some car insurance companies are ridiculous.

Started by GabrielsThoughts, January 22, 2007, 09:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

my sister recently was in an automobile accident that was her fault and  the insurance company is actually going to lower her insurance rate instead of increase it because of some B.S, astrology study that has determined that Leo's and Aquariuses are "safer drivers". what's worse is my sister proposed getting in another accident to see if they would lower it even more.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

bill

Please give me the name of this company that gives low rates to Aquariuses, I need all the discount I can get.

Aridas

Anyone going by astrology BS needs a kick in the head, especially about business matters.

xHaZxMaTx

Reese Tora

I'm technically a Leo :3 (yeah, Virgo, but I was born when the sun was in Leo, so :P )

I think I'd rather stick with a company that had intelegent people working for them, and a record of providing quality member service.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

GabrielsThoughts

after typing in astrology and safe driving in yahoo to find the study I came across this...

driver Karma

... odd, as a picies I'm more of a cautious driver than an unsafe one
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*shrug* insurance companies go by statistics, not by whether or not the idea is silly.

On a personal basis, yes, deciding what I'm going to do based on my star sign -is- ridiculous. On a "me and 20,000 other people in my star sign" basis, it -does- actually work. And since the insurance company is working on the latter basis - they're happy to lose money on me, if they can make it back tenfold or more on the other 50 people in my star sign who are signed up with them - it makes sense for them to look into whatever they can to reduce their premiums.

And since everyone goes for the cheapest to them, it's a starting point...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 23, 2007, 04:26:22 AM
*shrug* insurance companies go by statistics, not by whether or not the idea is silly.

On a personal basis, yes, deciding what I'm going to do based on my star sign -is- ridiculous. On a "me and 20,000 other people in my star sign" basis, it -does- actually work. And since the insurance company is working on the latter basis - they're happy to lose money on me, if they can make it back tenfold or more on the other 50 people in my star sign who are signed up with them - it makes sense for them to look into whatever they can to reduce their premiums.

And since everyone goes for the cheapest to them, it's a starting point...

Not to doubt you or anything, but this sounds interesting enough that I'd like to see research done on it. Got any links?
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

llearch n'n'daCorna

You're welcome to doubt me :-)

Other than GT's link, and google, no, I don't have any handy links.

It's reading between the lines and planned cynicism, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears