9/8/06 Poaching rights

Started by GabrielsThoughts, September 07, 2006, 10:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LionHeart on September 08, 2006, 08:04:49 AM
Quote from: Vidar on September 08, 2006, 07:40:23 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 08, 2006, 07:22:15 AM
please? For my sanity's sake, what little I have left?
Excuse me, "sanity"?  :erk
What on earth are you doing bringing your sanity in here??

Surely you've been a forumite long enough to know better...

Taking it for a walk. It likes to get some fresh air, every so often.

.. well, ok. It likes to get out, even if the air isn't fresh. Chase people down, maul them, that sort of thing...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rowne

You're hardly a poster-boy for sanity, Llearch.  Though you might not be as far gone as I am but still, I doubt anyone here could stand up under the scrutiny of everyday folk.  Unless everyday folk are as nutty as a fruitbar.

As for the visit, I'm still expecting an impromptu party of some sort, as this all seems very random and I don't think even Biggs is this incredibly stupid but he might be stupid enough to think that the denizens of Lost Lake would fall for it.

There'll be pie, cake and party streamers before you know it.  You'll see!  You'll all see!!

*Cough.*  Excuse me.

luiqui

I don't think I can, man. I don't think I ever can. *shakes head*

Also:

TEETH ANGRY!

ANGRY TEETH!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rowne on September 08, 2006, 09:17:59 AM
You're hardly a poster-boy for sanity, Llearch.

Aww, you really think so? That's awfully sweet of you to say, Rowne. :-)

Gabi

What DO you want sanity for anyway? It would save you a lot of anger, frustration and their possible physical manifestations if you just gave in.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gabi on September 08, 2006, 10:23:49 AM
What DO you want sanity for anyway?

Lunch.

With fava beans and a nice Chianti. Mmmmm. :-)

ITOS

It gets extra crispy with logic. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

luiqui

OK, I'll actually try to think and come up with a meaningful post for once. Watch out.

There must, must be a twist to this story somewhere down the line. Alexsi has been overpowered and kidnapped yes; even then, she won't exactly make for a willing bride come wedding day. Wildy would have certainly suspected something was up, and not rest until her questions were answered. That, or just go postal (what's that supposed to mean anyway? she'd give him an angry letter?). Now Biggs is certainly no fool. He wouldn't have risen to present position of power, apparently with a degree of control over the creature council http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_479.php otherwise. Wildy on the other hand... I'm not so sure. I'm not saying she's stupid, but she's a bit of a loose cannon who tends to let her fists do the talking, so Biggs would have known that such a trick could work. So what could he be planning? Perhaps he's planning something diabolical, and wants to bring her into his domain and then out of the picture. Why didn't he just kidnap her as well? Maybe he just didn't want to have to go to the trouble of kidnapping two people. This way requires less work, and assuming he knows his sister well enough, perhaps more likely to succeed. I'll admit, I'm reaching a bit on that one. What about Rowne's idea? That would require Alexsi to be in on it, which would require the whole reporters thing to be a ruse, which isn't too unlikely considering it was first mentioned only yesterday, story-time http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_622.php. Biggs could have got into contact with her with the information that she hangs around at Lost Lake from somewhere and addressing a letter to the proprietor, explaining the situation. Alexsi would then have been able to schedule the closing of the bar ahead of time.

Well, I can't think of anything else right now, so I'm going to wrap up.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Just so you know, "going postal" is a reference to the US Postal Service employee's regrettable tendency to snap, take weaponry to work, and dispose of as many fellow workers as they can, before turning on themselves.

Or getting the police to dispose of them, depending on cases.

It's not really as widespread as it seems, it's just the media made a big fuss about it...

Further details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal

Arcalane

Not to be mistaken for Going Postal, The Book, or any of the "Postal" series of "ultraviolence" games. :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

... although, it must be said, Going Postal is more or less what one expects Moist von Lipwig to do after understanding the complexities of his job... :-)

thegayhare

Ahh but Moist handled the situation fairly well.

I loved his new postmen... Especail the old one... I can't remember his name.  Poor guy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 08, 2006, 11:59:10 AM
Or getting the police to dispose of them, depending on cases.

I believe the proper term for that is suicide by cop.  and it's not regulated to mearly postmen.  SBC is a little more wide spread then postal workers shooting sprees

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, of course not. SBC is something _all_ the cool kids are doing, this year.

It's just not something that we should really be advocating, since it leave the poor policeman feeling guilty over somethign he feels he might have been able to avoid, were he just that little bit quicker...
Or she, as the case may be.

thegayhare

Oh I agree one hundred percent

e_voyager

does anyone els get the feelin that dan is the victem of a pree arranged marrage sceams of some one other then bigs and that bigs is just the bait?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

luiqui

Quote from: e_voyager on September 08, 2006, 01:47:35 PM
does anyone els get the feelin that dan is the victem of a pree arranged marrage sceams of some one other then bigs and that bigs is just the bait?

Yeah, that though did cross my mind, though I forgot to put it in my post above. Or I could just be saying this to look smarter :B

It seems odd that everyone is just going along with this and not thinking about what could be going on beneath the surface. But this is Dan and Wildy we're talking about... :rolleyes

e_voyager

not quite what i had in mind but it could be that.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: luiqui on September 08, 2006, 11:54:07 AM
Biggs is certainly no fool. He wouldn't have risen to present position of power, apparently with a degree of control over the creature council http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_479.php otherwise.

Gah!  I totally missed that.  This is what comes of reading the archives backwards :P

[Jakob casts scry on "Illuminatus!"]

Okay, it's a diversion.  Alexsi's kidnap (willing or no) is a ruse to draw Dan and all the other adventurers to rescue her, while the Council's pawns kidnap the now-undefended Jyrras to neutralise him as a threat.

QuoteWhat about Rowne's idea? That would require Alexsi to be in on it, which would require the whole reporters thing to be a ruse, which isn't too unlikely considering it was first mentioned only yesterday, story-time http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_622.php. Biggs could have got into contact with her with the information that she hangs around at Lost Lake from somewhere and addressing a letter to the proprietor, explaining the situation. Alexsi would then have been able to schedule the closing of the bar ahead of time.

I just don't see Alexsi as being that evil.  Prone to irrational rages perhaps, but not Machiavellian.  It would not explain why Alexsi went psycho when Merlitz left, for instance.  If the reporter thing was a lie, she wouldn't have taken it so badly, unless Merlitz was somehow important to the scheme.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

did anyone else notice that as soon as Biggs recognized Widy he zoned everyone else on and Dan do look kind of like his sister holding that malled like that

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: e_voyager on September 08, 2006, 03:08:23 PM
did anyone else notice that as soon as Biggs recognized Widy he zoned everyone else on and Dan do look kind of like his sister holding that malled like that

You know, that dose look a bit odd . . . I never fully noticed that till now . . .

Rowne

I admit that my idea was more pointless optimism and the desire to see a truly unpredictable plot twist rather than anything else.

I often think up crazy ideas and only once have I ever had the chance to turn to a webcomic community and say "Ha, I bloody told you that was going to happen.  I told you, did you listen to me?  No, silly sods, oh, s'only a harmless bunny rabbit ..."  Usually the response to this is "If Rowne's right, the Universe will collapse soon and the sky is falling.  Is the sky falling?  I can't be bothered to look out the window."  But I digress.

Though, actually Tape, I disagree.  It might've explained why Alexsi went psycho.  Perhaps Merlitz was in on this plan and the plan involved only the people who weren't informed.  In fact, on the impossible offchance that my crazed ramblings might hold some truth, even Wildy might be in on the surprise party thing.  Alexsi might've just been really ticked off that Merlitz wouldn't get to enjoy the festivities.

And I'd wager that Alexsi could be convinced to act upon a machiavellian plot (probably not of her design) under the right circumstances.

Perhaps Merlitz was the organizer of said shindig!

Of course, I have absolutely no idea why I'm arguing the point (other than humour, since it does amuse me at least) since it's the most utterly absurd and wholly incomprehendable thing that probably wouldn't happen not even once in a blue moon.  Yes, I actually realize that.

The more likely option is that it's a plot to make Jyrras vulnerable so a battle between magicks and gigantic freakin' mecha with huge guns will commense.

Still, all the evidence, logic, common sense and reason in the World won't cull my secret hopes for the party that will never be.

(Edit: Wrote involved where I meant to write informed.)

Supercheese

Quote from: Rowne on September 08, 2006, 03:28:27 PM
The more likely option is that it's a plot to make Jyrras vulnerable so a battle between magicks and gigantic freakin' mecha with huge guns will commense.

Ooh, I like that idea...  :3

Rowne

Yes, I wouldn't mind seeing the gigantic, stampy and JyCorp labeled Titans either.

I'd prefer to see Jyrras with a party hat and blower, though.  Who could stand up to such cute?

----

Actually, random thought ... doesn't Jyrras have a reality generator?  I can't help but be reminded of this.  At least I think he does, one of the boffins around here will need to confirm or explain this one.  I remember him saying something about it after our favourite bovine first set foot in his 'lab' and proclaimed it was the happiest moment of her life ... because at that moment it was pretty much candy-land.

Such a weapon turned on magick-users would be entertaining.

"I'm no Scientist but the moon is NOT made out of marshmallow and it CANNOT fall out of the sky like that!  This is testing my sanity ..."

Arcalane

Quote from: Rowne on September 08, 2006, 03:50:47 PMYes, I wouldn't mind seeing the gigantic, stampy and JyCorp labeled Titans either.

Now now Rowne, no stealing from GDI.

Besides, I think Jyrras would be more the sort to own a Mammoth Mk2. >:3

Stand aside, AT-AT, MM2 coming through! :mwaha

Rowne

Quote from: Sheridan on September 08, 2006, 04:22:25 PMNow now Rowne, no stealing from GDI.

Awwww ...

Quote from: Sheridan on September 08, 2006, 04:22:25 PMBesides, I think Jyrras would be more the sort to own a Mammoth Mk2. >:3

I had considered linking something that would make Gigantor quiver in his metal booties but Jyrras seems to go for more small, quirky and incredibly destructive (Gryffon mech) as opposed to Large and in Charge / Could End the World.

I could be completely wrong about Jyrras though and it would be fun to see him pull up in front of the council in one of those, only to ask ...

"So, I've heard talk.  Do any of you have something you want to say to me?"

Zedd

You got a point with the Gigantor thing but I am still fan of the space age robot....

luiqui

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 08, 2006, 02:57:01 PM
I just don't see Alexsi as being that evil.  Prone to irrational rages perhaps, but not Machiavellian.  It would not explain why Alexsi went psycho when Merlitz left, for instance.  If the reporter thing was a lie, she wouldn't have taken it so badly, unless Merlitz was somehow important to the scheme.

Yeah, that's a good point. I can't imagine how Merlitz would mesh in at all, really.

As another incidental thing, people have speculated that the shadowy figure in the third panel of #366 might be Biggs. They both have shiny things in their chestal area. But other than that, they look completely different. In fact, I'm drawn to thinking that this is the human representative on the council. Someone has probably had that thought already.

Netami

Check the Demonology 101 section for werewolves, it looks exactly like her.

Zedd

luiqui

Quote from: Netami on September 08, 2006, 04:42:15 PM
Check the Demonology 101 section for werewolves, it looks exactly like her.

Yeah, you're quite right. And, that would make a lot more sense. But my idea is more crazy awesome so I'm sticking to it.