Darling Doggy

Started by Dishonored, January 26, 2015, 11:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dishonored

Okay, most of you know me as the Crazy Cat Guy, but in truth I love all animals. Case in point: I just got a new puppy!

Her name is Chiana, and she's a German Shepherd/God knows what mix. Her parents both look like Shepherds, but the owners claim wolf in the ancestry. Like everyone else does.

Oh, did someone ask for pictures?  :)

Nameless the cat is her best friend already.

Out cold after a long play with Nameless.

She's already coming to her name, on the shaky road to potty training, and giving my cats something new to play with. Oddly enough, they all love her.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Yay, you got us a new toy!" ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

She's so cute! Congratulations!

And it's possible that all dogs have wolves in their ancestry.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Dishonored

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 26, 2015, 01:30:44 PM
"Yay, you got us a new toy!" ?

Pretty much. A couple aren't so thrilled by her, but Doc and Nameless just accept her as a new playmate.

Quote from: Gabi on January 31, 2015, 06:30:52 PM
She's so cute! Congratulations!

And it's possible that all dogs have wolves in their ancestry.

Thank you! And yes, I knew that, but here on the reservation any female dog that gets impregnated by an unknown male is "half-wolf". Even a Chihuahua. It's a macho BS thing locally.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Gabi

So basically wolf=stray dog in reservation jargon?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Dishonored

Pretty much, although it's also an ego thing. I've had people tell me how big and bad and dangerous their "half-wolf" was, only to have them carry this ugly little terrier-looking mutt up to me.  :rolleyes

Most of the Native Americans around here treat their dogs abysmally, letting them run loose and starving. On a nearby reservation just earlier this winter a pack of them killed a little girl who was out sledding. They're less wolves so much as just very hungry feral dogs.

Thankfully Chiana had a good start, and is going to have a pretty easy life on her hands.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*sigh* Morons are morons, no matter where they are. :-(

I'm glad to know, at least, that you're somewhat more responsible towards your pets.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears