Dracula Fund

Started by Nimrods Son, June 19, 2008, 10:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimrods Son

I don't know (in ana anlyst way) why I personally never donated. There's technical hindrances - I neither got PayPal nor a credit card, nor actual money. Still, I hope others might be more willing since I really feel a product as
sophisticated (...) as our beloved cvrpg comics should somehow be rewarding to the author, as well.
I seldomly get paid for playing gigs in Berlin, for example, and generally feel that

a) it's possible these days to distribute one's intellectual creations around the globe very fastly but
b) due to over-supply in webcomics, amateur bands etc., one cannot seriously expect people to help
you producing the comics/sounds they are enjoying enough to visit a webpage times and times again.

So what do you think  - should cvrpg become pay-per-click, or should D'Moon give up the fundraising business an concentrate drawing the comics?

GabrielsThoughts

I think Darkmoon should do whatever he wants.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

Darkmoon's staying out of this for the time being.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Nimrods Son

(sigh) there goes my latest effort to make the world a little worse :zombiekun2

Darkmoon

Hey, you're welcome to discuss it. I'm just saying I think it's best for me to simply read this thread and not participate.

Nimrods Son

I think it'd be fair to make the backstories pay-per view;
or pay-per-download. A nice pdf set 'd be something even I would be willing to pay for.
Though Konami'd kick everyone's ass. :mowdizzy

Destina Faroda

Quote from: Angantyr on June 19, 2008, 10:29:40 AM
So what do you think  - should cvrpg become pay-per-click, or should D'Moon give up the fundraising business an concentrate drawing the comics?

To ensure my ability to continue to post here, I won't answer the question, but I'm confused about what you are asking.  Are you asking whether another method of generating money should be used or none at all?
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I think that's his question. He's wondering if I should do more to do fund raising, I guess out of fear that I may quit doing the comic?

Nimrods Son

I have the feeling you wouldn't even stop doing the comic if the reader counter broke down.
I meant to think-in-public about why donations don't occur too often, and whether there'd be options to increase monetary "feedback" for D'Moon, or none at all.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Angantyr on June 25, 2008, 05:05:23 AM
I have the feeling you wouldn't even stop doing the comic if the reader counter broke down.

Heh, yeah, that's the truth.

Nimrods Son