08/10/09 [DMFA#1029] - Zombie Jyrras

Started by Tsunari, August 10, 2009, 01:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

After seeing the title of this topic I'm wondering what zombie Jy would look like. I would draw a picture myself but I'm not that good an artist.
I'm back, and tired.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2009, 12:17:10 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on August 10, 2009, 12:13:27 PM
Who wants to the first to come up with a Mab/ Jyrras REVOLUTION! poster, there's a prize in if for you.      :mowcookie  
Turnsky's good at doing those...

sorta.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Who wants to the first to come up with a Mab/ Jyrras REVOLUTION! poster, there's a prize in if for you.      :mowcookie 

Been done already.

:ddrabel

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2009, 12:26:02 PM
sorta.

Yeah.  I thought you also did the 'Chairman Mow' poster, but on reflection that was probably someone else.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Judging by Mab's discussion of linear friends (those who go through time in a linear fashion), there is a possibility that Mab has gone through this in a number of alternate universes, befriending Dan in each one and trying to prevent a disastrous ending.  However, it is quite possible that they all ended in disastrous results.

Does anybody remember "The Lathe of Heaven" by Ursula LeGuin?  Attempts to change the future had rather disastrous results.  Given Mab's power, the subject of  Gone Horribly Wrong on TVTropes and Unintended Consequence on Wikipedia appear predictable.  After all, the fae have apparently destroyed the universe at least once.

Judging by this scene, I would say that it is quite likely that Mab had a thing for Merlitz.

By the way, I saw a rumor that the Apple ITunes store was going to start carrying e-texts of books and short stories sometime in the future.  That would make it a lot easer to find the stories being that are being referenced here.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

MT Hazard

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 10, 2009, 12:28:12 PM
Who wants to the first to come up with a Mab/ Jyrras REVOLUTION! poster, there's a prize in if for you.      :mowcookie  

Been done already.

Ha, I was thinking more Russian/ Cuban and less dance.  :mowwink
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

GreenReaper

I like how they solved the lighting issue - a blue sky below the trees, but starlight above. Best of both worlds!

inuhanyo

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 10, 2009, 09:41:52 AM
And the setting keeps changing during the conversation, but I'm wondering, are they teleporting around, maybe altering the landscape to suit their whimsy? Because a third option occurred to me, If you remember the conversation between Rose and Mab in 832-833, they refer to beings, but I think by extension all non-fae as "linears". If it's a term of distinction, it means that it doesn't apply to Fae, and I'm wondering exactly *when* this conversation occurs.

Rose: "They're at the cafe!  I'm at the cafe!  I'm there right now listening to the little yellow guy talk about his childhood!"

It's not that Fae are nonlinear in time, they're nonlinear in space.   During the above scene, Rose is in three places simultaneously, and it's not even an effort.

So while Mab is having this conversation with Albanion, she could still be in the Lost Lake Inn with Jyrras.

As for Fae and Beings, well, here is more of what Rose says:
"You know I hate getting involved in things like this,  Mab!

"I'm going to start caring!  And the I'm going to go out of my way to help!  And then..."

ishidan

Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2009, 10:31:01 AM
oooh oooh! i know!

Mab could hide Jyrras at SAIA... as a Garden Gnome  >:3
A garden gnome?  Can't see how that works, he's not much for forestry.  Jyrras is obviously more of a Dwarven Tinkerer.

undadog

Quote from: ishidan on August 10, 2009, 08:28:37 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2009, 10:31:01 AM
oooh oooh! i know!

Mab could hide Jyrras at SAIA... as a Garden Gnome  >:3
A garden gnome?  Can't see how that works, he's not much for forestry.  Jyrras is obviously more of a Dwarven Tinkerer.

If SAIA has a creek he could be a rusted-up shopping cart.  >:3

Ganurath

My theory as to why Mab cares about the balance of power:

She doesn't know who she'll become friends with later down the line. By maintaining the balance of power between everyone, she doesn't have to worry about her future friends being at risk of extinction, like with humans and the plague.

Essentially, she's being what Eldar would be if they weren't in the Grim Darkness of Grimdark.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Lego3400

Jyrras would make a cute zombie... Also the thought of Mab thinking of all this as a game is a very scary thought indeed.

terrycloth

I'm not sure how it could *not* be a game for her. Everything is a game to the fey. The game is that she gives herself this personality and these acceptable powers to use in everyday life, and plays that role until she 'dies' and comes up with a new character. Right now she's talking out of character with Albanion, which is okay because she's in another universe. In the game, Albanion is a bad guy, isn't he?

Lucheek

Y'know, this is the second undead thing I've drawn under forum request.

Caswin

You know, I was just reconsidering Jyrras' chances of starting a revolution, especially on his own initiative.  It makes more sense than I thought, assuming he hasn't changed his attitude towards the likes of Kria.

Have I mentioned that I like where this is going, as well as Mab's expression in the first panel?

(I also just now got the joke in the previous strip.  Heh.  Good one.)

...and in other news, Lucheek wins the thread.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Jairus

Quote from: Lucheek on August 11, 2009, 04:40:53 PM

Does anyone else have "Triller" running through their mind now?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Corgatha Taldorthar

The original, or the South Park parody?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

LionHeart

Quote from: Jairus on August 11, 2009, 08:01:05 PM
Quote from: Lucheek on August 11, 2009, 04:40:53 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k295/lucheek/TechnoRemixofCourse.png

Does anyone else have "Triller" running through their mind now?
Definitely - he looks like he's doing the dance to it...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

ishidan

Lucheek

I think maybe he's dancing to the tecno remix, of course.

bradypodidae

Funny, Caramell Dansen was the first thing that came to my mind. Curse you, internet memes!  >:3
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC