Hello from a new/old member

Started by Kazzellin, May 25, 2012, 01:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazzellin

Hello everybody! My name/handle is Kazzellin, and I was away from these forums long enough to have my old account purged!

D'oh. :<

Anyway, I'm making a new account, and hopefully this time I'll be able to keep it accurate, as I'm trying to be more sociable. Yes, I know; a forum may not be the best place for this, but hey - it's a step! It's also a step wherein I won't have someone pressuring me to consume alcoholic drinks, which I see as a bonus. :)

So, some "quick" facts about me:
1) I'm early thirties (which is the most accurate age you'll get from me right now ;P ), single, but I have a steady boyfriend.
2) I'm flirting oblivious. This means I may say things or respond in a flirtatious manner and not realize I'm doing so, therefore please don't read too much into it.
3) I didn't have a lot of friends growing up, or in high school, so I'm not very socialized. Granted that I'm getting better, but this means I may not pick up on obvious cues that someone is teasing/flirting with me. You've been warned.

Otherwise, I like anime and play RPG table top and video games, along with some side scrollers and similar. My favorite animes are Sailor Moon (which was my intro), Saint Tail, Rurouni Kenshin (but only the first two seasons) and Slayers. Game-wise, I grew up playing Mario, Final Fantasy, and Zelda, which should tell you what kind of games I'm likely to have played/be playing. I'm not really into FPS games, so am not familiar with the lingo for those. I've played DnD since I was 8, though not steadily, and am currently in the process of writing a book based on my own gaming world.

Unfortunately (or fotunately, depending on your POV), most of my time is taken up with my full time job (retail), and I also do a lot of crafts, so I don't have a lot of time to play my games, though I'm trying to get better with that. In addition to writing, I cross-stitch, bead, and make jewelry (for which I have an AAS degree in jewelry maufacture and repair), I like drawing but don't do it very well, and I'm getting into sewing. I'm also a fan of the new MLP, which goes back to my childhood; I have the original cartoons on DVD, and collect the original (G1) line of toys. And I customize them! G1, G3 and G4 (the FiM line). This is an act that greatly disturbs my SIL, but I have fun with it. ^__^

I think that's about it. Anything else should go into my profile anyway. :)
"The internet is full of people who can type faster than they can think." - Jeff Murdock

Mao

Welcome aboard/back.  The rules and such have likely changed a bit since you were last here so make sure to give them a peek and beyond that:  enjoy your stay!

Kazzellin

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 25, 2012, 01:51:51 PM
Welcome aboard/back.  The rules and such have likely changed a bit since you were last here so make sure to give them a peek and beyond that:  enjoy your stay!
I did indeed! That was a very long, and definitely needed list of don'ts. :) :P
"The internet is full of people who can type faster than they can think." - Jeff Murdock

Ignuus66

Welcome back! Hope you stay and enjoy your time here. I hope the amount of new members coming in/ old ones coming back means that the forums is becoming more active again.  :)

(credit: Gabi)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kazzellin on May 25, 2012, 03:27:15 PM
I did indeed! That was a very long, and definitely needed list of don'ts. :) :P

It's long, but not needed. If everyone decided not to be a meathead, we could cut it back to "don't be an idiot" and be done with it. Sadly, people are people. :-/

Welcome back to the forum, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears