2023/18/02 [ZTAT Chapter 1] The Troubleshooting Blues

Started by ProfesseurRenard, February 18, 2023, 01:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfesseurRenard

Zeta Takes a Trip- page 1: http://www.projectfuturecomic.com/zeta.php?strip=08-01

Having issues with the tech, eh, Zeta? I can get frustrated when my phone or computer does things I don't tell it to as well. Especially the YouTube app, which absolutely insists upon exiting out even though I was only away for seven sodding seconds!

Naldru

Of course, my first question would be the computer language being used (first gut feel is JavaScript/ECMAScript) and line of code that is creating the error.  Then I would have to check whether STRING should be in double quotes.  It could be one of  those languages where there is a variable of type "STRING" that is not a subtype of  the STRING type.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Infranscia

That first page is definitely a programmer mood. ='D

...That surname for Zeta. XDD

Ooh!  Noticing that appears to be a fancy mouse character!   Or possibly a fancy dumbo* rat! :mowhappy

(*"Dumbo" is an affectionate term for rats with larger ears on the sides of their head.  Trust me.  I have two dumbo rats, myself, and it's the term the rat-lover community in general uses.

Hope I didn't have to explain, but I'm always paranoid of these things. ^_^; )
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Merlin

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Infranscia on March 18, 2023, 03:31:02 AM

*"Dumbo" is an affectionate term for rats with larger ears on the sides of their head.

I'm guessing the nickname is borrowed from a certain elephant?

Starcat5

1-05 - I guess Zeta couldn't run from their past forever

"Gondor calls for aid!" "Tell them they got the wrong number."

But still, with a name like U'mbra, you have my attention.  :3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on April 21, 2023, 10:39:20 PM

I'll be very amused if it has a rivalry with the Kingdom of Lu'men.

Starcat5

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on April 22, 2023, 03:21:16 AM
Quote from: Starcat5 on April 21, 2023, 10:39:20 PM

I'll be very amused if it has a rivalry with the Kingdom of Lu'men.

Maybe a friendly sibling-state rivalry. You know, like sister-cities, but scaled up. Always trying to outdo each other in the Public Works department, but will go to bat if something threatens the other. Be it sending the Furrae (sp?) equivalent of "Humanitarian Relief", or sending troops to quell an invading force.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Starcat5

1-08 - "But what stupid individual can we get for a suicidal folly such as this...?"

5:30pm CST: Image appears to be broken. At least on my phone.
11:00pm CST: Works on desktop.

Tapewolf

Yes, I uploaded things in the wrong order, but it shouldn't have been more than 5 minutes before it was fixed.

For those wondering, today's tagline came from the Delta-4 adventure "Bored of the Rings" (some of which was based on the Harvard Lampoon novel, but I forget how much).

At this point, Fordo noticed:
his uncle Bimbo
Grandalf

As he entered, Fordo heard the end of a conversation between the old wizard and his uncle.

"...And so we'll need to get some dense lemming to take it and dump it where old Eyeball can't get it." said Grandalf.
"But what stupid individual can we get for a suicidal folly such as this..."  Bimbo stopped.  They both looked at Fordo.

What was he do to?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E