08/10/09 [DMFA#1029] - Zombie Jyrras

Started by Tsunari, August 10, 2009, 01:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsunari

Now I wonder if Jyrras would be able to be with Abel as a zombie.

Jairus

Well, we know Mpreg isn't going to be involved anyway (thank every god that has ever or will ever exist for that). So, that's not a problem. But if Jyrras took care of himself, then he could live for millennia I suppose.

As it is, she wants Jyrras to change everything on Furrae, but he has to do it himself, despite the fact that everything would go easier and smoother if she "helped" out. That's a mentality I can get behind, for a number of reasons that are complicated to explain, including an idea of how change has to come from inside of a society for it to be lasting. Now, the question I am asking is why Mab is so worried about the balance of power on Furrae? That's the real question here. I mean, she's a bloody Fae. She can live forever. As far as we know, they're unkillable. Why does one little backwater dimension matter so much?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

!KCA

Quote from: Jairus on August 10, 2009, 02:21:56 AM
Now, the question I am asking is why Mab is so worried about the balance of power on Furrae?

Because it's a game.

Jairus

Quote from: !KCA on August 10, 2009, 02:30:17 AM
Now, the question I am asking is why Mab is so worried about the balance of power on Furrae?

Because it's a game.
That may be the single most frightening and interesting possibility possible. An all-powerful almost completely alien entity playing with the politics of an entire world and manipulating her friends to achieve an end she could do with a snap of her fingers simply because it's a game.

I like it. :mwaha
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

ooklah

<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Jasonrevall

I would totally want to be a zombie. You could live for a long time and wouldn't need to find a costume on Halloween.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ganurath

My friends would probably do it, if only because they know it would improve my chances with the girl I'm after.

So, I'm guessing Jyrras being a being plays a signifigant role in this.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Nobody

Now, the question I am asking is why Mab is so worried about the balance of power on Furrae? That's the real question here.

To answer that question in a way that makes Mab appear much less callous, it could simply be that she's concerned about her Being frineds.  It's been established that Beings are pretty much on the bottem of the food chain in Furrae, so somehting that shifts the balance of power would put them on a level that's, at the very least, on par with creatures.  As to way a Fae would actually concern themselves with mortal affairs, or even care about Furrae's dimension, I think it may have something to do with the fact that she left the Fae realm when Nutmeg made that law about tail fluffiness.  Since she basically grew up with a bunch of Beings, she might identify more closely with their problems than with the problems of other Creatures.

Admittedly, this is an idealized theory; and I'm pretty sure that someone will point out that the life of a Being is little more than a blink of a Fae eye.  But it is an opposing viewpoint nonetheless.

Timothy

So Jyrras is "The One" ...  >:3

*giggles manically while a 3D dolby surround sound movie of The Matrix with Jyrras as Neo plays out in his head*

We need guns ... and robo gryphons ... lots of robo gryphons ... and cookies.  :mwaha
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Madmann135

Friends don't let friends become zombies ...but how about cubi?
From what I understand there are a few clans of Cubi out there that expand by upgrading beings into cubi.
Though considering his limited choices and his closeness with two members of Cyra... joining Cyra clan could be a bad idea.  In addition, knowing Jyrras the non up to par cubi power level would not be an issue with him but living for thousands of years could mean serious technological advancements and lets not forget being a cubi-thrall would mean he could access more magic and possibly more techno-magic.  He could be the first TechnoMage.
Oh and if he went to SAIA I can only imagine the look on Aaryanna's face.

Now With that out of the way...
Power shifts and fluctuates, it never stays the same.  I like how Mab is trying to get the imbalance of power to level out and bring everyone to similar levels.

Quote from: Timothy on August 10, 2009, 07:07:13 AM
So Jyrras is "The One" ...  >:3

*giggles manically while a 3D dolby surround sound movie of The Matrix with Jyrras as Neo plays out in his head*

We need guns ... and robo gryphons ... lots of robo gryphons ... and cookies.  :mwaha

you forgot Robo gryphons with cookie shooting guns

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Nobody on August 10, 2009, 06:36:33 AM
Since she basically grew up with a bunch of Beings, she might identify more closely with their problems than with the problems of other Creatures.

Grew up with?

She's been exiled for the last thousand years at most. Her age is listed as "Unknown", but I would peg it somewhere in the multiple hundreds of thousands mark, if not more. After all, she was adult and Queen Fae prior to Nutmeg, so she is, at a very bare minimum, over 2k years old...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 10, 2009, 07:20:38 AM
Grew up with?
She's been exiled for the last thousand years at most. Her age is listed as "Unknown", but I would peg it somewhere in the multiple hundreds of thousands mark, if not more. After all, she was adult and Queen Fae prior to Nutmeg, so she is, at a very bare minimum, over 2k years old...

This is true.  However, going by strip 558 she seems to have adopted a younger persona in order to grow up with Dan and/or Jyrras, even if it was a 'second childhood' for her (or hundredth childhood, come to that).

As for the revolution, the whole idea offers fascinating possibilities.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nobody

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 10, 2009, 07:20:38 AM
Quote from: Nobody on August 10, 2009, 06:36:33 AM
Since she basically grew up with a bunch of Beings, she might identify more closely with their problems than with the problems of other Creatures.

Grew up with?

Okay? Not to be rude to you, but that theory doesn't seem to change much of what I said.  If she had spent the last thousand some odd years living among Beings, then she would be more sympathetic to them than other creatures.  Again, I admit that I'm being an idealist with this theory, but I'm just saying that it MIGHT be a possiblity.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Nobody on August 10, 2009, 07:38:11 AM
Okay? Not to be rude to you, but that theory doesn't seem to change much of what I said.  If she had spent the last thousand some odd years living among Beings, then she would be more sympathetic to them than other creatures.  Again, I admit that I'm being an idealist with this theory, but I'm just saying that it MIGHT be a possiblity.

"spent the last thousand years living with" is not the same thing as "grew up with", not by a long shot. If she's 2000 years old, the last thousand years is about equivalent to the last ten years for you - a fair while, you'll admit. If she's 20,000, it's about the same as the last year. If she's 200,000, then you're looking more along the lines of about 5 weeks. I dunno about you, but to me, 5 weeks is enough to keep me interested, but nothing like a long time.

This is, of course, all theoretical, since we don't know how Mab sees time.

Also, you'll note that I stripped your comment down to just the bit I was responding to. If you'd like me to be more specific, I can: she might be interested in her Being friends, but Albanion refers to them as her pets, which implies a slightly different relationship; Rose seemed to enjoy messing with them; and Mab herself appears to have a number of plans we don't know about yet. The reasons she might have for her motivations are legion; we simply don't know.

And it doesn't explain why she'd want to rearrange the whole of Being/Creature society, all millions of sentients, for her four to ten friends.

Nobody

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 10, 2009, 07:52:25 AM
"spent the last thousand years living with" is not the same thing as "grew up with", not by a long shot. If she's 2000 years old, the last thousand years is about equivalent to the last ten years for you - a fair while, you'll admit. If she's 20,000, it's about the same as the last year. If she's 200,000, then you're looking more along the lines of about 5 weeks. I dunno about you, but to me, 5 weeks is enough to keep me interested, but nothing like a long time.

This is, of course, all theoretical, since we don't know how Mab sees time.

This, I can give you.  Depending on how old Mab is, her time away from the Fae kingdom may or may not have affected her thought process regarding them.  But, as you stated, it's all theoretical since her age is unrevealed.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 10, 2009, 07:52:25 AMShe might be interested in her Being friends, but Albanion refers to them as her pets, which implies a slightly different relationship; Rose seemed to enjoy messing with them; and Mab herself appears to have a number of plans we don't know about yet. The reasons she might have for her motivations are legion; we simply don't know.

Yeah, the Fae-in general-seem to have a rather lax attitude toward Beings and other mortals; however, taking Albanion's word at face value seems like a bit of a mistake.  He has even been described as a 'nutter' by another Fae; which, given their general personality, must make him pretty bad.  Also, I am aware that Mab is in the middle of several plans at the moment; but it has been stated that this revolution will affect the balance of power on Furrae, something that she seems to want for whatever reason.  But, again, this is just my take on the theory.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 10, 2009, 07:52:25 AMAnd it doesn't explain why she'd want to rearrange the whole of Being/Creature society, all millions of sentients, for her four to ten friends.

Now, this last point is a bit of an issue if taken as her current friends are the only Being friends she has/has had; however, as you have said, she has been exiled from the Fae realm for the past thousand years.  Now, Beings have very short lifespans when compared to Creatures, so Mab could have had quite a large number of friends that had to deal with being on the bottem of the food chain in Furrae.  If that's the case, then she would be rather sympathetic to the plight of Beings in general.

Okay, that's my peace regarding this theory.  Thanks for listening.

Mao

Might want to note that Dan isn't a being, he's a creature.  He's listed as one of Mab's friends.  Pyroduck.. not a being.  Also Mabs friend.  Now Abel I'm not sure is listed as Mab's friend yet, but despite appearances I'd call him Dan's friend so it's quite likely that Mab would be quite alright with him.  Lets toss on that Fa'lina called Mab an old/new friend back in the SAIA arc too.

Mix all that together and I fail to see why she'd harbor any bias towards beings at all.  I think the most she'd want to see would be a balancing between the two so that there might be some measure of safety and security for all of her friends.  Either that or some great big cosmic joke that ends with the most meek of the lot of them ending up ruling because it would be damn funny.

Tapewolf

I think that aside from Jyrras (and possibly Wildy) Mab has counted Merlitz and Alexsi among her friends.
Whether she knew Dan was an incubus is a tricky issue - judging from 308, she seems to have treated him like a Being up to that point ("You now have hundreds of years to come to terms with the change!").Of course, that would probably be intentional (Mab pretending she doesn't know) to avoid freaking him out.

Noone

Quote from: Mao Laoren on August 10, 2009, 08:43:28 AM
Might want to note that Dan isn't a being, he's a creature.  He's listed as one of Mab's friends.  Pyroduck.. not a being.  Also Mabs friend.  Now Abel I'm not sure is listed as Mab's friend yet, but despite appearances I'd call him Dan's friend so it's quite likely that Mab would be quite alright with him.  Lets toss on that Fa'lina called Mab an old/new friend back in the SAIA arc too.

Mix all that together and I fail to see why she'd harbor any bias towards beings at all.  I think the most she'd want to see would be a balancing between the two so that there might be some measure of safety and security for all of her friends.  Either that or some great big cosmic joke that ends with the most meek of the lot of them ending up ruling because it would be damn funny.
I'm not exactly sure, remember what Pip says here:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_847.php

In a way, maybe Mab is setting up some kind of situation where she 'betrays' Dan, if only to see his reaction. From what I gather, I think that's something a Fae would do. I kind of think she wants to spark a violent 'war' between beings and creatures, and likely set something up where a large being regime essentially takes over the world(and I'd imagine something like that would be bad for everyone...). Of course, a lot of that is idle speculation... but still...

Though another thing bugs me about the Creature Council, they don't seem to be a very cohesive force. If they can't even agree on the lighting, they probably don't have very much realistic sway over their members, and there's also the factor of 'large powerful egos' to consider. I'm wondering why one branch, or several haven't just tried sending assassins after Jyrras without the council's permission, if they're so worried about him. The worst repercussions I could see happening on a political front is some finger waggling, but no long-term consequences, after all it would likely be another case of 'just one being dead, who cares'? If I understand them correctly.

Corgatha Taldorthar

The hopeful expression on Mab's face I find, not quite disturbing, but a little unexpected perhaps. It didn't occur to me to be something she'd wear on her face, probably because of the fae nigh omnipotence.

And the setting keeps changing during the conversation, but I'm wondering, are they teleporting around, maybe altering the landscape to suit their whimsy? Because a third option occurred to me, If you remember the conversation between Rose and Mab in 832-833, they refer to beings, but I think by extension all non-fae as "linears". If it's a term of distinction, it means that it doesn't apply to Fae, and I'm wondering exactly *when* this conversation occurs.

Not that the answer is likely to mean anything anyway, but I dislike knowing.
Quote from: Jairus on August 10, 2009, 02:35:06 AM

Because it's a game.
That may be the single most frightening and interesting possibility possible. An all-powerful almost completely alien entity playing with the politics of an entire world and manipulating her friends to achieve an end she could do with a snap of her fingers simply because it's a game.

I wonder, has anyone (especially Amber, for writing it this way) ever read a short story "Spell my name with an S"? Because it's bringing to mind an awful number of comparisons between the two.

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Jairus on August 10, 2009, 02:35:06 AM

Because it's a game.

Quick!  Someone call the Gaming Guardians for this atrocious violation of the continuity of Jyrras's home system! XD

Icon by Sunblink

foxxfurry

Just a thought, anybody out there want to do a fan art with  Jyrras as undead? :mowhappy

Turnsky

oooh oooh! i know!

Mab could hide Jyrras at SAIA... as a Garden Gnome  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 10, 2009, 04:07:23 AM
You wouldn't be fluffy, though.

This strip begs to differ on that point.

EDIT: Also, I think this strip implies that being undead also means that you feel no pain.  Does that mean being undead is also like being permanently high on PCP?

Icon by Sunblink

Wanderer

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 10, 2009, 09:41:52 AM
And the setting keeps changing during the conversation, but I'm wondering, are they teleporting around, maybe altering the landscape to suit their whimsy? Because a third option occurred to me, If you remember the conversation between Rose and Mab in 832-833, they refer to beings, but I think by extension all non-fae as "linears". If it's a term of distinction, it means that it doesn't apply to Fae, and I'm wondering exactly *when* this conversation occurs.
They're in the Fae lands. Fae lands are chaotic. Seriously, check out the backgrounds in this whole storyline.

Alondro

*Charline volunteers to do the killing part!*   :3

*Charles notes*  But there wouldn't be anything left to become a zombie.

*Charline feh*  A minor technicality.  Quit nit-picking.   >:[
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

LionHeart

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 10, 2009, 09:41:52 AM
I wonder, has anyone (especially Amber, for writing it this way) ever read a short story "Spell my name with an S"? Because it's bringing to mind an awful number of comparisons between the two.

I've read it. I do see a parallel in this storyline: Mab wanting to bring about a fairly large change by making a fairly small change in a small number of lives, limiting her own direct intervention to the minimum necessary to bring it about.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

MT Hazard

Who wants to the first to come up with a Mab/ Jyrras REVOLUTION! poster, there's a prize in if for you.      :mowcookie  
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 10, 2009, 12:13:27 PM
Who wants to the first to come up with a Mab/ Jyrras REVOLUTION! poster, there's a prize in if for you.      :mowcookie  
Turnsky's good at doing those...

Lucheek

I agree...I wonder why Mab cares about the balance of power. Though from what all we know about Fae, "because its a game" seems most resonable but it seems kind of mean and not-nice for something Mab to do