Not sure how this will be taken... (Topic is on Fursuits)

Started by fesworks, December 11, 2006, 08:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

But I was curious to know if anyone here uses fursuits, and as to where you get them?

Aridas

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 11, 2006, 08:46:38 PMAll I know about fursuits is that they're expensive. :<

Well, I wouldn't know a fursuit from a hole in the ground, but I do remember my mother sewing a bunny costume (I think) for one of my siblings for Halloween lo these many years ago.  If you can get a copy of a pattern, you can get the fabric from your local crafts store, and probably resize it to fit you.  Shouldn't be more than $50, depending on the fabric and how elaborate you want to make it.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

it depends on the quality of the work too... and who you're going to... and if you're looking for something specific...

Zedd

Zorro

http://www.fursuit.org/

Two basic methods.

#1 build it yourself.

#2 pay a big pile of money for a good one.

Or the other option.

#3 pay a few hundred dollars for a suck one.

fesworks

Wow, a better responce than I thought!

Yea, I think I'd suck too much to make a full suit on my own... well, with the amount of clothing I'd be wearing with it, I may be able to make the body.. but the head I would totally have to buy... though I doubt people do that seperatly?

anyway, thanks loads! I'll check out those sites!

-Fes

fesworks

wow, nice sites!

yea, I was totally figuring around $1,000... but looks like a Partial suit is what I'm looking at since I'd wear clothes.

Definetly will have to save up a bit :P

Alan Garou

Fursuits... They're cool, but they're infuriatingly cute. I mean, when's the last time you saw one that was actually scary? Somebody please show me one, because I'm drowning in the cute.  :tired

xHaZxMaTx

That's actually a very good question.  I Googled 'scary fursuit' and got only 5 results, none of which were scary. :|

fesworks

I'm sure if you googled "werewolf suit" or costume you'd find it... a werefolf would still technically be a furry... wouldn't it?

Also, I think this guy was pretty scared:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCrDgm_H678

xHaZxMaTx

Blazehawk

There was a wicked looking manticore fursuit at MFF...I think the picture Jouster got of it is in the MFF thread he made.

I want one, but if I got one I would want it to be kinda realistic looking...and I would probably go with a partial just because I wanna show off my figure by wearing a tight dress or something.    :3

Zedd

fesworks

Quote from: Seraline on December 14, 2006, 09:42:34 PM
There was a wicked looking manticore fursuit at MFF...I think the picture Jouster got of it is in the MFF thread he made.

I want one, but if I got one I would want it to be kinda realistic looking...and I would probably go with a partial just because I wanna show off my figure by wearing a tight dress or something.    :3

I was thinking about that with a partial.. I mean, you don't want the the clothes too snug and the fur too... furry... otherwise it would look like the clothes are suffocating you... or that its obvious that its a partial :P Either baggy clothes and/or adding extra layers or your own fur-body portion (could be crapily done since it would be hidden.)

But I have no idea.. I'm just guessing.

Tiger_T

Quote from: fesworks on December 14, 2006, 06:14:51 PM
I'm sure if you googled "werewolf suit" or costume you'd find it... a werefolf would still technically be a furry... wouldn't it?

Also, I think this guy was pretty scared:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCrDgm_H678
Trigger Happy TV is plain evil. >:3 :rolleyes
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

GabrielsThoughts

well, since I live in Las Vegas, where the close to 130 degree summer heat will  " kill" anyone who wears a fursuit if the redneck living in the desert doesn't  first.   I've only heard second hand rumors of your body heat increasing the temperature of a bodysuit 130% so you'd be better off not wearing one at all. I suggest you go to your local "Micheal's" retailer and pick up a canine or feline mask. You could also hire a professional body painter to let you roam the street naked, I've seen at least one woman do this, and they showed something simmilar on Ripley's. I don't think guys could get away with it  without a loin cloth or something.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The question is...

.. is the naked body one that people turn to look at, or one they turn away from to throw up?

I've found the people who want to go naked tend to be from the latter, whereas the people you'd like to see go naked tend to prefer to remain clothed...

.... oddly disappointing, that...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Well, I played a tortoise for a little play we did in primary school and I made myself a shell out of fine cardboard. I don't know if that counts as a fur suit. And before that, I went to a costume party wearing butterfly wings when I was 6, and I played a pigeon at 2 kindergarden acts when I was 3 and 5. In all those cases I wore wings my mother made for me. I've never worn anything remotely close to the fur suits I saw at AC, though.

I also played water and a table when I was in school. Those were funny costumes too. The table was easy, all I had to do was put a table cloth on my back.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Zedd

The only thing next to dress as an animal in life of me..Was the cow in jack in the beanstalk....One Line...Enter cow...And say..Moo...

fesworks

Quote from: Zedd on December 17, 2006, 07:22:53 PM
The only thing next to dress as an animal in life of me..Was the cow in jack in the beanstalk....One Line...Enter cow...And say..Moo...

As long as you delivered the line with heart ;)

speaking of school plays, I was "Old Blue" in "Where the Red Fern Grows"... it was a terrible costume, expecially compared to the main kid's dogs' costumes... oh well.. I was also Bully #2 and sound effects (with my mouth). :P

Zedd

Did mention they used the yellow sticky tape on my fuzzy head and paper cups and color paper...Oh yeah...Real cow action

fesworks

Quote from: Zedd on December 18, 2006, 04:10:50 AM
Did mention they used the yellow sticky tape on my fuzzy head and paper cups and color paper...Oh yeah...Real cow action

Like I said, as long as you deliver... with heart ;)

EDIT: By the way, does anyone have any other suggestions of people that can make suits? I got the two links above, plus the resource site, but I was wondering if anyone else can recommend creators, specifically.

Zedd

GabrielsThoughts

you might want to avoid costumes provided for mall employees, I remember one year this guy's bunny suit smelled like rotten eggs and popcorn...bleagh.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Brunhidden

ideological debate- fur suits made out of actual fur. loving the animal enough to dress like it yet wanting to skin them.

QuoteSave a tree, wipe your butt with an owl
[/glow]
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on December 26, 2006, 12:42:11 AMideological debate- fur suits made out of actual fur. loving the animal enough to dress like it yet wanting to skin them.

Uh, why don't we debate something less prone to extreme opinions, like the Iraq War?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on December 26, 2006, 12:42:11 AMideological debate- fur suits made out of actual fur. loving the animal enough to dress like it yet wanting to skin them.
As long as the animal didn't die for its fur I don't see a problem.  There's a shop in Ambleside on the shores of Lake Windermere which sells stuffed animals, and (they claim) the animals all died of natural causes.

(Remembers the Gronks from 'Strontium Dog' in 2000AD, who believed that if they were skinned and turned into clothes when they died, that part of them would live on).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

xHaZxMaTx