Sepheroth, one of the top evilest FF villans?

Started by Castle Pokemetroid, August 06, 2009, 11:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenji

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 10, 2009, 06:48:24 AM
Quote from: Kenji on August 09, 2009, 04:49:06 PM
Emperor from IV isn't so bad either. The ass fought his way out of hell just because he hated you.

On the topic of characters escaping from abyssal places, Gilgamesh is the best -reoccuring- 'villain' ever.

That's only cause he likes to run away from fights when his peon dies. :P

Turnsky

Seymour of FFX, was just.... SAD.. he was more a creepy stalker than actual villain, he just. kept. coming. back..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Don

Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2009, 10:39:13 PM
Seymour of FFX, was just.... SAD.. he was more a creepy stalker than actual villain, he just. kept. coming. back..

Guh..Seymour was incredibly sad, quite annoying as well, I think it's safe to say by the time anyone gets to the third fight with him all that's going through ones mind is "Why Won't You Die!?"

For me..I find Kuja to be the top villain of final fantasy, for previously stated reasons of: Abusing the Alexandrian army and then slaughtering them. Nearly Genociding the Burmecian race. Destroying his own planet and attempting to kill his own people as well as controlling his brother at the threat of destroying said people.. and just being so very casual about most if not all of it. His Tactics, Motives, Sense of sadistic joy, as well as his other traits.. made him a pretty significant guy.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Don on August 11, 2009, 11:40:27 PM
His Tactics, Motives, Sense of sadistic joy, as well as his other traits.. made him a pretty significant guy.

It's been a while since I played FFIX, but I find your praise for his -motives- a bit off. Wasn't Kuja the guy who found out life was finite / his brother was going to replace him and had a hissy fit about it? :b
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Kenji

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 12, 2009, 12:24:27 AM
His Tactics, Motives, Sense of sadistic joy, as well as his other traits.. made him a pretty significant guy.

It's been a while since I played FFIX, but I find your praise for his -motives- a bit off. Wasn't Kuja the guy who found out life was finite / his brother was going to replace him and had a hissy fit about it? :b

We all know you had a hissy fit when you heard your mom was gonna have a Janus2. :P

Don

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 12, 2009, 12:24:27 AM

This is true but..everyone has their quirks, I actually kind of find it amusing for characters to have peeves like that, Kuja with his brother, and Sephiroth with his mother.. not really sure how to put it into words..

Hrm..perhaps I should've renewed my memory on it all before coming here, it's been awhile since I've spoken anything in regards to final fantasy myself.. I apologize for only having half an answer to this..

linainverse

Sephiroth is a really popular villain but I don't understand why his style is copied so much. For example, Alucard from Castlevania Judgment looks like him. Why?? what's this with the long white hair and wings?

Kenji

Quote from: linainverse on August 12, 2009, 01:01:49 PM
Sephiroth is a really popular villain but I don't understand why his style is copied so much. For example, Alucard from Castlevania Judgment looks like him. Why?? what's this with the long white hair and wings?

That would be a commonly recurring theme throughout Japanese games and shows. It didn't start with Sephiroth by any means.