Hello, I am Icalasari, and I may be slightly insane

Started by Icalasari, April 01, 2010, 01:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icalasari

Don't worry if I bite you. That is commonly seen as good luck! :D

...Still, you may want to get it checked out. Just saying

Anyways, I recently started reading DMFA, and I decided to join the forums after seeing the Pimptastic Cubi Quoar. I am 18 years old, and am studying to become a vet or doctor. So far, it is not going well (****ing calculus) >.>

I am also working on a card game, which I have been working on since grade... 5, I believe. It has a fleshed out world, mythology, gods, hundreds of creatures, and even languages that still need some work. It is precious to me and the one thing that I will hurt people badly over if they try to do something like steal it

I like playing Pokemon, and I also like drawing. I am fairly weird, and I have Aspergers, which ironically enough actually HELPS me cope with the internet, since I am used to not relying on facial expressions

I may get nasty if you make jokes about trains or act like a complete idiot about them, since my brother was killed many years ago due to being hit by one while walking on the tracks. So please, don't joke about trains and deaths caused by them if I have posted in that thread already, because I will very likely get snappy and bite your head off. Besides, its like making dead baby jokes. Just plain tactless

All in all, I hope I enjoy my stay here and learn a few things and leech off of anybodies artistic abilities so I can finally draw a god damned action pose!
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

techmaster-glitch

Heh, you seem nice enough. Welcome to the forums, hope you have a good long stay.

InsanityRequiem

There can only be one insane person in this forum! I challenge you to a fish-duel! *Brandishes a Halibut.*

Kidding aside, welcome to the forums! If you must shank someone, do so behind the forum next door.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Icalasari

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 01, 2010, 01:24:44 AM
Heh, you seem nice enough. Welcome to the forums, hope you have a good long stay.

Thanks. I hope to have a good long stay X3

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 01, 2010, 01:44:30 AM
There can only be one insane person in this forum! I challenge you to a fish-duel! *Brandishes a Halibut.*

*cocks a Sea Bass while eating Tea and drinking Cod*

QuoteKidding aside, welcome to the forums! If you must shank someone, do so behind the forum next door.

Thanks for the welcome, and I will do my shanking where I feel like it, thank you very much! >:|
Loading WinMows....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hrm. Tactless is a problem?

Man, are you going to have trouble, here...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brownie

Kidding aside, welcome to the forums! If you must shank someone, do so behind the forum next door.
I think I'll get in on this *unsheathes his Swordfish.*

Condolences on your brother's death. But...I must ask...Walking on the tracks: Was he just walking across them? Or was he walking down them? Because the latter would have been pretty stupid unless it was an unused track or yout knew you could jump out of the way quick enough.

Biscuits? A slice of cake perhaps? To go with your tea?

Hmm...Now I feel like a cup myself.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Icalasari

Quote from: Brownie on April 01, 2010, 06:38:35 AM

I think I'll get in on this *unsheathes his Swordfish.*

Condolences on your brother's death. But...I must ask...Walking on the tracks: Was he just walking across them? Or was he walking down them? Because the latter would have been pretty stupid unless it was an unused track or yout knew you could jump out of the way quick enough.

Biscuits? A slice of cake perhaps? To go with your tea?

Hmm...Now I feel like a cup myself.

*shoots your hand with my Sea Bass, then pulls the fin off of a puffer fish, throws it in, and takes cover*

He was walking down them. Somehow, he had his CD Player loud enough to drown out a train horn, and the tracks didn't rattled

And sorry, I meant Tactless AND Unfunny. I come from the TML boards on CAD. Once, when they posted a story of a kid who was almost fully decapitated (and survived somehow), people started making wisecracks such as, "He got a-head!"

And that is standard boring fare for us there :D

Quote from: Turnsky on April 01, 2010, 10:23:29 AM
great, another nut... salted or unsalted?  >:3

Salted

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 01, 2010, 11:12:02 AM
Dry-roasted. If not now, then soon...

Good luck roasting me
Loading WinMows....

Lysander

Hello, Icalasari. This card game of yours sounds interesting... I bid you welcome.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Icalasari

Quote from: Lysander on April 01, 2010, 05:56:05 PM
Hello, Icalasari. This card game of yours sounds interesting... I bid you welcome.   :januscat

Thank you

And yeah, it is interesting

By the way, the Goddess of Light in it is a nude women who also represents lust, and can change her appearance to attract anyone, male or female, gay, straight, bi, or asexual

And her hair, wings, and some light would censor all the goodies :D

Damn though, if my game ever became popular, well, I look forward to the fan art of her :D

By the way, my username actually comes from one of the creatures in the game. It is one of my favourite ones to boot
Loading WinMows....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mao

Lisky

*pokes head in*

Hmm... pre-med path... a few words of warning, and wisdom: It's VERY hard. You need to be organized, intelligent and interested in some fairly complex bio-chemical reaction, along with willing to deal with the "weeding out" (you'll know them if you take them... they're the ones that tend to eat 40 hours a week while you're in class for perhaps a tenth that time) classes that have a very good chance of breaking you.   Anatomy and Physiology requires extensive memorization, and one must also retain that memorization well beyond -just- that week or month's exam. 

Bio-chemistry is horribly complex, as the rearranging of the same elements yields slightly different molecules, and yet,  causes vastly different results... i could go into details, but that would involve a long-winded excerpt from a research paper... something that, if you choose to follow this path, you'll learn to write practically in your sleep.

Pre-med is tough, it's rough, and unless it's something that you can truly set yourself towards, something that you need, you're probably going to want to look at something else.  I'm not trying to scare you away, just warning you that getting your pre-med degree... which in turn, sets you up for Med school, another 4-6 years as well, isn't something you can "press an easy button" and do. 

If you're planning on succeeding it's not something you can just decide "I think i want to be a doctor..." it takes work, dedication and natural talent... yes, in some ways you have to born/brought up with "the right stuff".  There's a reason that so few (percentage wise) people actually earn their MDs.  I'm taking my MCATs next spring, so that's just something to keep in mind... I've got an easy semester now because i more or less destroyed myself for 2 years, but also grew from the experience.

Now, with the big scary warning out of the way, -IF- you truly feel like you're up to the challenge, and you need a hand, i can see what i can do... easy semester is a very relative term @.@

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Roureem Egas

I'm confused. Are you declaring yourself to be dried squid, or are you saying your name is either I calamari or Icalasari? :V

Shachza

Quote from: I calamari on April 01, 2010, 01:17:25 AM
I like playing Pokemon, and I also like drawing. I am fairly weird, and I have Aspergers, which ironically enough actually HELPS me cope with the internet, since I am used to not relying on facial expressions

*Hisses*  No, precious.  They will not hurts us again!  *Hissssss*  No more pokings mans...

*blinks*

Sorry, what?  Oh welcome!  I'm a former Magic: the Gathering player, so don't mind me.  Haven't liked Pokemon since my favorite gaming hang out got swamped with underage card gamers who loved to show off their new foil, loved to claim their pokemon would destroy any Magic deck we used, and absolutely could not accept retorts that Diabolic Edict was a cheap way to one-shot any Pokemon deck.

Hope your stay is pleasant.  Oh, and don't feed the Mao.
            <-- #1 that is!

Icalasari

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 01, 2010, 09:08:21 PM

... Is that a request? That sounds like a request.
[/quote]

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 01, 2010, 09:24:21 PM
Sounds like one to me.

...*grabs the fire hose* Don't say I didn't warn you guys ;P

Quote from: Basilisk on April 01, 2010, 10:05:22 PM
*pokes head in*

Hmm... pre-med path... a few words of warning, and wisdom: It's VERY hard. You need to be organized, intelligent and interested in some fairly complex bio-chemical reaction, along with willing to deal with the "weeding out" (you'll know them if you take them... they're the ones that tend to eat 40 hours a week while you're in class for perhaps a tenth that time) classes that have a very good chance of breaking you.   Anatomy and Physiology requires extensive memorization, and one must also retain that memorization well beyond -just- that week or month's exam. 

Bio-chemistry is horribly complex, as the rearranging of the same elements yields slightly different molecules, and yet,  causes vastly different results... i could go into details, but that would involve a long-winded excerpt from a research paper... something that, if you choose to follow this path, you'll learn to write practically in your sleep.

Pre-med is tough, it's rough, and unless it's something that you can truly set yourself towards, something that you need, you're probably going to want to look at something else.  I'm not trying to scare you away, just warning you that getting your pre-med degree... which in turn, sets you up for Med school, another 4-6 years as well, isn't something you can "press an easy button" and do. 

If you're planning on succeeding it's not something you can just decide "I think i want to be a doctor..." it takes work, dedication and natural talent... yes, in some ways you have to born/brought up with "the right stuff".  There's a reason that so few (percentage wise) people actually earn their MDs.  I'm taking my MCATs next spring, so that's just something to keep in mind... I've got an easy semester now because i more or less destroyed myself for 2 years, but also grew from the experience.

Now, with the big scary warning out of the way, -IF- you truly feel like you're up to the challenge, and you need a hand, i can see what i can do... easy semester is a very relative term @.@

Eh, my disorder helps out a bit. If something interests me, I can easily memorize it. It was how I pulled off 85% in high school Biology with only... 2-3 hours of studying total?

Either that, or the universe REALLY liked me that year

Quote from: Roureem Egas on April 01, 2010, 10:50:24 PM
I'm confused. Are you declaring yourself to be dried squid, or are you saying your name is either I calamari or Icalasari? :V

The hell? Somebody changed my display name O.o; *changes it back to Icalasari*

Quote from: Shachza on April 02, 2010, 02:03:01 AM*Hisses*  No, precious.  They will not hurts us again!  *Hissssss*  No more pokings mans...

*blinks*

Sorry, what?  Oh welcome!  I'm a former Magic: the Gathering player, so don't mind me.  Haven't liked Pokemon since my favorite gaming hang out got swamped with underage card gamers who loved to show off their new foil, loved to claim their pokemon would destroy any Magic deck we used, and absolutely could not accept retorts that Diabolic Edict was a cheap way to one-shot any Pokemon deck.

Hope your stay is pleasant.  Oh, and don't feed the Mao.

...They... They did realize that the Pokemon, if turned into Magic Cards, would have numbers no where NEAR what the cards showed... Right?

God I am sorry you had to deal with such idiots
Loading WinMows....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Icalasari on April 02, 2010, 02:58:20 AM
[/ quote]

Sounds like one to me.

Oh, look. And you seem to have trouble with the quotes. Here's a hint, the quote to /quote markers go around the bit you want to quote...

I can't think who that might have been.

Tapewolf

No-one seems to have said "Remember to read the rules" yet, so I suppose I should.  Welcome aboard, don't forget to read and follow the rules.

I think what llearch may be saying is something like "Settle down, just be yourself and not an exaggerated personality."
As for dry-roasted, that may be llearch's euphemism for "crucified", him being a moderator and all.  I don't think anyone has said "beware of the mods" yet either >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Suwako

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2010, 07:16:48 AM<snip> <snip>  has said "beware of the mods" yet either >:3

We should beware them? I am hardly aware of them. :<

Icalasari

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 02, 2010, 07:16:16 AM
[/ quote]

Sounds like one to me.

Oh, look. And you seem to have trouble with the quotes. Here's a hint, the quote to /quote markers go around the bit you want to quote...

I can't think who that might have been.

Ah, I see that I accidentally missed taking out a [/quote]

And I'm watching you ;P

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2010, 07:16:48 AM
No-one seems to have said "Remember to read the rules" yet, so I suppose I should.  Welcome aboard, don't forget to read and follow the rules.

I think what llearch may be saying is something like "Settle down, just be yourself and not an exaggerated personality."
As for dry-roasted, that may be llearch's euphemism for "crucified", him being a moderator and all.  I don't think anyone has said "beware of the mods" yet either >:3

I have read the rules. And the only time I use an exaggerated personality is when I am trying to being funny/when I am off my meds
Loading WinMows....