2022/07/11 [Xer Chapter 7] Xer, discussing unions

Started by Raskahn, July 11, 2022, 07:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raskahn

"normal" working hours are so important. I can't help but feel that Tape had to put up with some BS in his years in the work force regarding this topic for it to play a role in his stories. Having recently migrated to Sweden where they really focus on the work/private time balance I can say that it is worth joining a union for.  :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raskahn on July 11, 2022, 07:21:08 PM
"normal" working hours are so important. I can't help but feel that Tape had to put up with some BS in his years in the work force regarding this topic for it to play a role in his stories. Having recently migrated to Sweden where they really focus on the work/private time balance I can say that it is worth joining a union for.  :)

Yes, from about 2015-2017 it was nightmare.

However, my motivation here was more about fleshing out that the panthers are people rather than drones.  So the question of working conditions does come up.
I'd rather like to do a filler page showing the panther break room, but that looks to be more effort than most of the comic pages.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 12, 2022, 07:06:01 AM
My motivation here was more about fleshing out that the panthers are people rather than drones.

I'm going to have to say that you've already done a steller job so far, the panthers are well established and the latest short drove the point home especially well in my opinion.  :)