12/01/08 [CVRPG #901] - A New Introduction

Started by Destina Faroda, December 01, 2008, 03:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Hm, so is this the same golem from Year One?  If so how did he change his form so radically?  (I love the sprite, BTW)  Did someone unmake then remake him?

And where's the Lycan the people asked for?  Don't think we forgot about those, or the commentaties, or...(nag, nag, nag)
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

The lycan will happen eventually. Mab came up with a good idea, but when I started thinking about where the character best fit, I realized it was further down the storyline.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

GabrielsThoughts

hey, why does no one discuss CVRPG updates? I think the KAt origin/side arc is fun and should continue, and the dialog between death alec and Darkmoon over the discussion of  key was funny... Bucky being mistaken for the warrior of time over Link was freaking awesome too.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

People are more than allowed to discuss any of the comics as they like... it just seems like no one starts the topics. I'm not going to, since, you know, that would just be kinda odd and a little self-centered.

Pagan

I think part of the reason why there are few CVRPG discussions is that fact that there are more DMFA readers on the forum than readers of CVRPG.

It is nice to see the golem again. What Lycan? I don't remember a Lycan.
It would be nice to see some new commentaries.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Seth C Triggs

I'm afraid to start topics because I always get the format wrong. Heheheheh...

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Darkmoon

Destina Faroda

Quote from: Pagan on January 24, 2009, 07:53:55 PM
It is nice to see the golem again. What Lycan? I don't remember a Lycan.

A long time ago, there was a vote as to what the newest party member would be, and two of the options were Lycan and Golem (I think a fairy was also an option, but i'm not sure).  I'm not complaining; I'm just teasing.

Quote from: Seth C Triggs on January 26, 2009, 02:30:38 AM
I'm afraid to start topics because I always get the format wrong. Heheheheh...

That's one reason why I quit making them.  The other is that I've actually been too busy as of late to post and by the time I do, I tend to forget whatever it was I wanted to write.
Sig coming...whenever...

Pagan

Quote from: Destina Faroda on January 26, 2009, 06:38:20 PM
A long time ago, there was a vote as to what the newest party member would be, and two of the options were Lycan and Golem (I think a fairy was also an option, but i'm not sure).  I'm not complaining; I'm just teasing.

Ah. That explains it. I don't think I was a reader back then.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Darkmoon

It was WAY back when, during the first game... I don't think they'd even fought Dracula at that point.

Fear not, the Lycan will eventually show up. As it was, once the character was decided upon, it was realized the character best fit later in the story.

Pagan

Holy crap... Yeah, I definitely was not reading way back then. I think I started finished reading the archive at about when Year One ended.
... And now that I've checked the archives, are we in a new game? "CVRPG Gaiden"?

Darkmoon

Yes we are. You can think of it as Game 2 1/2 (if you prefer). There's at least three more to go. ;)

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

Seth C Triggs

Now I wonder...what's the Gaiden part about?

And will there be types of CVRPG sorta named for other fighting game types?

-Seth

Darkmoon

Quote from: Seth C Triggs on January 29, 2009, 11:52:15 PM
Now I wonder...what's the Gaiden part about?

And will there be types of CVRPG sorta named for other fighting game types?

-Seth

I used the term in this context:

Quote from: Wikipedia link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaiden
The term gaiden is commonly used in popular Japanese fiction to refer to a spin-off (canonical or otherwise) of a previously published work that is not officially considered a sequel nor a prequel.

Admittedly I use it a little more loosely than I should, but I'm trying something a little different here, so it seemed like a good fit for the title.

Seth C Triggs

Ahhh I gotcha! For some reason I thought this was just a natural progression and not so much a sequel, but I think I just misunderstood how the narrative is structured, heh...

-Seth

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Darkmoon on January 29, 2009, 09:09:21 PM
How so?

ok, the argument started as the result of him asking for a responce to attack however if he attacked his response would have been the response to an attack and the argument would have started all over again, but while the focus of the argument changes, the fact that theres an argument would remain. Ultimately the argument requires an argument or event to begin but the event that caused the argument was a discussion that created the argument that discusses the argument... Okay, I've already gone cross eyed and  I'm still not explaining it right.

but back on subject.... Reading rainbow? is the CVRPG universe a post apocalyptic future that has devolved into a dark ages cast system that is building its way back up to a modern civilization? if so this brings up the possibility of the team might stumble upon some futuristic technology from 2012 or later.