Concept artwork for vulpesweasel's avatar

Started by GabrielsThoughts, August 18, 2006, 02:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

ok, this is a concept sketch for Vulpesweasal's new avatar which I am in the process of making. I'm very proud of it because ti took me less that 20 minutes to do the bust sketch and just under half an hour for the inking... although I still managed to screw up the right eye, however when it is colored there will be a black mask over the area anyways.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

In all honesty, I think it looks a little too much like your rendition of Cid.  So I sat down and played with it for a bit to see if I could make it a little more weasley.

Basically, I pulled the nose forwards and reshaped the right cheek (his right, not the RHS of picture) to give him more of a muzzle.  I could be way off-base here (being responsible for the 'Sacred Jaguar' fiasco) but that's what I would have done given your drawing skills.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

shame I allready finished it, and I don't think he looks like cid at all, the nose is smaller,  the eyes are bigger and more box shaped, his body is that of a wirey individual, and finnally the coloring is different. If I was doing a 3/4 view I would change vulpes muzzle apperance, but since this is free, and only took twenty minutes to draw, and it is going to be small as a thumnail  I didn't bother with anything special, but thanks for the suggestions TW. 

Edit: for spelling
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

That is brilliant.  I hope he likes it.
Now, purely for fun, here's my 'weasled' version of the colour picture.

The nose was easy of course, I don't think the jaw worked quite as well this time, though.

GabrielsThoughts

that actually looks pretty good if you look at the image at a right angle... if the nose was pushed up a little it might look pretty snazzy

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on August 18, 2006, 04:14:29 PM
that actually looks pretty good if you look at the image at a right angle... if the nose was pushed up a little it might look pretty snazzy

I've just lifted the nose up by three pixels.

vulpesweasel

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Gareeku

James StarRunner

mini-lion