Character Associations?

Started by Miliki, September 24, 2012, 08:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miliki

Umm... Has anyone else who has been reading this comic had certain things pop into their mind when they see a specific character? Like whenever I see Abel I think chocolate chip cookies... Was this intentional?

:mowcookie

Mao

While I can't say I've personally had it, I've believe 'Cookies'n'Cream' has been a nickname of Abel's for a while.

Miliki

Quote from: Mao on September 24, 2012, 08:10:24 PM
While I can't say I've personally had it, I've believe 'Cookies'n'Cream' has been a nickname of Abel's for a while.

But I associate cookies and cream with white and black chips, like with ice cream. He is more the crisp brown color of a perfectly done chocolate chip cookie.

ChaosMageX

Sometimes when I see Abel in his more depressing moments, I think of Tourniquet by Evanescence, but that might have been because I was listening to their album Fallen a lot back when I read his backstory for the first time.

Icon by Sunblink

Eboreg

I associate Jyrras with the Chrestomanci Chronicles and their ideas of other-universal counterparts. No seriously, he's probably what I would be if I grew up in Furrae.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Lying Foo

The BOB make me think of Team Rocket.  I'd say I don't know why, but you know I know why.

Mink reminds me a little of Shuichi...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Miliki

I love that everyone is talking about their associations with characters. I am surprised there aren't more music associations. But associations to other characters are awesome as well!

MUDPUNISHER

I'd say I look at Abel and think two things

One, Perfectly cooked Marshmallow.
Two, Oh, were pretty close behavior wise.... SO now I believe Abel could be my brother.
MUDPUNISHER commander of the 77th ArmoredCav.Forum destroyer of wallshanderouterofgrenades,
ahahah turning the car into oncoming traffic... IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE-Jim Carey
avatarby-Hapless-Enigma...THANKYOU
APRIL4th= GRENADEMAS
also...... Can I be Abels brother?... pleeeaaassseee

dracone

Fa'Lina make me think of  a Game Master, and I have recently started to wonder what it would be like if she had some actual biological children. In particular I keep envisioning her with twins, what is wrong with me?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: dracone on December 24, 2012, 11:42:14 PM
Fa'Lina make me think of  a Game Master, and I have recently started to wonder what it would be like if she had some actual biological children. In particular I keep envisioning her with twins, what is wrong with me?

If she did, they'd likely end up with later life issues relating to mammarian attachment. So to speak.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kirishala

Quote from: dracone on December 24, 2012, 11:42:14 PM
Well as Fa'Lina is a clan leader she did have children and other descendants, and probably quite a few of them.  Its just that they were killed during the Cubi-Dragon war (IIRC it was implied it was by Hizel who was largely responsible).

icarus

the majority of the soul stealer family remind me of ice cream of various flavours
ice creams and sorbets

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that