2019-02-22 [DMFA #1905] - You only call when you need something

Started by Tapewolf, February 22, 2019, 06:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

To be fair to Dan, he only learned she even existed a few weeks ago.  That's not going to form a bond the same as Aary's, who IIRC was brought up in a 'Cubi society rather than being hidden and left in the dark for his own safety.

I'm curious about the logistics of contacting her, though.  SAIA is sufficiently isolated that Taun members (Jerry, Illie) can't contact her directly, so either Dan has to leave the Academy in order to find out whether it's actually safe to leave, or he's going to have to send a warp-aci.  But if he can send a warp-aci message to Cyra, surely Hizell could send her a bomb.

Maybe the solution is to leave for a few minutes like Illiath did when requesting permission to enter Taun's domain, but she had a safe-house.  The closest Dan has is Lost Lake, which is now the exact opposite of safe.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Well, if Fa'lina has complete control over the pocket dimension the school resides in perhaps she could allow Dan to contact her, a  firewall exception so to speak. We don't know if Fa'lina and Cyra have talked recently, it might be good for them.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Kazy

I don't really get why Dan says it's been a long time. Sure it's been like 10 years in realtime, but it's been what, a month at most in-comic time?

Puyon

Destania was able to contact Cyra presumably from within the academy to ask her to protect Aniz from Hizell. I say presumably since well... it would have been stupidly dangerous for Dee to leave the academy at the time and I don't think she really ever left the academy between the start of her uh... custody there and her recent departure.

Edit:: Cyra did also say anything under a decade counted as "soon" for her. Dan's not used to this millenia old grandma thing.
...By Puyon

AzureEdge

Quote from: Puyon on February 22, 2019, 04:22:22 PM

Edit:: Cyra did also say anything under a decade counted as "soon" for her. Dan's not used to this millenia old grandma thing.

Which means that Dan SHOULD be fine on that regard, as Aaryanna isn't taking into account that her grandmother is likely thousands of years younger than Dan's and doesn't have the perk of near immortality to wait around as long as needed for any kind of contact from family, what with the average Cubi life span only being 1000 years.

Tuyu

Quote from: Kazy on February 22, 2019, 02:36:35 PM
I don't really get why Dan says it's been a long time. Sure it's been like 10 years in realtime, but it's been what, a month at most in-comic time?
A bit more, but not a lot. How long was Abel at Lost Lake before Dan left? Abel told him how to make contact shortly after he arrived.

Akisohida

Amber, you always amaze with the way you go from detailed faces into chibi & comedic like expressions, which still fit the overall feel of the world, for a good punchline. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.