Merlin

The previous story reference you're looking for is here, I believe >:3

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Merlin on February 20, 2015, 03:00:21 AM
The previous story reference you're looking for is here, I believe >:3

Suspected as much. Thanks for looking up the exact page for me. :P

LoneHowler

That's what I suspected. Thanks for finding it
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

VAE

Can I just say Aliph with reading glasses looks strangely adorable?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Yeah, that was my guess as well, though I'd forgotten the rabbit.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

HaDDea

So... Aliph takes down an outpost, possibly gets in Zivnth's good graces by making the land they want easier/cheaper to acquire, possibly gets his "usurping" cousin(s) killed (satisfying his desire for revenge), and gets subjects to research Undeath on. Very neat.

And Devin is a part of the early research - I suppose to understand how the Undead work, you have to make a few yourself.

Hm... so somehow, the reanimation "template" Aliph eventually came up with somehow managed to reactivate those who were dead with personalities and memories largely intact, while creating a blank template in those already reanimated. interesting.

Amber Williams

Just a heads up in that Aliph's cousins are still alive.  After all, who else do you think Regina's parents are? :U

Scow2

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 20, 2015, 01:23:57 PM
Just a heads up in that Aliph's cousins are still alive.  After all, who else do you think Regina's parents are? :U
... I always thought Dark Pegasus was her father.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Scow2 on February 20, 2015, 02:23:14 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on February 20, 2015, 01:23:57 PM
... I always thought Dark Pegasus was her father.

I will never get tired of drawing stupid post it note reactions.

Gabi

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 20, 2015, 02:43:54 PM
Sounds like good news to me. :)
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Merlin

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 20, 2015, 02:43:54 PM

Ahaha, I love that 'nurr' like he's too disgusted to respond proper. Oh DP.

Form_Goblin

just speculation here, but given that within the scene we saw that Kria wasn't told to reanimate Devin, it seems more of personal regret on her part for being involved.  The person she was talking to also commented that there was nothing left for them there, implying collecting corpses wasn't the objective.

That makes me wonder if it wasn't a scenario concocted by DP, and just something he happened to tag along for.  Y'know, for the science and all.

Edit: Also Amber, that reaction image with DP is hilarious XD

Tuyu

Thing is, with this new perspective, the conversation between Kria and the unseen speaker could've been with Aliph. The dialogue and Kria's attitude would fit. The only question would be why he was referring to it as a "lesson".  Maybe Aliph had a habit of couching to everything in academic terms back then.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tuyu on February 23, 2015, 12:18:38 PM
Thing is, with this new perspective, the conversation between Kria and the unseen speaker could've been with Aliph. The dialogue and Kria's attitude would fit. The only question would be why he was referring to it as a "lesson".  Maybe Aliph had a habit of couching to everything in academic terms back then.

The question is, who was the lesson for?

Also, I note that in this page and the following one, there is that little red wagon again. And "Nothing left here" kinda makes me wonder about what Kria was thinking, there. And whoever was speaking was wrong - there was still corpses left.

Also, having re-read that, there's a lot that Abel could say about that last few moments, isn't there? Possibly even his last thoughts? heh. So much fodder, there. So very much.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears