2013/06/30 [Matilda #18] I can't decide

Started by killpurakat, June 30, 2013, 12:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Does Matilda's dad sound like Gandalf, Saruman, or Indy Jones' father?

And why do I have the sudden urge to sit at his feet for hours as he tells stories from long ago?

joshofspam

Quote from: killpurakat on June 30, 2013, 12:13:29 AM
Does Matilda's dad sound like Gandalf, Saruman, or Indy Jones' father?

And why do I have the sudden urge to sit at his feet for hours as he tells stories from long ago?

Old people have the best stories.

I was thinking he might sound more like Lloyd Bridges.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

The elderly are quite wise, comes with the territory. But i was under the impression he sounded like the man who voiced the old man from Up. (The actors name escapes me at the moment)
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

killpurakat

True... true... he could be either of those as well... or maybe Patrick Stewart...

I'm actually one of those crazy people who has always loved to listen to the stories of my elders. :) I can only hope that if/when I get to be an elder, I have at least one or two neat stories to share.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

True indeed, we should all be so lucky as to have some good stories to recall in our twilight years. I for one enjoy hearing my dad recount his time in the army, he's been to panama Korea japan amid other places during his duty and hearing of some of the pranks that were pulled in that time are amusing as well. :3

Demont

Oh dear looks like Matilda has a sister and dis everyone remember what the last page said about that right?

Wanderer

bradypodidae

New standards of adorable keep being forged by Ambaaargh. Matilda in the second panel is well beyond cute! Well done and wonderful art and story as always.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on June 30, 2013, 12:36:43 AM
The elderly are quite wise, comes with the territory. But i was under the impression he sounded like the man who voiced the old man from Up. (The actors name escapes me at the moment)

That would be Ed Asner - and as a voice actor he gets around quite a bit.  He did Granny Goodness in the DC Animated Universe (i.e., Superman the Animated Series, Justice League, etc.)

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Quote from: ArchTeryx on July 01, 2013, 11:58:29 AM
Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on June 30, 2013, 12:36:43 AM

That would be Ed Asner - and as a voice actor he gets around quite a bit.  He did Granny Goodness in the DC Animated Universe (i.e., Superman the Animated Series, Justice League, etc.)
Ah, that's it, thank you. Not being able to think of his name was really beginning to bug me the last couple of days. And on the comic half of the discussion Matilda seems quite a bit bubbly in her eagerness. XD

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on July 01, 2013, 12:56:51 PM
Ah, that's it, thank you. Not being able to think of his name was really beginning to bug me the last couple of days. And on the comic half of the discussion Matilda seems quite a bit bubbly in her eagerness. XD

Well, she's a lot younger, she's smarter then the average Blue, and quite unlike most other Blue females, she gets a long lasting relationship with her father.  Though we know very little of Daddy Matilda, Ed Asner may not be a bad choice: Ed's actually pretty smart and witty in his normal life, and I suspect Matilda's father would be similar.  My guess is that she came by her own snarky wit honestly.

Xan

Quote from: Wanderer on June 30, 2013, 08:36:10 AM
"Stay a while and listen."

Now I can't stop imagining him with a Deckard Cain voice.