Never mind

Started by thegayhare, April 08, 2014, 08:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Hello all

Well I was working on removing ice today and some how my player got smashed.  The damn thing still works but the screen is shattered making it impossible to navigate the menus to play anything.

But with my 2day bus trip out to Colorado in 48 days it's gonna make it even longer without those audio books.  

So I'm looking for a replacement.  The model I have is a 30 gig zen.  I'd like at least 30 gigs still but beggers can't be choosers.  I am willing to pay a fair price so if you have a player sitting around that you don't need gimme a note.

thegayhare

never mind anyone

I found a handy solotion...

I had a older mp3 player  a 6 gig sandisk sansa but it had a micro SD slot.  but the slot was limited to only 2 more gigs of data.  But I found that fans of the sansa had developed there own OS for it called the Rockbox that allowed the sd slot to read teareticly up to 2 terebyte size cards.   I got me a 64 gig sd card and the old beauty is working like a charm in fact rockbox seems a little more user freindly then the orriginal sansa OS

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't believe Rockbox was made _only_ by the fans of Sansa. My understanding was it was written by a bunch of guys, then ported to a surprisingly wide range of mp3 playing hardware. I considered installing it, but was happy with the one I was using.

I should find my mp3 player and see about putting rockbox on it, and seeing if that works better for battery life, actually...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

LOL oh sorry looking into it I see that it was for multiple platforms sorry

I just saw most of the comments relating to sandisk players mainly because I was looking for Sandisk info sowwy Llearch

llearch n'n'daCorna

No biggie. I can _certainly_ understand the focusing thing; i run into that all the time. ;-]

Glad you've got it all sorted, now, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

damn it... I've been having tons of problems with the micro SD card...  currently running a test I think I got suckered with a fake card

Tuyu

Have you tried reformatting the card?

thegayhare

several times

the card says its 64 gigs but after running the tests I found its got only 6 gigs usable

Sienna Maiu - M T

Have you tried it in different readers/devices?
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

thegayhare

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 16, 2014, 08:58:15 AM
Have you tried it in different readers/devices?

yeppers and I reported it as a fake to ebay  they immediatly refunded my money probably in hopes I don't give them negitive marks

I should have known 12 bucks for 32 gigs was too good to be true