2013/04/12 [DMFA #1393] I am not a number, I am a free Mab!

Started by xom, April 11, 2013, 11:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xom

Now my question is, is Sherri's body stuffed with straw sawdust to look more like how she was before she became undead or because she "leaked" :yuck or something? This also brings to mind if similar things are done to other undead.

Lying Foo

Oh, Sherri... you think Kria cares if she's legally allowed to kill someone?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Wanderer

Quote from: Lying Foo on April 12, 2013, 12:14:23 AM
Oh, Sherri... you think Kria cares if she's legally allowed to kill someone?

Probably not, but the fact that she is allowed to do it means there are a lot fewer options they can use to stop her.

joshofspam

Now is that an ewwwww, because she was thinking about eating her or was it simply the thought of trying to eat an undead that got that reaction? :U

Then again, I'm sure even Demons probably cut the line at eating carrion.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Plotting

It would seem Kria has a thing against eating sawdust.

I wonder why she is stuffed with sawduct though? To give shape to her body once the organs are no longer there? Like the mummies of Ancient Egypt perhaps?

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

Makes me think about how taxidermy animals are stuffed with cotton and other substances, but they're really stiff. Wouldn't being stuffed with sawdust make your movements slower then if you weren't, even if a main amount of your muscle mass has decomposed? 
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

Plotting

@It-Or-Whatever-I-Am: I am sure magic would play a role in a zombie stuffed with sawdust being able to more and not be all stiff and stuff.

What that role is and how it works...who knows?

icarus

a white undead bunny-thing full of sawdust?
i think i have just the nightmare fuel.

my god, all of these undead are un-living the dream.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

mithril

given how many people have mentioned taxidermy so far in the thread, something occured to me. perhaps she did undergo a version of taxidermy (including the stuffed with straw bit)?
since taxidermy is in some ways the art of preserving things while not altering their appearance, this might account for why this particular undead still looks "cute and cuddly"?

we know at least 2 undead that were concerned with such, Hannah and her tail, and devin and his, so perhaps this lady went in for a more extreme effort to preserve her looks?

Amber Williams

It will get mentioned in the comic soon, so I figure I'll mention it now.

Because this particular variation of Undead are magically animated, they get to kind of cheat on some of the laws of physics.  For the Undead to be able to move about, all they really need are their bones and their brains.  Hence why Devin's arms are about to move around despite the upper halves being completely devoid of muscle and how Sherri here is pretty much a taxidermy project.  Or how Hannah back a bunch of storyarcs ago was able to still move her body parts despite her head being completely removed. (Generally speaking as long as the bodypart is within 100 feet of the head, it can still function about)

Lying Foo

Quote from: joshofspam on April 12, 2013, 02:24:53 AM
Now is that an ewwwww, because she was thinking about eating her or was it simply the thought of trying to eat an undead that got that reaction? :U

By the fact that they gave this reason, I presume she's already chowed down on a few...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 12, 2013, 11:29:44 AM

Because this particular variation of Undead are magically animated, they get to kind of cheat on some of the laws of physics.  For the Undead to be able to move about, all they really need are their bones and their brains.  Hence why Devin's arms are about to move around despite the upper halves being completely devoid of muscle and how Sherri here is pretty much a taxidermy project.  Or how Hannah back a bunch of storyarcs ago was able to still move her body parts despite her head being completely removed. (Generally speaking as long as the bodypart is within 100 feet of the head, it can still function about)

Oh I see, so it's similar to the head being a wireless hub and the body parts are what it's connected to the hub and as long as they're close to the hub they can work fine, no matter what happens to them short of disinigeration (Can't spell)   
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 12, 2013, 11:29:44 AM

Because this particular variation of Undead are magically animated, they get to kind of cheat on some of the laws of physics.  For the Undead to be able to move about, all they really need are their bones and their brains.  Hence why Devin's arms are about to move around despite the upper halves being completely devoid of muscle and how Sherri here is pretty much a taxidermy project.  Or how Hannah back a bunch of storyarcs ago was able to still move her body parts despite her head being completely removed. (Generally speaking as long as the bodypart is within 100 feet of the head, it can still function about)

That means that there could be undead who are just walking skeletons, which is pretty cool.  Heck, they could possibly reduce down to a skeleton and then recover themselves with still living tissue kept alive by alternate means, like a T800 terminator! :eager

It's also good to know that there's a distance limit for their modularity.

EDIT:
Are their scleras always black like that, even if their original eyeballs were still there or they had very realistic replacements with white scleras?  Do the scleras of whatever eyes they have just turn black because of the magic animating them?  If you zoomed in on those scleras, would they still have blood vessels?

Icon by Sunblink

Daet

ChaosMage, IIRC the glowing eyes is a racial trait listed on the Demonology 101 page. But I am interested in the answer to your question about their scleras.

Love the expression on Kria's face, it makes me wonder if she's tasted sawdust before.  :mowtongue

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I love the expressiveness of your characters Amber.  :mowsmile
Either help fix it or quit complaining.

Prroul

Hmm... another case of protective coloration. First, it was the NASCAR hat to discourage 'cubi from scanning your mind, and now it is an unappealing taste to discourage predation.

What other clever methods of protection will we find? Stay tuned for the next episode, where we examine a curious Kangaroo Rat which has some rather... unique... methods. *cue the National Geographic music*

SkeletalSpade

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

I wonder what it feels like to poke her, specially with her being filled with sawdust, would you feel it underneath the skin or would it feel "normal"

Ignuus66

Quote from: It-Or-Whatever-I-Am on April 13, 2013, 12:09:43 AM
I wonder what it feels like to poke her, specially with her being filled with sawdust, would you feel it underneath the skin or would it feel "normal"
probably would feel unnatural, a bit like a bean bag...

(credit: Gabi)

Cow Bell Man

Now, I wounder if sawdust would go down better with milk?

I guess in the end it would be like eating a lot of trees with milk.

Rafe

Quote from: icarus on April 12, 2013, 08:52:15 AM
a white undead bunny-thing full of sawdust?
i think i have just the nightmare fuel.

my god, all of these undead are un-living the dream.

Actually, I think Sherri is an undead sheep.   Sherri and Shari Lewis's Lambchop seem to have a lot in common, especially that neck-wool.  Plus she has those ovine horns.

Her's a pic of Lambchop and Shari and Sherri:

Some of you must remember ventriloquist Shari Lewis.  Have a video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N445qz-Uepo

...And come to think of it, with those long ears, Kria looks a lot like Charlie Horse.
Rafe

Lying Foo

Amber Williams

Quote from: Rafe on April 14, 2013, 01:55:58 AM
Actually, I think Sherri is an undead sheep.   Sherri and Shari Lewis's Lambchop seem to have a lot in common, especially that neck-wool.  Plus she has those ovine horns.

Her's a pic of Lambchop and Shari and Sherri:

Some of you must remember ventriloquist Shari Lewis.  Have a video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N445qz-Uepo

...And come to think of it, with those long ears, Kria looks a lot like Charlie Horse.

Oh snap he's onto me. STOP FINDING MY SUBTLE AS TAR REFERENCES.  :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk* Go, Ambaargh. I'm sure we'll like the result anyway. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zebra Bug

I was thinking Lambchop too, actually. And FLUFFY!  :mowcookie Love the fluff. Only thing I found interesting is that she has horns. Female sheep don't usually...Lambchop doesn't either. (Oh, I totally have a Lambchop handpuppet. <3 Used to make little plays with her and some other puppets with my brother when we were like...7-8 and 6-7...)

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

mithril

Quote from: Lying Foo on April 12, 2013, 12:18:15 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on April 12, 2013, 02:24:53 AM

By the fact that they gave this reason, I presume she's already chowed down on a few...

i'd imagine it is more likely a combination of "your reputation precedes you' (kria's tendency to kill and eat those who annoy her), and perhaps a bit of a 'eat what you kill' policy for demons... given how kria described the demon's idea of morality-by-whos-strongest ( link and link) , there may well be an attitude similar to how many hunters treat the hunting of animals.. if your going to do it, don't waste the results.