Strip updates, news etc

Started by Tapewolf, February 06, 2009, 02:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

2009/09/04

You are reading page 77 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Finally, our evil plan to update on schedule has worked. I guess we'll see if this is a one-off, or whether we can keep it going that way.
Next week will see the end of this chapter, and fingers crossed, chapter 10 will feature a guest flashback. But that will be some weeks off yet.
For now, see you next friday (or whenever).

Meanwhile, our side-story, A Walk in the Woods should update next week.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

2009/09/11

You are reading page 78 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

The wheels nearly came off our update schedule thing, but we got there in the end, bringing this chapter to an end with it. With luck we'll have the first part of chapter 10 next friday, but a lot depends on both Ren and myself being able to manage it, since I'll be away one of the critical days in the schedule.

Our side-story, A Walk in the Woods has updated, the concluding episode should appear in two weeks' time.

(P.S. Never colour a comic about someone's dead father while listening to 'A Nightmare To Remember' by Dream Theater.)

Tapewolf

2009/09/19
You are reading page 79 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Well, we blew it this time. Most of it was my fault, I pushed Ren a bit too hard over some filler for Christmas, and as a result we overran. It's nice filler, though.

To finish things off I was too tired to finish colouring, and so the strip was delayed until morning. Hopefully we should do better next week.

In other news, our side-story, A Walk in the Woods concludes next Friday.

Tapewolf

2009/09/25
You are still reading page 79 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Dammit, things have gone wrong again. Firstly, we were liable to be late anyway this week because I have a busy Friday evening/early Saturday schedule.
However, Ren seems to have disappeared again. If his internet connection has gone down we might not be updating for a number of days.

However, we do now have the concluding part of our side-story, A Walk in the Woods.  Hopefully that should keep people ticking over.
We are going to be running another backstory, but there may be a gap before it starts, that's still up in the air.

Either way, hopefully I'll have the new strip up sooner rather than later.

Tapewolf

Oops, missed a few.

2009/10/16

You are (still) reading page 82 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Most of the artwork is in place now and we'll be updating tomorrow even if I have to draw the last panel myself.
I hope you'll find it was worth the wait and all the pain and suffering on both sides that went into making this possible. Yes, it is kind of dark, but it does get better.

Meanwhile, we have the first part of our new miniseries, 'Strange Bedfellows'. This will be somewhat more lighthearted than Simeon's story and I hope you enjoy it. As with the previous backstory, we'll be updating every two weeks. And now I must go colour some more filler as I suspect we'll be needing it soon.

Tapewolf

2009/10/24
You are reading page 84 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

We had a few problems, Ren having art-block and the fact I'll be away this weekend at my brother's wedding. Hence, the comic is only half-done. Bonus points if you can spot where I lifted the missing panels from.

With luck we'll have the final version of this ready Monday night. See you around.

Meanwhile our new miniseries, 'Strange Bedfellows' continues next week.

Tapewolf

2009/11/01
You are reading page 85 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Ren's been sick most of the week, hence the strip has been a few days late. Hopefully I'll be able to update page 84 as well soon, but that depends on how Ren is.

Next week we'll probably run some filler as we're going to dive straight into the guest-art next chapter and AFAIK it's not ready yet.

Either way, Strange Bedfellows has updated. Hope you enjoy it. In addition, I've finally remembered to add 'Walk in the Woods' to the archives.

Tapewolf

2009/11/06

You are reading page 86 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

This is a scheduled break between chapters to give our guest artist time to get things together, fingers crossed we'll be starting chapter 11 next week. In the meantime, I'm adding chapter 10 to the archives.

'Strange Bedfellows' updates next week.

Tapewolf

2009/11/20
You are reading page 87 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Okay, things are still crocked with the guest art. I'm going to run this as filler for now, and then we'll continue next week, barring some further misfortune.
To give Kipiru et al time to recover I've decided to reorder the chapter so the flashback comes later. Wish us luck.

In principle, 'Strange Bedfellows' updates next week. In practice, we'll have to see.

Tapewolf

2009/11/29

You are reading page 88 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

November has sucked. Now that Ren's back online after a hardware fault we should be up and running again. The guest flashback is still crocked though because we have no idea what's happened to Kipiru and I'm started to get rather concerned. Needless to say, 'Strange Bedfellows' is on hiatus until he returns.

But at least Ren's okay, and Keaton is improving.

Tapewolf

2009/12/05
You are reading page 89 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Slightly late, but better late than never. I blame the last panel.

Okay. Ren is back, as mentioned before. Kipiru has sort-of returned, apparently he had a flu so bad that it incapacitated him for about a month, but fingers crossed he has beaten it this time. Hopefully we'll be continuing Strange Bedfellows fairly soon.

Tapewolf

Early update for you.  Terse rant as I was writing this on a remote machine with a 10 second lag.  Yuck.

2009/12/18
You are reading page 91 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Finally, like, about 2 months late, we are now running the guest flashback. Hope you like it.

With luck we will be resuming 'strange bedfellows' shortly, but we'll have to see. Either way, expect an update on or around Christmas.

Tapewolf

[Missed the rant for strips 92 and 93.  If anyone has a copy..?
Strips 94 and 95 were filler.]

2010/01/09

You are reading page 96 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

We were a little delayed on that, owing to Orthodox Christmas, Ren being sucked into a couple of RPs, and myself being too tired to finish the strip last night. I think taking a break was the best course of action, all things considered.

In other news, no word from Kipiru yet. Fingers crossed that he'll be back with us soon...

Tapewolf

2010/01/16

You are reading page 97 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Well, we're pretty late on this one, but hopefully you can see why. It's taken about 6 days of work to pull off and I hope you enjoy it.
Dorcan is about 19 in this flashback. Next week we'll hopefully update at a more sensible time...

In other news, no word from Kipiru yet. Fingers crossed that he'll be back with us soon...

Tapewolf

2010/01/22

You are reading page 98 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Running a bit late again owing to some complex video effects and other fine tuning. Thanks again to RJ for the loan of her character.

In other news, still no word from Kipiru yet, though word is he is still alive. Fingers crossed that he'll be back with us soon, otherwise we will have a bit of a problem.

Tapewolf

2010/01/30

You are reading page 99 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Later than I would have liked - usually it takes 6 hours to colour the comic, I had 4 hours to do it last night owing to various factors including Ren being mobbed on IM and therefore unable to work on it. So I had to call it a night and finish it today. Hope it's worth the wait.

No sign of Kipiru, unfortunately. I might have to think about finding another artist for the backstories.

Tapewolf

2010/02/05
You are reading page 100 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

There is nothing very special about this strip.
I actually did fairly well for time in colouring this one, but not as well as I would have liked since we spotted a problem with this and the previous strip as well that had to be fixed. And this has made me see various other little inconsistencies which I'll fix tomorrow when I'm in a more patient mood and the comic isn't two and a half hours late.

Anyway, we'll see how things go next week.

Still no sign of Kipiru, unfortunately. I might have to think about finding another artist for the backstories.

Tapewolf

2010/02/14

Oh hello, my name's Keaton. I'm the owner of that slice of gorgeousness you see on the above comic page. Tapewolf wasn't able to write the rant because he's off being unconscious.

Get out, get out of it!

You are reading page 101 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Ren had internet problems, I didn't get the page until about 6 hours ago. Well worth the wait, though. Or at least, I think so.

Thanks to Keaton for the title.

Must sleep now. Gluuueee!

Tapewolf

2010/02/20
You are reading page 102 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

We ran a bit late on this owing to Ren getting a cold and being thrown off schedule, and myself being a bit distracted by other things that night.
Hope it was worth the wait. Next week we'll be concluding episode 12 and after that a new arc begins.

Still no word on when Strange Bedfellows will be returning, but one way or another, it will return. Probably with a different artist, though.

On another note, people might find this of interest:
Niall doing his Scarlet Pimpernell thing, as done by the wonderful Toast/Mewgal.

Oh, and the Valentine strip is now in the outtakes archive.

Tapewolf

2010/02/28
You are reading page 103 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

We ran very late on this owing to Ren's computer dying and throwing everything into confusion. Thanks to Keaton for helping with the colour during crunch time, without her help this would probably have had to wait until tomorrow.

Next week I'm intending to mix down my new album so there will probably be filler instead unless we run ahead of schedule (fat chance!).

Still no word on when Strange Bedfellows will be returning, but one way or another, it will return. Probably with a different artist, though.

Tapewolf

2010/03/20 - Strange Bedfellows resumes
You are reading page 107 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Originally this strip was to feature guest art from an artist whose name it is only right and pious to omit. As and when the final version is complete I intend to update this page and I'll mention it on the rant.
One of my mottos is to always have a backup plan, and unfortunately the backup plan in this case was to get Ren to draw the whole thing, which took a lot more time and effort than either of us really budgeted for. On top of which Ren had a rather active and tiring week.

Anyway, it's ready and I hope you have fun reading it.

Remember that Strange Bedfellows has updated for the first time this year. I've had pencils for the last three strips, so hopefully the other inks will be along soon. If they come as a pair, I'll probably update both of them at once.

Don't forget that Dark Angel updates on Tuesday.

Tapewolf

2010/04/02 - Strange Bedfellows
We're going to be a bit late on the comic again. In the meantime, here's the final part of Strange Bedfellows.

2010/03/29 - Update
You are reading page 108 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

Ren disappeared through internet loss on Friday evening, so I updated Dark Angel then instead. As a result, I'm updating the main comic in DA's slot. Hopefully this is just a one-off.

As for the comic, I can't say I quite envisaged seeing Daryil after a murder or Dorcan quite this naked (he was supposed to be waist-high in an upright washing machine). To make things worse, the original design for the drier looked like the disintegration chambers in Star Trek - A Taste of Armageddon, and what with the way Dorcan was squirming and protesting as he was pushed in, it did not a pretty picture make...
Uh, anyway. Strange Bedfellows should conclude around Friday, Dark Angel should continue next Tuesday.

2010/04/03

You are reading page 109 of Project Future, a weekly strip inspired by Amber Williams' DMFA.

This one was hard for Ren to draw and hard for me to shade. I hope you enjoy it. Strange Bedfellows is finally over, hope you enjoyed that too. Thanks again to Kipiru for his hard work in making it possible.

With luck, we'll be updating Dark Angel on Tuesday, but Spooks is having a busy time so I can't guarantee it.