Computer file association virus

Started by GabrielsThoughts, March 08, 2010, 04:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: superluser on March 11, 2010, 03:23:57 PM
Quote from: RobbieThe1st on March 11, 2010, 03:15:17 PMWhich was why I recommended FlashBlock. Which only blocks Flash.

That's why I talked about Adblock.
Oh, sorry. I thought you were talking about why you shouldn't use my solution, completely skipping over my FlashBlock suggestion.
  I think you have to stop reading my mind when you post, by the way.
Erm?

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

superluser

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on March 11, 2010, 03:32:34 PMErm?

Just about everything you've written about Flashblock sounds like something I'd say.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Darkmoon

I just use AdBlock. If they wanted me to look at their ads, they'd make their ads look better (and by they I mean the ad people).
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Drayco84

I just really hate doubleclick.com and google AdSense. And not just as a viewer with AdSense, either! They really suck when it comes to publishers! For an example, you guys know I have my own site, right? (It's in my sig...) Well, at first, I started using AdSense, and told it NO POLITICAL ADS. What does it do? Posts political ads and doesn't remove them. (Yeah, I'm aware that I had a poor selection to begin with, but I despise politics in pretty much all forms.)

And doubleclick? Most of the super-annoying crap I've seen comes from them! I'm all for sites using ads to increase revenue/break even/mitigate some losses, but loading a 10Mb ad FIRST on a page of mostly text?! Bad form, people, bad form. And yes, I'm aware PW loads first on my site. I'm also aware that I have the same ad in two places. But, in the first few months, I actually started getting some pennies out of them, and I can check out the ad DIRECTLY from my site, rather than punch it into a search engine and hope it matches up. Plus, I can refuse ANY bidders at ANY time. (I haven't tried that yet, though.) Oh, and if I want to call attention to the ad on my site, I can do so. With AdSense, I was supposed to ignore them.

And Flash-based ads... I really hate flash-based ads... Yeah, they're neat, but they're large in terms of data size.