[Art] First Drawing in a LOOOONG time

Started by techmaster-glitch, August 29, 2007, 09:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuyudenki

http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial.html here are the tutorials where I got my start.

Actually, if you look at the "how to draw an eye" tutorial, you should notice that mine is basically an animated version of hers.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Raist on September 08, 2007, 04:30:53 PM
http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial.html here are the tutorials where I got my start.

Actually, if you look at the "how to draw an eye" tutorial, you should notice that mine is basically an animated version of hers.

Simply wonderful, Raist. You are a master of resourcefulness :bow

Sienna Maiu - M T

I used that site once...
It wasn't very well set-up for printing. In the end I only used the chibi tutorial (which I still can't draw)

EDIT: hmm... I can't actually find that tut, so maybe it wasn't off of this site.
But I've certainly (attempted to) used it in the past.

Fuyudenki

All it takes is knowing where to look.  There's one resource I can't just hand you, though.  I first stumbled upon that site roughly four years ago, and I've still got a very long ways to go.(clearly!)

There is no substitute for practice.  Literally, years of practice, hundreds and hundreds of sketches, drawings, and scribbles, and remember to ALWAYS go back to reference pictures.

For example, I like to draw pictures of attractive women.

Guess what I use for reference.:grin

almost as good as the Programmer's universal excuse, "My code's compiling."

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Raist on September 08, 2007, 04:47:11 PM
All it takes is knowing where to look.  There's one resource I can't just hand you, though.  I first stumbled upon that site roughly four years ago, and I've still got a very long ways to go.(clearly!)

There is no substitute for practice.  Literally, years of practice, hundreds and hundreds of sketches, drawings, and scribbles, and remember to ALWAYS go back to reference pictures.

I know. I don't really intend on being uber-good though, I just thought that drawing might be a nice hobby to get back into. Thanks for the advice :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk*

Might I suggest -also- drawing pictures of attractive women with their clothes -on-? If you do that, you'll get more sympathy with your excuses... particularly if you can get the clothed versions looking good, but the unclothed one having flaws - and focus on the areas with the flaws sometimes.

That'll give you a folder full of close ups of hands, sketches of feet in particular shapes, etc, as well as well-drawn clothed women, and some naked-or-nearly-so women who aren't drawn as well.

Then all you've got to do is hide the well-drawn naked women, and you're set. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 09, 2007, 11:51:41 AM

*snerk*

Might I suggest -also- drawing pictures of attractive women with their clothes -on-?

Yeah.  Naked people are visually boring.  Clothing adds things to break up the outline and fill in the blank space.

Angel

Ohmagawd, your hero dresses like Satan!  :U
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 08, 2007, 04:27:26 PM
Yes, we'll make a killing.

(There shall be enough money for my amazing 'take-over the world scheme', but I just can never seem to get enough cookies)
:mowcookie

(can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.)

*sings*
My evil plan to save the world
just you wait 'till it's unfurled
it'll go down in history
it's prophetic
no, it's not pathetic
I can't believe I made it up myself

-Five Iron Frenzy, My Evil Plan to Save The World

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Black_angel on September 09, 2007, 04:40:33 PM
Ohmagawd, your hero dresses like Satan!  :U

I don't believe in Satan, har har :mowgrin

nikename2

Hehe, I'd put up a thumbnail myself of my character, but I can't draw.  :sweatdrop

Curse these hands they weren't meant to create, they can only destroy!!

But yeah it reminds me alot of those sith lord bodyguards, like the ones you see in the emperors room on the death star in VI and they probably show up elsewhere too, except your guy took off that bizarre helmet.

techmaster-glitch

Just popping in to say, I've finally started working on my next drawing (Quaddle action pose), just because I copuldn't get the damn idea out of my head. But that's probably the last thing I'll do with Quaddle, then I'll move on to other things.
I'll post something when I get my compy working up. Still not gonna be around much until Tuesday, probably.

Sienna Maiu - M T

techmaster-glitch

Alrighties! Now that I'm back, I'll put up my work in progr...

Hey, what the ****? my scanner isn't working!
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
:cry

I'll try again tomorrow... :<

Sienna Maiu - M T

Good Luck! :)

(I'm trying to get my scanner to work too... :< )

techmaster-glitch