CVRPG Improved

Started by Zen, August 12, 2013, 03:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

Wow! A lot of changes! The site looks really good now.

I just did not get the "Achievements" part... What you mean by that?

And since you updated the sprite archive could you upload the custom Jova map that you use? I was planning to make a guest comic.

Darkmoon

I can do that, yeah. I'll have Jova up in a couple.

If you go through the archives, from the beginning, and read through, you'll notice occasionally that, right above the commentaries, there will be little achievement images. It's just a fun, goofy thing, as if the comic series really was a series of video games. Thus, if you were "playing" them, you'd get achievements as the story went along.

Of course, since they're based on plot points and other important details, not every comic will have an achievement. I think they officially start with the 16th Intro comic, and go on from there.

EDIT: And posted. ;)
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Rabid Mollusk

I'm having a problem with the comic archives.

I'm not able to access the whole chapter and choose the episode I want! I only can choose the first episode of each chapter.

Is that how it is supposed to be? Let's say I want to see the episode #43 of chapter 2: The Vampire Princess, I will have to enter the episode #40 go trough  #41 #42 to see it?
-

Darkmoon

Currently, yes. We weren't certain how many people used the chapter index archives, and removing them from the site allowed the engine to render out pages faster. Since CVRPG is very story-based (and not a random one-a-day like some comics), it made sense to give readers access to the the chapters and let them nav back and forth at their leisure from there.

If there's a desire to have them back, I can talk to my web admin and restore them.

Rabid Mollusk

Quote from: Darkmoon on August 14, 2013, 02:42:59 PM
Currently, yes. We weren't certain how many people used the chapter index archives, and removing them from the site allowed the engine to render out pages faster. Since CVRPG is very story-based (and not a random one-a-day like some comics), it made sense to give readers access to the the chapters and let them nav back and forth at their leisure from there.

If there's a desire to have them back, I can talk to my web admin and restore them.

Well I think it is easier that way.

Since I don't have the time to check the comic everyday and it kind of is annoying to go "front to back".

Also, it makes impossible to do some stuff I like, for instance, sometimes I like to check on specific pages or when I want to continue re-reading where I stopped. 
-

Darkmoon

Well, remember, there is the Recent Updates page (http://www.cvrpg.com/page/updates) which tracks the last four weeks of updates for all the currently actives series. That might help solve most of the problems you've mentioned. Well, unless it's been more than a month since the last time you hit the site.

Rabid Mollusk

Quote from: Darkmoon on August 18, 2013, 10:55:02 AM
Well, remember, there is the Recent Updates page (http://www.cvrpg.com/page/updates) which tracks the last four weeks of updates for all the currently actives series. That might help solve most of the problems you've mentioned. Well, unless it's been more than a month since the last time you hit the site.

Oh... I guess that is true... Thanks.
-

Darkmoon

Fear not. I'll take your input into consideration. If there are further requests for it, I'll talk to my server tech. It's just, right now, the server runs faster if I don't have to have pre-rendered archive pages on the server.