Fa'Lina's Clan

Started by SilentSoror, November 01, 2010, 01:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 01, 2010, 08:19:13 PM
Fa'Lina's clan shall never see a revival.  And soon Fa'Lina will die herself! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

and it'll be the Chia Gnoll that ends her.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tiger_T

Quote from: Cassi-kun on November 14, 2010, 04:47:08 PMI think the other Cubi on staff help maintain the barriers that keep it safe from the rest of the world, but I think the academy itself might be a physical location?
Wasn't SAIA located in a pocket dimension created/controlled by FaLina? I seem to remember something like that.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Arcblade

Quote from: Tiger_T on November 18, 2010, 05:50:49 PM
Quote from: Cassi-kun on November 14, 2010, 04:47:08 PMI think the other Cubi on staff help maintain the barriers that keep it safe from the rest of the world, but I think the academy itself might be a physical location?
Wasn't SAIA located in a pocket dimension created/controlled by FaLina? I seem to remember something like that.

That's correct. 

I really hope Amber's just messing with us (ha. ha.  No pun intended.  Really).  Killing the last of the Hope clan is just depressing.  Might make for excellent plot development, but man...  Depressing. 

Nino

Quote from: Whalefreezer on November 15, 2010, 05:14:28 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on November 01, 2010, 08:19:13 PM
Fa'Lina's clan shall never see a revival.  And soon Fa'Lina will die herself! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I hope you're not meaning this soon. :<

I think here that the question Abel was going to ask was something like 'how until you (as in, the person you're tracking) have to be gone from SAIA for you to lose that insight and power (on them)?', and the 'two months' referred to that.

I actually have evidence for this: when Aniz left, with Fa'lina's help, Destania was able to know that Aniz was still alive for 'at least a few months' after he left. It's then implied that the reason she can't know that indefinitely is that Fa'lina's 'sight' over Aniz fades until it's gone after that amount of time. This lines up perfectly with her answer of "two months."

I'm not sure why you think the 'two months' answer had to do with how much longer she'd be alive, but it is strange that Amber would cut off Abel's question there, so maybe her answer had a different meaning after all (however I am still going with parsimony here and saying it's the above :P).

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tiger_T on November 18, 2010, 05:50:49 PM
Ahh... Okay then. In that case yeaaah, there's gonna be some problems in SAIA when Fa'Lina goes [sound effect relevant to her death here].
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

lilpuppy23

I imagine that when Fa'lina goes, SAIA dissolves, Auto-teleporting everyone in the middle of some wind-swept prairie...
Which might be a problem if SAIA is more than one story tall. It'll be raining cubi for a short period of time  :dface

(That said, wouldn't all the insane people get out then?)

Tapewolf

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on November 19, 2010, 05:37:01 PM
I imagine that when Fa'lina goes, SAIA dissolves, Auto-teleporting everyone in the middle of some wind-swept prairie...
Which might be a problem if SAIA is more than one story tall. It'll be raining cubi for a short period of time  :dface
I imagine that she'd probably be able to foresee it and take precautions.  In any case, 'Cubi should be able to at least parachute with their wings...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prof B Hunnydew

God and Goddess People   Just let this drop... One little hint from Amber and the thread it goes on and on.  
Yes Fa'lina is all our favorite character, Kinda like my Aunty Marie and she had big ......ah

Yes, well Soon is a relative term.... Like the comic is half over...over at JACK. Dave's comic. it has been going as long as this one.

So soon can be long long time.....
PBH  

iceick

I wonder if Fa'lina will be killed by an assassin working for the dragons or as a martyr bringing peace between the cubi and dragons or protecting Dan or Abel or ......

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on November 19, 2010, 10:24:07 PM
God and Goddess People   Just let this drop... One little hint from Amber and the thread it goes on and on.  
Yes Fa'lina is all our favorite character, Kinda like my Aunty Marie and she had big ......ah

I see you finaly figured it out. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mao

This topic is starting to get less and less sane, and further out to left field, so welcome it to it's new home.

Prof B Hunnydew

Ah  ahh  This is a nice place   

*sips her tea**
PBH

Anker Steadfast

*brings a cup over to the professor*

Mind if I barge in on you ?

:)

Prof B Hunnydew

Oh yes Have a brisket?

*offer assored array of cookies*

Fa'lina really is like my Aunty Marie.   I love hugs for her.  And she is like a great she-wolf to the rest of us, cubs in the family.  She has no children of her own, but she was motherly to all her nieces and nephews.  
Now, Fa'lina has somehow tap into sources of power from each Clan that goes to the Academy.  Each member of academy seems to love and respect her, Fa'lina adores all her students, even when they are doing wrong.(Aniz)  I am sure she has a way for the other Founders to keep the school going even if she were no longer there to run things.

PBH

VAE

Hmm, i was under the impression that if not for inter-clan politics, she would have inhumed Aniz for how badly he messed up everything.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: VAE on November 23, 2010, 10:04:31 AM
Hmm, i was under the impression that if not for inter-clan politics, she would have inhumed Aniz for how badly he messed up everything.

And such a spanking that would have been.  It hurts more If you can heal him up and smack him again..  Or she could have let Destania do it? Dee did a lovely job mess with Abel.  Destania is one of the many things, that he is messing up, but we wouldn't have Dan now, would we?

PBH

Anker Steadfast

Just becuase someone is your son/daughter doesn't mean they cannot do something so monumentally stupid, that you want to beat the living crap out of them.

VAE

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on November 23, 2010, 12:43:18 PM
Quote from: VAE on November 23, 2010, 10:04:31 AM

And such a spanking that would have been.  It hurts more If you can heal him up and smack him again..  Are she could have let Destania do it? Dee did a lovely job mess with Abel.  Destania is one of the many things, that he is messing up, but we wouldn't have Dan now, would we?

PBH

Hmm , but Aniz isn't dan's father ... so unless you mean by that "she wouldn't have ended up in the pub" (a likely hypothesis that she was on the hunt for aniz")

Also, i dunno if it made it across (a discworld reference) inhume is what an assassin's guild  :mowninja  does... comes from the opposite of  exhume... so spanking wouldn't quite do the job.

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

A.J.

Wow... Lot's of speculation, and hypothesizing, going on in here. Let's see if I can't make sense of what's been posted.

In the long run, chances of Fa'Lina's clan making a comeback are basically zero.

Death:
For all we know, Amber could be pulling our leg, but I won't say that with utmost certainty. Perhaps Fa'Lina could end up being like Nicky, the Demoness that gained immortality.

And regarding Aniz, Fa'Lina just realizes that he's pretty much in the same boat she is, except that he can still produce offspring. This may also be why she's so polite to Dan, whose clan consists only of his mother and the Clan leader (So far as everyone knows).

It has also been hinted that Mab and Fa'Lina are new/old friends, so who knows how things will really turn out.
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

Mao

Protip:  Don't post in threads that are more than a month idle, as per the rules (Rule V section B).  That warning before you post is there for a reason.  Topic locked.