Jyruss's (as yet) unborn little brother/sister...

Started by Plotting, January 19, 2013, 04:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plotting

What is happening with Moira Gianna? She seems to have been pregnant for quite a long time now... :U

KiloFoxx

quite a long time has passes in OUR world yes, but in the Furrae world, i think it's only been a month or two. i doubt she'd be showing many signs of being pregnant to someone who didn't know. assuming, of course, Beings have a gestation time similar to humans.

Plotting

Quote from: KiloFoxx on January 19, 2013, 05:08:32 AM
quite a long time has passes in OUR world yes, but in the Furrae world, i think it's only been a month or two. i doubt she'd be showing many signs of being pregnant to someone who didn't know. assuming, of course, Beings have a gestation time similar to humans.

Yeah, I know. This is more tongue in cheek than anything else.

Also, taking all bets! I'm giving 2-1 on Jyruss getting a little sister! >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Plotting on January 19, 2013, 05:24:40 AM

Are you sure "little" is the correct term?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Plotting

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 19, 2013, 10:10:10 AM
Quote from: Plotting on January 19, 2013, 05:24:40 AM

Are you sure "little" is the correct term?

Touché! If he ends up with a little sister, then I guess she will end up being a big little sister.

e_voyager

but that depends on how much her system resembles that of the kangaroos that we have here. they aren't born anywhere near fully developed
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: e_voyager on January 21, 2013, 10:09:14 AM
but that depends on how much her system resembles that of the kangaroos that we have here. they aren't born anywhere near fully developed

Pouch privileges, y'know. I do believe Jyrras' have been revoked.

Zebra Bug

It might be interesting if his new sib was male, but likely he'd be kangaroo still. Altough Jyrass would be ecstatic to have a kangaroo-rat sibling, I'm sure.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Plotting

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 21, 2013, 10:16:05 AM

If for no other reason than there would not be enough room for two in one mothers pouch.  :)

Jesk Levethix

Actually this does raise an interesting question...
How do genetics work for vastly different species  in a  Being X Being pairing.
So far we've only seen it in  Being X Creature -  where the child took after the being parent for species but got the creature parents status as a creature..
example: Lorenda being a bovine like her father.. and still being a demon like her mother.

But with J-squeak here..
So far as its appeared in Being X Being  vastly different species  children have appeared to take after their  like gendered parent for species.
All His sisters being kangaroos like their mother
and the ONLY male to date.. being a rat like daddy.

So it may well be the only way he'll get another  kangaroo- rat family member is if its a boy, And I think Lorenda  actually mentioned something to that effect thou I can't recall exactly which comic it was...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jesk Levethix on January 22, 2013, 05:55:13 AM
So it may well be the only way he'll get another  kangaroo- rat family member is if its a boy, And I think Lorenda  actually mentioned something to that effect thou I can't recall exactly which comic it was...

Something about submitting to the impregnation under laboratory conditions, so that a statistical comparison could be made... ;-]

Tapewolf

How do genetics work for vastly different species  in a  Being X Being pairing.

If I remember right, Amber goes by what looks prettiest...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 22, 2013, 06:57:41 AM
How do genetics work for vastly different species  in a  Being X Being pairing.

If I remember right, Amber goes by what looks prettiest...

And sometimes, such as in Quill's case, evidently what looks prettiest is a hybrid somewhere between the two different species of the parents. ;) I am in favor of more hybrids between two or more species appearing in the comic.  Then we could end up with characters as cool looking as this guy. (yes, it's SFW)

It certainly would be a fun challenge to try to make a good looking kangaroo-rat/kangaroo hybrid.

By the way, is Jyrrus an American kangaroo rat, or an Australian hopping mouse?  Based on how big his ears are, I'm inclined to believe it's the latter.

Icon by Sunblink

Plotting

I think he is an American kangaroo rat, not an Australian hopping mouse. I think his ears are more a change in Amber's art style more than anything.

Of course, I could be wrong. :P

Zebra Bug

Jyrrus' tail would look differently if he were a hopping mouse I think. Not so tufty as I recall. And the theory about the child of two beings apperance being determined by gender is fascinating. It certainly could fit the world's weird logic. XD

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Brunhidden

plot twist! - its a cubi/demon as jyrras's father is an impostor who just wanted that sweet sweet middle aged kangaroo milf booty.... oh sweet frigg i cant say it with a straight face and i know im probably closer then i would guess
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jesk Levethix

Quote from: Brunhidden on January 25, 2013, 09:47:41 AM
plot twist! - its a cubi/demon as jyrras's father is an impostor who just wanted that sweet sweet middle aged kangaroo milf booty.... oh sweet frigg i cant say it with a straight face and i know im probably closer then i would guess

Um.. well  because a anything-but-cubi /cubi relationship always has the kids look like the non-cubi parent.. just with wings if they are a cubi,  So if we get a kangaroo with wings we know your right.

also on my theory it only goes for  being/being pairings.  Also with cubi being shape-shifters  any cubi adult could have just shape-shifted themselves to look like any combo they like even if they couldn't genetically be born such.   

As Merlitz is a Tiger/cheetah mix both are cats so its very possible to blend them without hugh difficulty.

Kangaroos and Rats (even kangaroo rats )  are a bit harder however so that is where my theory on the  following the same gendered parent can work.

Dakota

Nino

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 22, 2013, 08:22:05 AM
And sometimes, such as in Quill's case, evidently what looks prettiest is a hybrid somewhere between the two different species of the parents. ;) I am in favor of more hybrids between two or more species appearing in the comic.  Then we could end up with characters as cool looking as this guy. (yes, it's SFW)

Species (as in rat, mouse, cat) hybrids aren't DMFA canon though.

My thoughts on the timeline:

I know at least a couple months have passed in-comic time since Jy learned. My reasoning for this can be found here. So if Abel had to do this month all on his own (the month Dan is at the academy), it means the current DMFA time is the middle of month 3 since Dan and Abel left SAIA (and thus over 2 months since Jy found out, since he found out RIGHT after he got home from SAIA).

Since Jyrras learned his mom was pregnant shortly after he got back, if we assume Moria found out she was pregnant herself within or about a month after she conceived (it probably wouldn't have been too much longer afterwards) and Jyrras learned soon after, Moira is on month 3 of her pregnancy at -minimum-; so realistically, between 4 and 5 months, potentially only longer if it took her a couple months to find out or there was lag between when she found out and when Jy learned.

Also I think it'll be a female roo-rat, probably intellectual like Jyrras. My second guess is a male roo-rat. I don't think it's going to be a Kangaroo, especially female, because it's sort of too obvious/what everyone would expect since it's the 'funny' outcome, unless as a twist she ended up looking or being completely like Jyrras despite this. And I don't think species (race?) is X- or Y-linked; I think it was just chance that the species passed down the way it did in the Gianna family. Just my guess though.

joshofspam

While wondering about time relative to Jyrras's mother's pregnancy and what looks the baby will inherit from it's parents are very interesting to me as well. I can't help but think about how this will effect the story with the other factors involved.

We know that secret agent Chazore is starting her shadow observation on him and Abel. Also his protection for bachelor of the year I think extends possibly for that time. Add into that we don't exactly know how his mom is going to contact him about a new baby sister or brother, that could be an interesting situation.

It could be anything from a simple phone call or Jyrras being kidnapped by his sisters to make sure he's there with the rest of the family. I wonder if agent Chaz will be on duty long enough for that all to matter for her?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Shadowdancer

Knowing Amber's wicked sense of humor I'm guessing the kid will be small, but bigger than Jy.

I am waiting with bait-breath.  :eager
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Tuyu

Quote from: Shadowdancer on February 13, 2013, 03:18:00 AM
Knowing Amber's wicked sense of humor I'm guessing the kid will be small, but bigger than Jy.
That would be a really difficult delivery.  :P

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Tuyu on February 13, 2013, 11:01:09 AM
Quote from: Shadowdancer on February 13, 2013, 03:18:00 AM
That would be a really difficult delivery.  :P

I don't think so....she is the Kangaroo of the relationship after all, and gave birth to...what six? Actual Kangaroos...so another Kangaroo-rat, even if it is somewhat bigger, would not cause her any difficulty....unless complications arise. Someone goes after her to get at Jy....

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 21, 2013, 10:16:05 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on January 21, 2013, 10:09:14 AM

I'm guessing that would depend how closely the reproductive systems of Furres parallel their animal counterparts instead of humans, which is something I wonder myself.

TL;DR:

From what I've seen so far in the comic, I think it's a human-like placental pregnancy, which would mean that Jyrrus would still have his "pouch privileges" until his new sibling is born.  Plus, I have to admit that I'm now visualizing a super cute image of Jyrrus sitting in his mother's pouch while hugging her pregnant belly, and the rest of his sisters are in the background swooning from the sheer amount of diabetes inducing cuteness.

Long Version:

I personally think that it more closely parallels humans, mostly because Moira has human-like breasts rather than nipples within her pouch.  If that's the case, she's still carrying the fetus within her uterus, feeding it via a placenta, and her pouch is merely a vestigial structure left over from her animal counterpart.

Plus, if it were the latter case, and her pregnancy was marsupial rather than placental, I'd assume the fetus would be born by the end of the first trimester at the latest, or earlier if the entire length of the "pregnancy" (from conception to physical independence) really is shorter than the 9 month average for human pregnancy.
At least two months have passed since Jyrrus got word of his mother's pregnancy, and if Nino's speculations are correct, even more time than that has passed, which means that the first trimester is already long over, and a marsupial birth would have already occurred by now in the comic, and Jyrrus would have likely gotten word of it by now.

Again, I'm just speculating.  I wish I knew whether Furres with marsupial animal counterparts have marsupial pregnancies or placental pregnancies, but from what I've seen so far in the comic, and I could be wrong about it being a placental pregnancy.  It could be that not enough time could have passed in the comic for even a marsupial birth to occur, or the birth could have occurred already and for one reason or another Jyrrus just hasn't been notified of it yet.

Icon by Sunblink