Need your morning caffine but hate coffee?

Started by thegayhare, January 27, 2007, 09:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

QuoteScientist develops caffeinated doughnuts

DURHAM. N.C. - That cup of coffee just not getting it done anymore? How about a Buzz Donut or a Buzzed Bagel? That's what Doctor Robert Bohannon, a Durham, North Carolina, molecular scientist, has come up with. Bohannon says he's developed a way to add caffeine to baked goods, without the bitter taste of caffeine. Each piece of pastry is the equivalent of about two cups of coffee.
ADVERTISEMENT

While the product is not on the market yet, Bohannon has approached some heavyweight companies, including Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks about carrying it.

Turnsky

given that caffeinated mints exist, i'm not entirely surprised at this culinary development.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kenji

And people couldn't just drink "hot chocolate", you know the tastier equivalent to coffee, instead of creating these "miraculous breakthroughs"? >.>

Just like the scientists who put forth money to find out that people who walk places instead of drive lose weight?
And about 4-5 years ago, found out that sugar prevents you from losing weight, yet my grandma's known about it since decades ago?

Kasarn

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

Aisha deCabre

Psh, caffeine doughnuts...why ruin a perfectly good doughnut?

If one needs to stay awake without drinking coffee, have some gum on hand...nice, heavily minted gum.  It works a little for me...I figure the principle is that if your muscles are working, even when chewing on something, it helps.

Haha, I'd also recommend Mountain Dew if the soda didn't go through you like crazy...   :rolleyes  'Course, I'm still just a big kid.  I've never had coffee.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Well, I for one drink coffee, but not regularly, since I'm more for tea. If I really want to get going, I usually down a Red Bull or two. Of course, some might argue that tastes worse than just coffee, but... screw them. Red Bull and Jägermeister is the shit!

If you want to stay awake, I'd recommend tea, chronic crazy ideas and pushups. It's fun!

Zedd

ANd slite not..The hotcoco is for the babies ja?

GabrielsThoughts

um...not to sound arrogant, but didn't they discover the method of placing cafine in baked goods when they developed chocolate doughnuts?

edit: Chocolate cake is another debatable Cafine booster
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 27, 2007, 11:55:27 PMedit: Chocolate cake is another debatable Cafine booster

One problem.  As Bill Cosby found out, you can't have chocolate cake for breakfast.

Fried cake with butter and condensed sugar syrup though...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Melpomene

One, I hate donuts. The ones at Krispy Kreme give me a rash...

Two, if I need caffiene, I mix Coca Cola with RockStar. >.>

Sirius Griffon

Coke with Rockstar... *Giggles* Shall have to try that one day!

Personally, I agree with the hot chocolate idea... or lots of soda. Mmmm... soda. The tastier alternative to coffee.

Wouldnt it really not matter if the donuts had caffiene if the caffiene was tasteless though? o.O

xHaZxMaTx

I don't think caffeine dependence is a good thing, anyway.

Melpomene

Well, it probably isn't, HaZ, but... I doubt people really think about what's good for them anymore >.>

Quote from: Sirius Griffon on January 28, 2007, 01:57:54 AM
Coke with Rockstar... *Giggles* Shall have to try that one day!

It has a very serious buzz. Remeber; sip! It'll make you gag if you drink an average or more amount at a time. XD;

Sirius Griffon

Sadly no, but caffiene reeeeally helps if you have a 6 AM shift. And Ill have to remember that cause gaggingsounds no fun x-x;;;

Valynth

Phe, caffiene, I'm around caffiene so much that I can drink five energy drinks with almost no effects.  And caffiene was 60% of the mixture!  The another 35% was sugar.

Note:  this is based on actual data.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Brunhidden

sometime go to your local grocer and find the water section. theres a product called 'water joe'. its water, with caffene in it. freaky innit? as if that werent enough i know of some people who buy this and use it to make thier coffee every morning, for that eeEeeEXXXtra perk in the morning.

if a pick me up is that critical just buy a bag of chocolate covered espresso beans and say goodbye to blinking for me.

also keep an eye out, next to the crystal light is a caffenated morning beverage mix of a variety of flavors, and there is now also gatorade AM to "replace the vital fluids lost when you sleep"

yeah, when zedd told me about the AM stuff and showed me a clip from conan obrien i just had to go out and buy some. its cheap, tasty, and i KNOW that many of you are already thinking a joke about the loss of fluids during sleep. its not my fault i get swetty at night.....

QuoteExperience consists of experiencing that which one does not wish to experience
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.