09/07/2011 [DMFA #1243] - Sandvich!?

Started by Ghostwish, September 07, 2011, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

Okay, that last panel? That made me snort Dr. Pepper. And despite the pain, I kept laughing. Oh Mink..

MT Hazard

A prize to the first person who can put a funny caption on the last panel.

I guess Mink has got to the 'not needing to breath' stage of cubi evolution already.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

OminousShadow

...I will not make any extremely immature jokes how how that last panel looks. It is too easy.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

joshofspam

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 07, 2011, 01:58:21 PM

I guess Mink has got to the 'not needing to breath' stage of cubi evolution already.

Heh, I have one.

But it is for my own amusement and safely saved on my computer, where it amuses me to look at.

Still, Mink is probably a firm believer of sliced bread being the best invention. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Attic Rat

Bravo for the Reuben sandwich! The king of all sandwiches with the possible exception of a good hamburger or a BLT made with a garden-fresh tomato... The sauerkraut usually isn't green, but hey. This is Saia.

Mink's head-tentacles are obviously very useful. I hadn't considered that before. Nice touch.

I'm somewhat glad that we don't see Mink chowing down on the turkey leg sandwich. If squigglies are comfortable biting through a turkey leg bone and chewing it, I might have to reassess Mink as "possibly dangerous semi-aquatic predator."
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Maark30

Quote from: Attic Rat on September 07, 2011, 06:00:33 PM
Bravo for the Reuben sandwich! The king of all sandwiches with the possible exception of a good hamburger or a BLT made with a garden-fresh tomato... The sauerkraut usually isn't green, but hey. This is Saia.

Mink's head-tentacles are obviously very useful. I hadn't considered that before. Nice touch.

I'm somewhat glad that we don't see Mink chowing down on the turkey leg sandwich. If squigglies are comfortable biting through a turkey leg bone and chewing it, I might have to reassess Mink as "possibly dangerous semi-aquatic predator."

I don;t know, the last time I went to a Trek Con the sauerkraut was green.  Of course so was the the alcohol  :mowmeep

as far as Mink's need to breath or not, he is a mythos and some of them don't need to breath.  Just look at Matilda's profile for the bit of info.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Attic Rat

A little food-coloring can work wonders.

I just noticed the balancing going on in frame two. That's kind of... impressive, supported only on the tail while counter-weighting with an extended wing, shifting a platter from Mink's head using head tentacles, handing off a sandwich platter to Dan, and all the while maintaining a cheerful conversation. I don't see the second drink next to the turkey leg sandwich, so Mink must have already set it down somewhere.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

joshofspam

Speaking about oddities of Mink, has anyone noted that Mink has waist length hair?

Also I take notice that he/she is is apparently digigrade.

All and all, add in the facial features and everything else, it appears that Mink has been carefully balanced to confuse people when trying to goes Mink's gender.

Radio DMFA should be interesting if they ever try to do his character. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

justacritic

Considering we now know Mink is Jin's representative
we could guess one of two are true
Jin could be losing it a little or
There is more to Mink than meets the eye

Cogidubnus

That is not an eel sammich. That is, in fact, just an eel. Between two loves of bread, granted, but that's an eel.

I can tell.

Eel is actually super delicious

Naldru

One advantage of being a shape-changer is that you can open your mouth very wide.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

TheAuldGrump

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 07, 2011, 07:41:23 PM
That is not an eel sammich. That is, in fact, just an eel. Between two loves of bread, granted, but that's an eel.

I can tell.

Eel is actually super delicious
I have done enough cooking for steampunk that I can agree with that. :)

(Eels, slumgullion, lobscouse, mushy peas, with wet nellies, dead man's arm, and spotted dick for dessert... you can make people cringe just by reading the menu. Beef Wellington or crown of pork if you are being all posh about it.:P )

The Auld Grump, give yer plates o' meat a treat, set ye down, oive eels te eat!

Akisohida

Look closely at that last panel. Dan as a squiggle of hair coming out below the two spots on Minks head-tentacle. It makes it look like a silly smiley face.  :mowsmile
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Maark30 on September 07, 2011, 06:03:58 PM

I don;t know, the last time I went to a Trek Con the sauerkraut was green.  Of course so was the the alcohol  :mowmeep

Yeah, I was wondering what that green stuff was too. At least it looks like they may have used (light) pumpernickel or at least rye. One place I ordered one totally missed the mark, they used white bread and didn't grill it!  :erk

Quote from: Naldru on September 07, 2011, 09:20:55 PM
One advantage of being a shape-changer is that you can open your mouth very wide.

Without having to dislocate your jaws.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

"An eelfy meal in every bite."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Akisohida

'Need a moment? Grab an Eel.' (Need a moment, grab a Twix commercials)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Alondro

*Charline does not like eels*  They're too slimy and icky-looking.  Actually, I don't really care for fish at all.  People are much more appetizing!  >:9
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ellian

Quote from: Maark30 on September 07, 2011, 06:03:58 PM
as far as Mink's need to breath or not, he is a mythos and some of them don't need to breath.  Just look at Matilda's profile for the bit of info.

Are you sure of that? I thought Cubi and Mythos counted as separate races... can a Mythos be a Cubi or vice versa?

Lurkie

I had to laugh out loud at the turkey leg sammich.  :-)  Somebody in the SAIA kitchens has an interesting sense of humour.  Of course, given Mink's ability to suck down an eel whole, maybe not so odd. 

Um, wasabi saurkraut?  (I love saurkraut, but I think I can live without the wasabi variation.  :) )

Quote from: Ellian on September 08, 2011, 04:27:28 PM
Are you sure of that? I thought Cubi and Mythos counted as separate races... can a Mythos be a Cubi or vice versa?

They are separate races.  But the 'Cubi are different from most species in how they add characteristics to the existing characteristics of the races they can breed into.  (It seems to be a highly magical effect, which rather throws genetics-as-we-know-it out the window.)  Take our favorite Incubi, for example:  Dan and Abel are both offspring of a Being and a 'Cubi.  For the most part, they take the characteristics of their Being parents, but with 'Cubi characteristics (back wings, head wings, magic use, shape-shifting, etc.) from their 'Cubi parents.  No doubt it's the same with Mink: At least one parent was a Mythos, and at least one was a 'Cubi.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Corgatha Taldorthar

Hmm, it might be me, but this seems to be the first time we've seen Mink's legs clearly since Abel's Story. What's odd is that he used to have four legs, but now only seems to have 2. Now, with shapeshifting, it shouldn't be that hard to switch from quadruped to biped, but I do wonder what is going on there.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

tiggertoo

I'm particularly amused by Mink's expression in the first panel -- he's got the perfect tired, overworked waitress look - seems he likes to be in proper character for the role.

Sicill

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 08, 2011, 05:53:35 PM
Hmm, it might be me, but this seems to be the first time we've seen Mink's legs clearly since Abel's Story. What's odd is that he used to have four legs, but now only seems to have 2. Now, with shapeshifting, it shouldn't be that hard to switch from quadruped to biped, but I do wonder what is going on there.

Four legs? Are you sure? The few pages that I found that showed Mink's legs depicted a biped.
(link to one) (and another)

Corgatha Taldorthar

Hmm, I've been looking it over, and you do seem to be right. I'm not sure why I had that impression. Sorry to bother.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Arcblade

I'm vaguely disappointed that Dan doesn't immediately see how awesome Mink is.  But that's to be expected.  He's on first impression stuff right now, and all he's got are scary clowns and an eel sandwich.  Ah well.  Hopefully he'll get it soon. 

The clowns creep me out, frankly.  But I can't not love Mink.  Even if ze turns out to be toothy, carnivorous, and scary.  (because of this)

InsanityRequiem

All I can say from this page... Squiggly the Eel-muncher! :V

Also, this page also proves to me at least that Mink is actually androgynous. From far away, Mink seems rather guy like, but when the picture is more close up, the femininity of Mink's form appears to me.

Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on September 09, 2011, 03:04:36 AM
Squiggly the Eel-muncher! :V

And there's your caption for a Squiggly with an eel in his mouth. :D

Heck, he's probably listening to boogie woogie while doing so (the number starts slow, 'bout half a minute in), just because modern music isn't happy enough. I can just see the Squiggly bounce around to music like that.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Wurgel

QuoteSquiggly the Eel-muncher!
that nails it prety good.

On top of that, we get the information, that at least Piflak and Dimanika attend the meeting personal.

Aadarm

But, anything between two pieces of bread IS a sammwhich!

tiggertoo

Quote from: Aadarm on September 09, 2011, 02:39:40 PM
But, anything between two pieces of bread IS a sammwhich!

Works for me -- I've seen places serve pork chop sandwiches (yes, bone and all), so a turkey leg sandwich is not strange. Eel sandwich must be a Mink specialty.

As far as Dan not yet seeing Mink is awesome, this is all still extremely new and somewhat overwhelming to Dan. He was only at the academy for maybe a day before, with a totally different frame of mind (he felt he was a kidnapped adventurer before (more or less), now he's a new cubi come to learn amongst cubis often centuries older and more experienced - a bit intimidating, not to mention probably meeting some cubi clan tri-wings).

And the truth is, Mink IS a good representative of Jin's clan. I think he embodies all the best qualities of that clan very well -- and as a bonus, you've got Mink.  :)

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Sicill on September 08, 2011, 06:58:47 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 08, 2011, 05:53:35 PM

Four legs? Are you sure? The few pages that I found that showed Mink's legs depicted a biped.
(link to one) (and another)

This one showed biped better.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen