Re: Sketchbook of 'Saw [Updated Oct 10, 2007]

Started by Jigsaw Forte, October 10, 2007, 11:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 03, 2007, 05:01:22 PM
As a way to shamelessly trick you into returning here more often celebrate the new forums, I'm going to start posting some of my sketches in this thread. Hopefully I'll find someplace a little more permanent to host all of them, but as far as drumming up activity goes, this'll do for now.

A few things worth noting:

• Most if not all of these sketches are done in ink; Pencils do not endure well in note-taking conditions, nor do they show up nicely on scanners. As a result, the sketches are not clean-looking pencil works, but fairly rough stuff. I'll do what I can to clean things up after the fact.
  • I'll try to keep the file and image sizes down to reasonable levels so the page doesn't creak under its own weight.
  • If you're nice, I may even explain a few of the sketches. Spoilers are possible, because at least a few of these images will likely end up in the comic pages, but anything too far off I don't mind explaining.

Today's Sketch: One of the Cyber Doll prototypes. I'm still messing with the principle, as I'm still not fully happy with the "Mech-Mates" that I trotted out in my recent convention pamphlets (I think I want to change the name, among other details); but part of that is coming up with a series of variations to flesh out the machine-species.

This is an example of how the bodies of the dolls vary based on the bodies of their owners; I was aiming to make this one for Cypress, hence the added tail-nubbin. The Fairy Wings in this one are more for effect than anything else (though in a colored version they'd have a fiberoptic glow to them).

xHaZxMaTx

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think Jig keeps hitting Quote instead of Modify.

And not realising until she finishes posting ;-]

(just a guess, mind)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 11, 2007, 04:07:41 AM
I think Jig keeps hitting Quote instead of Modify.

And not realising until she finishes posting ;-]

(just a guess, mind)

The good news is you win the cupie doll.

The bad news is it doesn't matter.  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 11, 2007, 12:42:26 PM
The good news is you win the cupie doll.

The bad news is it doesn't matter.  :P

... wait until I see where you're going to shove it? ;-]

Jim Halisstrad

Darkmoon

I was, until I realized there weren't any boobs in it.

Just like most of the threads on this forum.

Weak.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

xHaZxMaTx

You could put boobs in it, if you think that would help.

llearch n'n'daCorna

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?