Previous topic - Next topic

Lying Foo

So who's surprised?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Buelller?  Bueller?

Darwin?  Darwin?

Haeckel?  Haeckel?

Izzard?  Izzard?

...so, yeah.

Not sure what else to say about this update, other than, I suppose we're nearing the end.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

joshofspam

Personally I like the contrast from what is talked about the outside world by Matilda's people and how it really looks.

All this fertile green land and the sun coming up with a promise of a new day and new possibilities on the horizon.

From empty desolate caves, to lush healthy wilderness. It beautifully drawn and well thought out.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Lying Foo on February 03, 2014, 03:39:47 AM
Not sure what else to say about this update, other than, I suppose we're nearing the end.
I'm not letting my guard down yet. Amber knows how to throw a mean curveball.

HoneyBadger

While I was waiting for the new page to download, I got butterflies in my stomach because I didn't know what to expect in the story.  But you are right, the change of scenery is absolutely well thought out and very dramatic.

HaDDea

Quote from: Lying Foo on February 03, 2014, 03:39:47 AM
So who's surprised?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Buelller?  Bueller?

Darwin?  Darwin?

Haeckel?  Haeckel?

Izzard?  Izzard?

...so, yeah.

Bueller? Bueller? ... Bueller?   :tumbleweed

Ahem.

So, Kissriss is exiled, and to a wonderful paradise... to us. But the first rains will hurt, any bodies of water she needs to cross will hurt and she doesn't have a clue about eating or any other orgnism out there. She also has yet to deal with the grief of having lost everyone and everything she loved and knew. it's going to be a rough first few days for our dear Matilda in paradise.

Lorien077

Quote from: joshofspam on February 03, 2014, 03:46:35 AM
Personally I like the contrast from what is talked about the outside world by Matilda's people and how it really looks.

All this fertile green land and the sun coming up with a promise of a new day and new possibilities on the horizon.

From empty desolate caves, to lush healthy wilderness. It beautifully drawn and well thought out.

Agreed and IMO all of this contrasts really well with Matilda's posture.  She's kind of minimizing her size here (arm and one leg wrapped around self and sitting) but you can read the curiosity too.  Figuring out how to survive is going to be really rough for her though, good thing she's a pretty tough lady.
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Tuyu

Quote from: joshofspam on February 03, 2014, 03:46:35 AM

Except that to Matilda, it's painfully bright, cold, wet, and an ugly green color that moves with the weird air currents, compared to warm, colorful, and cozy caverns... ;)

RobbieThe1st

That looks pretty cool, I have to say.
I'd love to see a high-res version of that panel. Because it could make a nice wallpaper.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

ArchTeryx

You know what it reminded me of?

Mononoke Hime.

(There's a scene on a cliff edge between the increasingly ill main character, Ashitaka, and the chief alpha of the Wolf Clan, Moro, which looks very very much like Matilda's.  Like Matilda, Ashitaka stood at a crossroads, and he, too, was sent brusquely into exile from the forest by Moro, told to leave at sunrise on pain of death.  The circumstances were...very very different, but the scene and mood were the same).

Alondro

Matilda looks upon the wide expanses of verdant, lush forest; with a bright sun gleaming over the horizon promising all manner of epic quests and adventure with strange beings and creatures she's never imagined.

"OH GOD THIS PLACE IS AWFUL!!"

:giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Attic Rat

If exile is a normal punishment for killing one's brother, there should be at least a few others like her in the world.
...Unless learning how to survive in the outside world is more difficult than expected.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Attic Rat on February 04, 2014, 02:09:32 PM
If exile is a normal punishment for killing one's brother, there should be at least a few others like her in the world.
...Unless learning how to survive in the outside world is more difficult than expected.

Learning to survive means learning to eat. You can bet there's almost nobody like her out there; what's out there is some of the males, who are going to be hyper-aggressive and massively built.

Totally different situation. And the chances of anyone helping one of them become civilised is remote at best - not least because chances are they'll kill whoever it was who was trying to help them...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Starcat5

Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Lying Foo

They do have a reputation, don't they?  No one leaving but an occasional murderer with no idea how to survive seems like a good way to get one...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tuyu

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 04, 2014, 05:19:44 PM

Learning to survive means learning to eat. You can bet there's almost nobody like her out there; what's out there is some of the males, who are going to be hyper-aggressive and massively built.

Totally different situation. And the chances of anyone helping one of them become civilised is remote at best - not least because chances are they'll kill whoever it was who was trying to help them...
Dan said he thought he'd fought Blue Volcano mythos, so they're around (males, I mean).

Yarott

Quote from: Starcat5 on February 04, 2014, 06:13:21 PM
"http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ma_04.php"

Am I the only one seeing this improper link?

You typed it wrong. It's "http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ma_004.php". Or are you talking about another kind of "improper" link?

Also, Amber! You should've made the Jazzy Jeff reference canon! It would've been...  :mwaha PERFECT!