2014/05/09 - [DMFA #1484] An offer he can't refuse

Started by ZacAttac21, May 09, 2014, 03:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

Anybody else thinking this is gonna end with Abel converted to Quoar's clan? Either that or Quoar is out to ruin Abel.

Also, I have to wonder if Jyrras has an invitation waiting for him too. I mean, he is kind of a celebrity...

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on May 09, 2014, 03:26:13 AM
Anybody else thinking this is gonna end with Abel converted to Quoar's clan? Either that or Quoar is out to ruin Abel.

Also, I have to wonder if Jyrras has an invitation waiting for him too. I mean, he is kind of a celebrity...

It's possible, but this might be a 'Cubi-only affair.  (partners notwithstanding)

And yeah, the fact that Abel resembles the Quoar ideal has been speculated on.  An actual clan conversion requires he sire a child, though.  Unless, of course, the ancient and powerful Quoar has some other way of doing it which has been lost to other clans.  (Possibly a 'cubi with the Quoar traits can be converted to his clan more easily?)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 09, 2014, 04:11:51 AM
An actual clan conversion requires he sire a child, though.  Unless, of course, the ancient and powerful Quoar has some other way of doing it which has been lost to other clans.  (Possibly a 'cubi with the Quoar traits can be converted to his clan more easily?)

Exactly what I was thinking.

Nightmask

Poor Abel, and here I thought he didn't have any vacation days left to go gallivanting off on another adventure.  Although hey when your boss is in such a good mood she's willing to advance you some don't want to go wasting that largess.

nichdel

Quote from: Nightmask on May 09, 2014, 05:24:50 AM
Poor Abel, and here I thought he didn't have any vacation days left to go gallivanting off on another adventure.  Although hey when your boss is in such a good mood she's willing to advance you some don't want to go wasting that largess.

Considering a lot of her assistance in the past has come from Dan, she surely knows by now that when adventuring comes knocking people like Abel and Dan go answer the door (though Abel protests first). Sudden vacation days are probably the norm.

Naldru

Consider that the alternative to giving Abel a vacation day is having the Warp-Acl around forever.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Wanderer

I don't know... I would think leaving town via teleportation would be one of those things that he shouldn't be doing. Might arouse suspicion.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wanderer on May 09, 2014, 12:03:37 PM
I don't know... I would think leaving town via teleportation would be one of those things that he shouldn't be doing. Might arouse suspicion.

Yeah, I as wondering if he'd have to drag Wildy along as a sort of 'minder', and pretend she's his partner.

Laplace5

Well, Piflac knows how to deal with Dimanika, so she should do fine with Wildy around.
Wait...
I just had a horrifying thought...

Wildy as a Dimanika cubi... :erk

Tapewolf

Quote from: Laplace5 on May 09, 2014, 12:27:40 PM
Wildy as a Dimanika cubi... :erk

Might not gel with the 'No kill' policy, given that she's part of a group which goes around killing people...

Viking ZX

Alright, I'm going on the record as saying Piflak's invitations to parties are one of the coolest magical invitations I've ever read. A sentient invitation in form of a warp aci? Awesome!

It's partially the warp aci's attitude that makes it, though!
I'm an author! Check out my site!

Tuyu

Quote from: Naldru on May 09, 2014, 11:31:13 AM
Consider that the alternative to giving Abel a vacation day is having the Warp-Acl around forever.
...the Warp-Aci what has already insulted her and her inn several times...

And Abel doesn't need vacation time for this--he just needs to work the day shift that day. ;)

Brunhidden

im thinking his original miniskirt has exactly the statement he wants to make

its somewhere close to 'my purpose here is to make you regret inviting me, leave me alone in the future'
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 10, 2014, 01:06:56 AM

its somewhere close to 'my purpose here is to make you regret inviting me, leave me alone in the future'

I'd bet the 'Cubi wouldn't think twice about that outfit. They might even like it.

Heck, with Abel's knack for fashion I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a designer in the future.

Tapewolf

That's fairly standard 'Cubi fashion, I think.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 10, 2014, 08:03:11 AM

That's fairly standard 'Cubi fashion, I think.

so what would convey the message?  sweat pants and hooters shirt?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 10, 2014, 10:06:11 AM
so what would convey the message?  sweat pants and hooters shirt?

A scruffy, un-ironed T-shirt and torn baggy jeans, I'd guess.

Amber Williams

Thigh high leggings and short shorts with the words "Juicy" written across the butt. :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 10, 2014, 01:10:12 PM
Thigh high leggings and short shorts with the words "Juicy" written across the butt. :U

I guess that's why Daryil never gets invited.

Amber Williams

Howl

Brunhidden

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 10, 2014, 01:16:54 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on May 10, 2014, 01:10:12 PM

I guess that's why Daryil never gets invited.

I was going to scream "The mental image! My cranial eyes bleed!" but somehow that just seems... right for Daryil. :P