2024-09-25 - DMFA #2136 - Must have been one hell of a mother-daughter talk

Started by VAE, September 25, 2024, 03:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

I'll restate it here - Dan and Alexsi kittens are absolutely adorable. Also, Alexsi's grandmother sounds like a truly wonderful person to extend her grudge to the grandkids, especially when both parents have disappeared from her life. Reminds me of my great grandmother, really ^^;.

Destania keeps justifying being one of my favourite DMFA characters - while she definitely has deep flaws, she's not a card carrying villain, and much as, even IRL, nobody is so saintly you can't find one person to feel they're an asshole (and often enough be completely honest, from their POV at least), few people are so awful that you can't find someone that thinks they're the best person ever. Certainly true for a host of IRL mobsters here - in some cases, interviewing their family and even village people, you'd think that the recently deceased (or recently arrested in some cases) was Rule 63'd Mother Theresa.

Also, great work adapting to the new art program, Ambargh!  - by now the difference in quality is negligible (in fact, I prefer the new style some)... and you aren't a hostage to Adobe anymore, which is wonderful by itself.

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Starcat5

Alexsi is going to be so heartbroken when she finds out she was disowned.  :crying
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Glenn Griffon

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Starcat5

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on September 28, 2024, 09:49:52 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 28, 2024, 07:13:05 PM
Quote from: Glenn Griffon on September 28, 2024, 01:51:06 PMHave i missed something? What were Destania's mafia ties?

Biggs,I suspect.

He certainly has the demeanor for it.

Nah. I figure this goes back a few generations. The way Wildy and Biggs talk about "Dear Old Dad", it screams Mob Family. One that Dee has had close ties to for a while.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Glenn Griffon

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on September 28, 2024, 01:51:06 PMHave i missed something? What were Destania's mafia ties?

Biggs,I suspect.

Ah right.
Quote from: Starcat5 on September 29, 2024, 09:39:25 AM

Biggs,I suspect.

Nah. I figure this goes back a few generations. The way Wildy and Biggs talk about "Dear Old Dad", it screams Mob Family. One that Dee has had close ties to for a while.
It would explain how she got to working with Biggs.

Also I can't believe I forgot how much of a mafioso Biggs really is when you get down to it.