2014/11/03 [EP 03-02] - Do I really need to spell this out for you?

Started by Eboreg, November 03, 2014, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Demons: Individually more powerful than 'Cubi
Were: Capable of going toe-to-toe with a Fae and hiding as a normal Joe
Being: Hoo boy where do I start?

This story takes place 100-200 years after Beings have developed and mass produced weapons that can:
Shred your heart from 800 m away (Sniper Rifles)
Wipe out an entire battle column (Machine Guns)
Be hidden anywhere on the person and still open several holes in your body in a matter of seconds (Handguns)
Blow your head clean off at close range (Shotguns)

Not to mention that these weapons do not take a terribly steep learning curve to operate. It is possible to teach 10-year-olds to operate an AK-47 and it has been done. Carlos Hathcock, Vasily Zaitsev, and Simo Hayha, arguably the three best snipers in history, all got their skills from a hobby or job in hunting that started when they were in their early teens. There is one occasion of a guy who went to a high profile handgun shooting competition with no experience outside of Airsoft and managed to outshoot almost the entire competition including some greats in the sport.

So Beings have a large amount of firepower at their hands and the advantages of numbers and group mentality. Pissing them off through things like murder, rape, and soul-eating is a sure-fire way to bring hundreds of bounty hunters with these weapons looking for you. Just think about it for a second Richard.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Eboreg on November 03, 2014, 01:53:32 PM
So Beings have a large amount of firepower at their hands and the advantages of numbers and group mentality. Pissing them off through things like murder, rape, and soul-eating is a sure-fire way to bring hundreds of bounty hunters with these weapons looking for you. Just think about it for a second Richard.

If one of his fellow students doesn't get to him first. I mean, there's at least three adventurers in that class alone. Speaking of which, Ben sleeps through another class in 3, 2, 1...

Merlin