Booksies

Started by TheDXM, June 16, 2011, 12:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 17, 2011, 05:35:29 PM
Hard to find good fantasy nowadays, but I'll see if I can't give Mercedes Lackey a try, it seems popular here.

Be aware that there is a lot of "Mercedes Lackey and Joe Bloggs" type stuff out there - the quality varies quite a bit, so if you run across one you don't like, don't tar it all with the same brush. If you want, nudge me at some point and we can discuss some finer points, and come up with some you might like.

Also, Mercedes herself covers a fairly wide stretch of different types of novels, so even if you limit yourself to her and her alone, you may find your tastes differ...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

I bought an ton of John Le Carre stuff to read on the beach (the Karla trilogy, Spy Who Came In From The Cold, and The Little Drummer Girl). Anyone else like/have experience?

Okami-Kun

Regarding Mercedes Lackey, I read her Owl Mage Series and really enjoyed it.
Took me about a week to finish all three books while on holiday.

Raymond E. Fiest, Robert Jordan and David Eddings are probably my favourite authors at the moment but joradn deffinitally tops the list with the Wheel of Time series. Fiest's novels are intriuging in that while 90% of his books all link to the same story the books never follow a set time line and the main character for each book changes while still keeping all characters relavant.

rabid_fox

"The Horrific Sufferings of the Mind-Reading Monster Hercules Barefoot, His Wonderful Love and His Terrible Hatred" by Carl-Johan Vallgren

Just finished this one. Read it. It's great.

Currently ploughing Robin Hobb.

Oh dear.

thegayhare

speaking of books looks like boarders is going out of busniess so if you want to get some deals all waldenbooks and borders book stores have it 40 percent off

ooklah

I'm on Book 11 of the Wheel of Time Series... I started back in june 2008... maybe by late next year I'll have the series finished.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."