02/03/2012 [DMFA#1290] - Shower scene

Started by Tapewolf, March 02, 2012, 05:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Kria looks good with her hair all wet like that.  However, I think my favourite panel is the first one - we don't often seem to see her in a tizz like that.

Also, I think it gives us some idea of how far away she lives from Zinvth.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

I love Devin's feedback and smugness.

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 02, 2012, 05:47:48 AM
Also, I think it gives us some idea of how far away she lives from Zinvth.

Zinvth is made of blocky skyscrapers? I expected something a little more... I dunno. You know, with spires, and twisted architecture and stuff.
Then again, we may be only seeing the highest buildings which use "modern" skyscraper architecture. If we went down to the streets I'm sure we'd see a diverse mix of archectural styles from different eras in incongruous juxtaposition.

Plotting

Devin is one brave undead guy to say "like mother like daughter" to Kria!

...That or he knows that he can get away with it. I would bet money on the latter personally.

Ignuus66

I myself like baldur's gate 1 better than 2, but I reccomend playing Planescape: Torment... It's VERY strange (in a good way)

(credit: Gabi)

Alondro

Devin is like:  Meh, death.  Been there, done that.  Got the T-shirt.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Shachza

The fact that she says "...try to repeat..." means that there's a possibility of failure?!  I don't know what to say about that.  Yet, as always, conversations involving Kria are the best things ever.

Why is my nose bleeding?
            <-- #1 that is!

CoyoteCaliente

It's been months since I've logged in to state my approval of this webcomic.
Must be because of the shower scene.

Also I have this song stuck in my head.
Called "Stacy's Mom".

Not sure why though... :U
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

Ross

I'd try to think of something constructive to say, but annoyed wet Kira is too distractingly cute.  :)

Also, death sure made Devin a smug little risk taker!  Hopefully Kira doesn't 'accidentally' pull an arm off when she grabs the towel!

Akisohida

..So Kria knows she killed Dev. For some reason, I was never sure if she knew.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Sid

My favorite element is that somewhere out there, a first-time visitor will see this comic and go "...how was she hiding these wings under the robe? :erk"
:boogie

Ignuus66

Quote from: Akisohida on March 02, 2012, 12:25:03 PM
I smell trouble for when Abel finds out. Get the popcorn ready when that happens!
though Abel may have figured that out already...

Viking ZX

Love how there's already a fan image in a sig for the last panel of this strip.
I'm an author! Check out my site!

joshofspam

Hmmmmm...considering DP is on shoot first ask undead questions later when he usually sees one. One could only imagine what Kria had to go through when DP first meet the soul returned Devon. ;)

Though considering Devon, by force of habit, usually stays at Kria's mansion. He's probably gotten quite good at reading Kria. A second opinion for Kria probably means quite a bit when they can read you well enough and generally care for you.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ignuus66

Quote from: joshofspam on March 02, 2012, 03:25:41 PM
Hmmmmm...considering DP is on shoot first ask undead questions later when he usually sees one. One could only imagine what Kria had to go through when DP first meet the soul returned Devon. ;)
I'm more or less guessing that as DP already knew of Devin when he was soulless, and since he probably knew what happened to the soulless undead, he probably wasn't surprised. The shoot on sight attitude probably came from the undead not leaving him alone.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

lilpuppy23

That reminds me, Is Devin wearing some sort of glove over his right arm or is it just like that normally? I don't remember it being black like that during Abel's Story, and don't recall there being an explanation regarding it...

Maybe it's burnt?

LionHeart

Quote from: Ross on March 02, 2012, 12:14:24 PMAlso, death sure made Devin a smug little risk taker!  Hopefully Kira doesn't 'accidentally' pull an arm off when she grabs the towel!
Devin's arms are already detachable.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

joshofspam

Quote from: Ignuus66 on March 02, 2012, 03:53:47 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on March 02, 2012, 03:25:41 PM
I'm more or less guessing that as DP already knew of Devin when he was soulless, and since he probably knew what happened to the soulless undead, he probably wasn't surprised. The shoot on sight attitude probably came from the undead not leaving him alone.

Well considering that with what Naldru just added and how Kria was probably still raising Devon as a grown child. I still find the image rather amusing that pops into my head.

I mean Devon probably predates the attacks on DP by undead, but considering Kria and DP naturally get along like they do. One could see DP criticizing how she's raising a piece of furniture. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Plotting on March 02, 2012, 07:14:30 AM
Devin is one brave undead guy to say "like mother like daughter" to Kria!

...That or he knows that he can get away with it. I would bet money on the latter personally.
He's had over 300 years to learn what he can get away with around her.

Quote from: Shachza on March 02, 2012, 10:54:42 AM
The fact that she says "...try to repeat..." means that there's a possibility of failure?!
The first time was apparently not a complete success. He has no memories from his prior life, this could mean a different soul, or the memories are (not necessarily intentionally) locked away.

Quote from: Naldru on March 02, 2012, 09:52:53 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on March 02, 2012, 12:25:03 PM

According to this page, Kria didn't kill anyone during that adventure.  But she still feels guilty because she was part of the hunting party.

According to Devin's cast page, "Devin is the only Undead who Dark Pegasus has not tried to kill on sight."
She probably knew who killed him, but I was never sure who did.

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Fresnor

I'm still waiting for someone to draw the gratuitous shower scene, from Kria's back of course to keep it PG/13.  ;P  Not sure if Amber would do that though since she's already stated how much she hates drawing stripes :D

Ignuus66

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 03, 2012, 02:53:37 AM
He's had over 300 years to learn what he can get away with around her.
much less due to the fact that he spent much of it as soulless furniture

Plotting

Kria and Devins relationship is an odd one, isn't it?

Kria killed Devin, brought him back to life and used him as soulless furniture for a couple of hundred years. Then when the undead are created as a race, Devin gets a soul and needs to be retaught everything - but rather than destroy him, Kria essentially raises him (N is for no survivors!  :mwaha).

Is Devin like an adopted son to Kria nowadays?

SteelWings

Heh we just can't get enough of Kria. Best fantasy demon Zebra horse in any web comic anywhere ^.^
I love the snarky back and forth banter she shares with Devin though ^^ like mother like... adopted son? hehehe.

"Hello my friends, my name is Fred. The words you read are in my head. I say I said my name is Fred, and I've been very Naaaauuughhty"

Ryy Lazurus

I noticed that Devlin has his eyes closed all this time.

Is it because he's amused, or is it because his "mother" is naked in front of him?

Strange relationship indeed.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on March 04, 2012, 03:06:02 PM
I noticed that Devlin has his eyes closed all this time.

Is it because he's amused, or is it because his "mother" is naked in front of him?

Strange relationship indeed.
I'm guessing the latter. or it might be both.

Naldru

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 03, 2012, 02:53:37 AM
She probably knew who killed him, but I was never sure who did.

I had assumed that it was Selev's brother, who appears to have been killed by an an ancestor of Wildy.

Edit:

The postulation of a relationship between Wildy and Glory was based on Chekhov's Gun.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Arcblade

Quote from: Naldru on March 04, 2012, 05:39:13 PM

I had assumed that it was Selev's brother, who appears to have been killed by an an ancestor of Wildy.

Wait, you're postulating Glory's an ancestor of Wildy?  On what grounds?  They're both... well, Glory might be a ferret.  Maybe.  But just 'cause they're the same species doesn't mean they're related. 

rabid_fox

I like when Devin turns up because I read his lines in my voice. One of these days I'll get the call to do more of his stuff for the radio play.

Oh dear.

Plotting

QuoteI had assumed that it was Selev's brother, who appears to have been killed by an an ancestor of Wildy.

Here is a thought - who is Selev? And who is Selev's brother? I don't recall either of these two being mentioned anywhere else.

Edit - Reread the relevant portion of Abel's Story. Concluded that Selev and his/her brother are just members of the hunting party and not important characters as far as the plot/story is concerned.