Going Squirrely

Started by TheGreyRonin, December 11, 2006, 02:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreyRonin

Saw this article and RJ was the first person that came to mind, along with the other squirrely folks around here.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061211/ap_on_re_us/city_squirrels

ITOS

Depressing article... there is an 80% chance that RJ (or any other squirrel here) will die in a car accident. :mowsad
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Aridas

But RJ's got muffins, and the other squirrels have... other stuff, to fend off cars and things.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ITOS on December 11, 2006, 02:59:36 PM
Depressing article... there is an 80% chance that RJ (or any other squirrel here) will die in a car accident. :mowsad

... only if she's been tagged with a radio collar...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

"Look look I found my nuts"

Oddly I've discovered the perfect way to keep squirrels out of the bird feeders.

You stretch a rope between two trees
you then compleatly thread the rope threw plastic rollers ( I used the platic cores from the rolls of recipte paper from work)
You have to make sure the rope is fairly taunt but you then hang your feeders in the middle.  Making dure the feeders are far enough from any trees that squirrels can't get at them from there.

basicly this way the squirrels can't keep there balance on the rollers so they can't get to the feeders

RJ

Darn you, Mr Scientist! Did you REALLY have to do all that just to prove that I have no road sense!?

*chases an acorn into the path of an incoming semi-trailer*

Zedd

Say RJ wanna bring some revange? Hm? Ya wanan join Jame and Mikia?

RJ

Quote from: Zedd on December 11, 2006, 11:59:34 PM

As long as we don't agree to meet on a highway again...  :B That last time was a close one.

Zedd

Quote from: RJ on December 12, 2006, 12:38:35 AM

As long as we don't agree to meet on a highway again...  :B That last time was a close one.

Belive me...Were going to experment on their children  :veryevil

Shadrok

Quote from: thegayhare on December 11, 2006, 03:52:00 PM
"Look look I found my nuts"

Oddly I've discovered the perfect way to keep squirrels out of the bird feeders.

You stretch a rope between two trees
you then compleatly thread the rope threw plastic rollers ( I used the platic cores from the rolls of recipte paper from work)
You have to make sure the rope is fairly taunt but you then hang your feeders in the middle.  Making dure the feeders are far enough from any trees that squirrels can't get at them from there.

basicly this way the squirrels can't keep there balance on the rollers so they can't get to the feeders

I think I saw something like that on Funniest Animal videos once and the squirrel did make it to the feeder.

DMFA squirrels + car = :rj  :wizice :wizlit :wizshine                 

:mwaha Squirrelly wrath.

Miaka

I will never be the same.... *shudder*

KarlOmega1

*carries the squirrels to a safe place to meet*

Remember, Stay outta the streets...  :mowtongue  :mowhappy
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zedd

Quote from: Miaka on December 13, 2006, 06:26:59 PM

I will never be the same.... *shudder*

There there...Have a sammich

Valynth

My parents have some pecan trees in our yard that they occasionally harvest.  Naturally this means we're at a declared war with the local squirrel population.  Our main weapon of choice is the standard cage trap, squirrel goes in for the bait nut, hits the lever and the door comes down.  We then transport the squirrel a good distance and over a river and release it.  We also have placed defenses on our trees typically called "squirrel baffles."  These ingenious devices are created by taking a smooth surface of some sort and attaching the top to the tree while spreading out the bottom to create a cone, the squirrels climbing up see the baffle and  circle endlessly, unable to find a way around or get a foothold on it.  These devices, however, can easily be thwarted by a nearby un-baffled tree.

The squirrels have also been retaliating, though our intelligence suggest this is an outside group, a squirrel perpatrated the attempted assassination of my mother as she took her daily walk.  Apparently a rotted piece of tree was place over her walking path where the squirrel would walk out on the piece and fall where the bit of tree would hit my mother and look like an accident.  Fortunately, the squirrels have a bad sense of timing and the tree went off moments after my mother was outside the striking range.

The retaliation will be swift and brutal....But not lethal or torturous.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears