2019/10/17 [RE 64.13] Dying sucks

Started by Tapewolf, October 17, 2019, 09:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

So far, so good.  Though I'm kind of concerned about the fact that Mwali had a coffin ready and waiting for Loki to peg it.
Talking of Mwali, this is going to make so many awkward conversations.  Especially when Loki returns to her house.
I'm also reminded of the ending of The Hobbit where Bilbo comes back to find that half his possessions have been auctioned off because everyone assumed he was dead.  So I'd hope they can set the record straight before Mwali starts tidying the place up.

EDIT: Is "what the hell" because her light power marking is gone?  That's going to make for some even more awkward conversations...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Let's hope Loki doesn't end up having to purchase her belongings back like Bilbo did.

Mork

hopefully it only been a day or two. can you become a light power a second time or why not a dark power this time.

InhumanInterest

There's so much I want to say about this comic, but I also don't want to babble, so top two.

At the least the coffin looks like a cheap and simple board model that might've been bought off-the-rack, so to speak, instead of being custom made. So maybe Mwali was just a really quick shopper instead of being eerily prepared for Loki's death, maybe.

Also, now that there's three(4?) of them maybe the school can make some kind of after-school club for people who've died once. They could have a tree fort and cookies. Maybe call it the "Death Sucks Club" or the "The Reaper is Kind of a Jerk Club."

Puyon

I think it would be best if Mwali were prepared since the curse could have got her at any moment.
But also she couldn't afford a headstone in time so maybe it was last minute.

Quote from: Mork on October 17, 2019, 12:33:07 PM
can you become a light power a second time or why not a dark power this time.

I swear to god this will be the first thing Mort days when he sees Loki again.
...By Puyon

InhumanInterest

And I actually think it's a pretty valid point. Clearly being a light power doesn't do a whole lot by itself to deter the curse. Even if Loki doesn't become one herself getting the assistance of a dark power really seems like it might help.

Tapewolf

Quote from: InhumanInterest on October 17, 2019, 04:01:53 PM
Clearly being a light power doesn't do a whole lot by itself to deter the curse. Even if Loki doesn't become one herself getting the assistance of a dark power really seems like it might help.

If Loki did become a dark power, it would really be a way to stick it to her cranky ancestors.  Though that is likely to upset her father and grandfather as well.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

InhumanInterest

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 17, 2019, 04:05:47 PM
If Loki did become a dark power, it would really be a way to stick it to her cranky ancestors.  Though that is likely to upset her father and grandfather as well.

That is a pretty hard balance to weigh. It's why I think working with a dark power might be better. It would still annoy the cranky ancestors and I think it would be less likely to upset her father and grandfather.

Merlin

You can kiiiiinda see the coffin on a previous page, it's the box she arrived in from Gardelvia (courtesy of the death temple there)

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 17, 2019, 04:05:47 PM
Quote from: InhumanInterest on October 17, 2019, 04:01:53 PM
Clearly being a light power doesn't do a whole lot by itself to deter the curse. Even if Loki doesn't become one herself getting the assistance of a dark power really seems like it might help.

That seems like a bonus

Puyon

Loki wants to complain about dying to Saturn, but like. Saturn has probably died 15 times at least.
...By Puyon