Guess what? Another newbie.

Started by Farinata, December 16, 2006, 05:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farinata

Yes indeed, newbies are descending upon you like the plague arrows of Apollo (which makes me sound smart and snooty all at the same time!).

It actually goes against my better judgment to make an introduction thread, but here goes anyway...

Name: Farinata degli Uberti [No. Not my real name. Are you a stalker or something?]
Relationship Status: Uh... it's complicated, okay?
Location: 6th Circle of Hell, also known as the American Midwest.

Occupation: Graduate student, though I have long since passed the point where I did typical "student stuff." I also work part time as a content editor/proofreader for the publishing area of one of my university's departments (which I don't really understand as my own writing stinks).

Interests: Everything. However, I concentrate on drawing, calligraphy, traveling (when I can), playing games, talking to people, and reading. I love reading... usually I will just pick a random subject and read about it for a month or so before moving on to something else.

I think I am pretty ordinary, only slightly insane and I do a decent job of hiding it. You can trust me.

I joined the forum because I like DMFA and I though the community seemed interesting, I can always use a new distraction from the work I'm supposed to be doing on the computer.

I am happy to answer any of the zero questions I foresee coming my way.  :)

xHaZxMaTx

*Waves.* Hello! :)  Welcome to our insane humble little corner of the internet.  I see someone has already attacked your drediels.  Let me help you with that.

Zedd

Hey its always nice to see a new face

Damaris

ahh, a fellow midwesterner.  What part of hell are you from?  (we're central indiana)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Dakata

Hi newbie! :3 Watch out for boxes that tell you to watch out for things that tell you to watch out for other things. And -don't- watch out for me! I'm harmless! Really! :3

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 16, 2006, 05:22:21 PMI see someone has already attacked your drediels.
That was me. >:3

Farinata

Quote from: Damaris on December 16, 2006, 05:30:05 PM
ahh, a fellow midwesterner.  What part of hell are you from?  (we're central indiana)

Misery... I mean, Missouri. I'm actually not that familiar with Indiana, I go through the southern part sometimes on my way to Cincinnati (via Louisville) but I rarely stop. :)

Quote from: Dakata on December 16, 2006, 05:34:00 PM
Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 16, 2006, 05:22:21 PMI see someone has already attacked your drediels.
That was me. >:3

My poor drediels....  :<

Cogidubnus

Welcome! The more half-sane people we get on this forum, the more room we have for the all-insane ones! :)

Have a nice stay.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Farinata on December 16, 2006, 05:04:42 PM
I joined the forum because I like DMFA and I though the community seemed interesting, I can always use a new distraction from the work I'm supposed to be doing on the computer.
..and that's how I've clocked up such an obscene number of days spent here.  Seriously.. I refresh the page every time I run a compilation at work or something else which would require me to sit around and wait for it to do its stuff.

If you've got a furry-type character who would fit into the DMFA universe, it would be nice if you could add them to the census.. otherwise, don't bother :P

Oh, and thanks for your kind words about the CJP.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

You know, I do much the same, and yet, I still have nothing like the same time.

Wierd. I'm wondering, idly, if there's something about my usual reading habits that confuses the poor monitor :-)

Oh, and watch out for people telling you to watch out for things. They probably have a point....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Faerie Alex

And watch out for people saying paradoxical things to you. :)
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Eibborn

Quote from: Farinata on December 16, 2006, 05:04:42 PM
That's a nice way of putting it.  >:3 "Interesting" Welcome in! Have a wonderful new virtual pointy stick, with which to fend off the scarier of the forumites. And enjoy your stay.
/kicks the internet over

LionHeart

*appears in a flash of blue light*

Another newbie? Where are they all coming from?

*ahem*

HI! Welcome to this refuge of strangeness.

Leave your remaining sanity (if any) at the door, in the secure storage provided, and hang on to your claim ticket if you want it back. Any un-accounted-for sanity may be sold on eBay at the beginning of the new year.

Beware of boxes who tell you to watch out for others, squirrel-borne muffins, and anyone who tells you to disregard these warnings.

Have a welcome gift. *gives the new person a souvenir coffee mug*

Enjoy the insanity your stay.

*waves, and vanishes in a swirl of coloured lights*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Suwako

Hi, welcome and stuff....  :)

I'm aiyno wolf but that should be obvious seeing it is my name and it is displayed above my avatar. Hope you will be entertained with us while at work.  >:3

Stygian

Hm. No wonder I haven't seen you around. I mostly frequent the fifth and eighth circles. But anyhow... I was not aware that the heretics lived in the midwest. I suppose that's why we see some certain ministers becoming as they are... *Dante reference*

Welcome! I am, quite obviously, Stygian. I have observed your sense of humour, which hopefully is what sense that remains in your system, and I am pleased. Now, you enjoy your time here and don't start encroaching upon my status as resident weirdo intellectual too much, and we'll all get along nicely.

Now, have either some hallucinogenic brownies, some belting or some sodomy. Or better yet, have all! It's on the house!