RIP Jessie Sheppard...

Started by Paladin Sheppard, February 02, 2008, 01:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

Today I took my dog Jessie to the vets to be cremated. She has been with my family for 15 years but was always considered mine, as she followed me round since a young age and slept on my bed almost from day one.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/PaladinSheppard/CIMG0017.jpg

I took this photo about a year ago when I brought Jess to my unit to take care of her when my folks were away for a weekend.

While old she still could run around the house like a mad nut. She Was a little blind and deaf but still functional enjoyed walks even though we had to carry her home if it was a long one...

She died in her favorite spot in the garden where she sometimes went to sleep.

Bye Jessie I'm gonna miss you...  :cry

techmaster-glitch

I feel for you, Paladin. My family had a dog too, some years ago. She was a black labrador/dalmatian mix, and was a very nice dog. One night, she went to sleep, and didn't wake up.

Losing a pet is a sad time. I offer my condolences. Remember the good times you had with her.

WhiteFox

I have seen grown men cry over the loss of their dog. And I do not blame them.

My condolences to you as well.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

RJ

Oh she was so cute. I'm so sorry she's gone. But... I'm sure she loved every single moment of being with you.  :hug

Paladin Sheppard

Gabi

I'm sorry for your loss, Pal. At least she had a good life.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Oh, now that is sad.  15 is pretty good innings, though - I don't think Lucy quite made that.
The thread title scared me though, I was afraid it was going to be your mother or sister or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

I like to think she had a good life  :)

And sorry JP didn't mean to.