12/15/09 [CVRPG III #1142] - Impressionable Young Minds

Started by bradypodidae, December 15, 2009, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradypodidae

I take it Darkmoon is a big fan of the latest Vampire craze. Not to date myself, but I had to live through Barnabas Collins when my older sisters became his "groupies" during the original 'Dark Shadows'. That's all I'll say on that since there already exists a thread exalting everyone's fixation on the "Sparkle" phenomenon.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

"fan" only insofar as "rotating object to which the fecal matter is attracted in a gravitational manner", perhaps...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on December 15, 2009, 11:56:45 AM
I take it Darkmoon is a big fan of the latest Vampire craze. Not to date myself, but I had to live through Barnabas Collins when my older sisters became his "groupies" during the original 'Dark Shadows'. That's all I'll say on that since there already exists a thread exalting everyone's fixation on the "Sparkle" phenomenon.

I assume you're referring to me and not the character.

Yeah, I don't care so much for the current vampire craze, but hey, it's one of many fads for the creature, and it won't be the last phenomena that moves through.

This was just one of those stream-of-consciousness comics where I set Darkmoon up against two giggling girls. Then I had to think of a joke. Do I pick on Twilight? Everyone picks on Twilight. How can I make it about more than just Twilight. Well, I can pick on Symphony of the Night (Alucard). Oooh, and then I could broaden the joke. Pull in a little of that Bram Stoker's Dracula/Anne Rice vibe (except without the gay vampires, as only Darkmoon was in that comic)...

It kinda grew out of that thought of "there's always a fad -- let's pick on all of them."
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...