, Amber.  Don't feel guilty about taking it. *HUG*

Tarakona

My Bunnicula and our entire furry family send our deepest sympathies to you and Mason. In the short time I have had one, I have learned that buns are extremely fragile. That she had such an extended happy life, and crossed the Bridge so quickly, is certainly a testament to your care.

Please know that she is with you always, knows your love, and will be waiting for you at the end of your Journey.

*hugs*