Family problems.

Started by Jim Halisstrad, November 07, 2006, 02:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Halisstrad

I know I have only been here about a month, but I hate dissapearing and not giving a reason.
My Grandfather is in the hospital and things aren't looking good.  It's probably not fatal, but it's not much better.  He has Alzheimer's, and I am his primary caregiver.  I don't want to really talk about it, but it looks like he might not becoming back home this time  (Ie, nursing home).  The third of Augest his wife died of bone cancer, and his dementia has spiraled downwards ever since.  Well, sunday he was complaining of chest pain and he was shaking really, really bad.  It took me and another friend to load him up into the car and drive him to the hospital.

He was just in the hospital a week before for dizziness and trouble walking.  The doctors thought a change in medicine would fix the problem, but it didn't obviously.

Anyway, if it turns out that he needs professional assistance then I have no reason to live in this house anymore and will be moving out.  The original plan was for me to watch him during the day, and take evening classes at the local community collage.  I'll still be doing the later next year when school starts.

So.... If I just up and dissapear for a while thats why.  But I'll be back >:3

Zedd

Good luck and best wishes to your grandfather now

llearch n'n'daCorna

We'll be waiting for you.

Best of luck. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

King Of Hearts

I think its all more the reason to relish whatever time you may have left with your grandfather.

I pray Good fortune to you both.

Damaris

Good luck.  I wish your family only the best during this difficult time.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

TheGreyRonin

I offer good wishes and prayers for you and your family.

Toric

Wow, you have my sympathies, dude. My grandfather had Alzheimer's too back during his last few years. I wish you, your grandfather, and your family the best.

This post needs a little cheer. Gimme a hand, super-ferret.  :ferret "Dook!"
Yap by Silver.

Tapewolf

Oh dear, oh dear.  That's how my grandmother went out.  It wasn't fun to watch her deteriorate, I can tell you that.  The only silver lining was that it made the end easier to come to terms with when it finally came.

Perhaps this isn't what you want to hear, but believe me, I have a fairly good idea of what you're going through.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Netami

Yep, worst way for anyone to go in my opinion. But remember, euthanasia is 10-15 years in the slammer.

Jim Halisstrad

Thanks for the well wishes and various comments.  We had to stick him in a nursing home slash rehabilitation center for twenty days.  After which, me and my mother will make the final decision on what to do with him.

Vidar

Good luck with that. Sounds like it will be a difficult time for you, your grandfather, and the rest of your family.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</