Swamp Thing is real! D:

Started by Alondro, January 12, 2010, 06:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

And it's a slug!!

Animals Going Green-Literally

So... these slugs have the secret to creating complex genetic chimeric organisms! 

Or in other words... FURRIES!!!  :wiggle :catgirl

Let the unholy experiments begin!   :veryevil
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Eibborn

Oh gosh, no way! I always wondered if that kind of thing was possible.
/kicks the internet over

Netrogo

I hope to god I live to see the day that genetic modification becomes a reality. Just for the hilarious freaks we'll see on the streets.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Kafzeil

Holy crap...The End is Nigh!

No, really, soon we'll have people who are part plant, part human.[/Really Dumb MGS joke]
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Cool. I've heard of bacteria doing similar things, but never an eukaryote.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Alondro

Quote from: Netrogo on January 12, 2010, 06:49:15 PM
I hope to god I live to see the day that genetic modification becomes a reality. Just for the hilarious freaks we'll see on the streets.

*injects you with something quickly, while yer not looking, then sneaks away to watch the results*   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Lysander

A photosynthetic animal that produces Chlorophyll...a very interesting creature. And yeah, many possibilities may come whence they learn what allows the creature to literally become like what it eats.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Keleth

Yay! Something else to see what science will bring!

I'm just waiting for a giant "The Blob" and people out on the streets screaming "What has science done?!"
Help! I'm gay!

Vidar

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 12, 2010, 10:11:14 PM
fascinating... :batman

Quite so, isn't it old chap?
Unfortunately, it's a very far cry from this:

:wiggle
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

MT Hazard

An aquatic slug they has genetic engineering potential?  Seems somewhat familiar...

Bring on the Plasmids!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mao

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 15, 2010, 10:16:39 AM
An aquatic slug they has genetic engineering potential?  Seems somewhat familiar...

Bring on the Plasmids!

Oddly enough that's where my train of thought went too.

Dekari

Science has discovered an animal that can adapt outside DNA into it's own then pass it on to it's next generation thus probably answers, and at the same time raises more, questions about genetics?   Neat  :)

But.......

/sarcasm

Hey science, how goes that cure for cancer?  What's that, slipped your mind?  Aw, that's too bad.  Hey, here's an idea, how about you get back on that.  Oh and while your at it, think you can look into those affordable flying cars you promised us 10 years ago too?

/sarcasm

Eh, someone had to do it  >:3
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Vidar

Quote from: Dekari on January 15, 2010, 10:50:54 AM
Science has discovered an animal that can adapt outside DNA into it's own then pass it on to it's next generation thus probably answers, and at the same time raises more, questions about genetics?   Neat  :)

But.......

/sarcasm

Hey science, how goes that cure for cancer?  What's that, slipped your mind?  Aw, that's too bad.  Hey, here's an idea, how about you get back on that.  Oh and while your at it, think you can look into those affordable flying cars you promised us 10 years ago too?

/sarcasm

Eh, someone had to do it  >:3

I noted the sarcasm quotes, so I take it you do know the markedly increased survival-rates of cancer-patients since a mere few decades ago?  This slug may even help in the continued research in cancer treatments in some way. Maybe.

The flying car thing? Yeah, I want one too. And where the hell is my holo-deck, guys? Hop to it!
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Valynth

Quote from: Vidar on January 15, 2010, 01:17:50 PM
The flying car thing? Yeah, I want one too. And where the hell is my holo-deck, guys? Hop to it!

They were working on it, but we haven't heard from that division for several months....
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Alondro

Pretty much all cancer is curable now IF you catch it in the early stages.  Problem is that many cancers have no overt symptoms until it's too late.

My uncle was diagnosed with colon cancer in a stage just early enough to be cured.  Ironically, they only found it because he nearly cut his arm off with a chainsaw while pruning a tree.

Lysander

It's things like that which show how even something seemingly awful like getting one's arm nearly sawed off can turn out to be a good thing to the point of saving one's life.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Anker Steadfast

Imagine how evolution would have gone, if one of the early organisms had been self supportive, needing only water and sunlight ?
Predators probably wouldn't have existed.
Just imagine what odd sort of beings that would have come along instead ?

Treants ?
Small trolls with grass on their heads ?

A living football field that can play the game without players ?

:D

Quote from: Dekari on January 15, 2010, 10:50:54 AM/sarcasm

/sarcasm

Well .. what would you give for a flying car ?

>:3

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

Wrong month.  Please don't do that again.

:locked

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 05, 2010, 02:39:42 PM
Imagine how evolution would have gone, if one of the early organisms had been self supportive, needing only water and sunlight ?

You mean, like, the early organisms that use chlorophyll? algae and the like?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears