Album: The Mythical Creatures Exhibition

Started by Tapewolf, June 24, 2007, 04:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

I'm not quite sure what you mean about 'horrible' flash players, because whatever it is, it works perfectly for me. Speaking of which, since their recent rediesign, the audio portal has gotten alot of attention, particularly the music player. I'm not sure, but you might need to have your audio files saved in a specific format before uploading.

And when you say 'opressive', you you mean the old layout or the brand new layout?

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 26, 2007, 02:39:15 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean about 'horrible' flash players, because whatever it is, it works perfectly for me.
I've never had much luck with those.  Sometimes they simply take the browser down.  I'm not a big fan of streaming I must confess.  If I like it, I want to be able to save it to disk for offline viewing.  And I want other people to be able to do that to mine.

QuoteSpeaking of which, since their recent rediesign, the audio portal has gotten alot of attention, particularly the music player. I'm not sure, but you might need to have your audio files saved in a specific format before uploading.
No big deal.  LastFM wanted them in CBR format, Jamendo wanted uncompressed FLAC :P
If they want it in DRM'd WMA format they can get bent, though...

QuoteAnd when you say 'oppressive', you you mean the old layout or the brand new layout?
Presumably the old one.  I haven't been there for a while now.  As I say, I can't put my finger on why but I just didn't like it for some reason.

Anyway, the whole lot is available through Jamendo now.  I should really make the link more obvious, mind.  I think that's using a flash player too, but it did work (mostly) and you can download the whole thing from BitTorrent as well.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

The flashplayer at Newgrounds has always had the option of directly downloading music if you want to do just that instead of stream and listen. But they have gone through a major overhaul, you might want to try the new layout. In act, I just posted a link in the 'what are you listening to?' thread that goes to a very good song on newgrounds. See if it works any better for you.

Tapewolf

There's a problem that makes it rather impractical - they have a 4MB limit, and I haven't found anything yet that's longer than two minutes.  Dragonsong is twenty-seven minutes and most of the better stuff is at least five.  Sacred Jaguar is one that I'd like to see used in a flash video, but being 13 minutes long it's not going to be done on that site without major compromises to the audio quality.
The second album has precisely one song that would fit, and it's a filler track  >:3

Thanks for the suggestion, though...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

I've seen several songs longer than two minutes... that and the flash vids and games have a 5 somthin-byte limit on them. I remember reading somewhere that they explicitly tell you to compress, compress, compress all your audio, because thay hate audio files that aren't properly compressed because they're too big. I think (probably not though) that they either have specific instructions or a downloadable program to compress stuff for you with minimal audio quality downgrading.

And your "beings and creatures" song is only somehwre in the ballpark of three-four minutes, correct? I think I have seen several songs on the audio portal that are more than four. I don't know what they've got, but they've got something that works.