2024-10-02 - DMFA #2137 - Of rocks and organised crime

Started by Tapewolf, October 03, 2024, 06:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, for those wondering, there you have it.  I'm a little surprised at how Pyroduck didn't already know this since IIRC he latched onto them while wandering around inside actual mob territory.

But that might be a flexi-canon thing, or one of those situations where having a dragon tail makes other people suddenly stop seeing you as a potential mark.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Glenn Griffon

So Wildy is just as much as a mafioso as her brother?
I feel like I should be surprised and yet...

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on October 03, 2024, 03:36:38 PMSo Wildy is just as much as a mafioso as her brother?
I feel like I should be surprised and yet...

The mafia does tend to be a family affair.

Cassi-kun

I'm curious now as to whether this is how Mab began making friends in Furrae, by meeting Wildy during said rock eating, or if there were some other Fae type of decision making
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Radagast

Quote from: Cassi-kun on October 04, 2024, 07:16:08 PMI'm curious now as to whether this is how Mab began making friends in Furrae, by meeting Wildy during said rock eating, or if there were some other Fae type of decision making

I mean...she is Fae and therefore a creature of chaos who by her own account is "as close to being a river as [she is] close to being mortal". We'd probably have as much luck guessing at the underlying motive for her actions as we would for Sheogorath. Any given act could just as easily be her doing something random for giggles as it could be the genius machination of someone playing quantum chess with Furrae's inhabitants.
Hand me my snorkel!  I'm diving back into the archives!

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Radagast on October 05, 2024, 11:47:01 PMAny given act could just as easily be her doing something random for giggles as it could be the genius machination of someone playing quantum chess with Furrae's inhabitants.
Heh, fair point.

Lemme see if I can work out the timeline a bit...

Wildy seems to have met her first, which means she likely met Biggs shortly after. Dan was likely soon to follow as that's around the same age Wildy met him, too. Jyrras came years later, though, as Dan met him in high school(?). This just leaves the fifth friend, implied in the Welcome to SAIA / Let's Rescue Dan plotline to be Fa'Lina, but iirc Amber stated that this was a time travel plotline that they later decided against, so it could still be almost anyone.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!